Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2
Default S/O Albums --- Let's SEE how you store/display your albums

I have a couple bookshelves where I have my albums but right now am working on transferring some to the 3 ring type of albums. I havent decided if I want all the same color, different colors etc etc.

I'd love to see how you have your albums displayed. So, share a picture!!! I'll post mine in a bit.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

lol..they sit on a shelf in my desk. Never thought about displaying them any other way. My dad puts the mini board book I gave him in a display case.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

We have a bookcase in our entry way that I store ours on - just like any other books.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I have a basket underneath the coffee table in the living room that is the home for my mini albums.

My collection of albums (cuz only 1 is full of actual layouts, but I have some pretty ones I can't bear to part with yet) sit underneath one of my workspaces. The legs are kinda like triangles, so they sit in an indent and hold it in place well (I know, it's impossible to explain, and you probably ahve no idea what I'm talking about).
Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

Do all your albums match? Same colors or not? How do you label what the books are?

I just love to see how they look especially if you have a lot. I only have about 4 full ones and a handful of photobooks.

I do have a few bragbook sized ones --- and I LOVE the idea of a little basket for them..
Old 07-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Ali Edwards keeps her mini albums in baskets around the house, that's where I got the idea from We have a big square coffee table, but the top is glass. So people come over and are like "oh hey I wonder what this is?" and pull out the basket and look through them all. I love it

I use tags to distinguish my albums. Tie it around the top most post or ring, and then let it dangle outside down the spine. Looks cute, and it's effective. Just write whatever you want on the tag to say what's inside.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I keep mine on a shelf in my scrap/desk area. You can see them in this photo which I've posted before:

Obviously I went with the multiple colors and labeled them with the chipboard stickers, haha. I am planning on adding a metal circle tag at the bottom that will label the volume of the album/what's inside it.

Right now I only have four albums but my plan for when they start getting too full is to remove an entire section from the album that is full and buy a new album in the same color. So for example, I put all my holidayelated albums in the Things album so I would by a new blue album and then label it with a metal tag that says v2 Holidays or something like that. I wasn't planning on redoing the chipboard lettering because I know it'll just annoy me to see them next to each other without the letters being lined up exactly. I just figure the v1 Things album will serve as kind of title album to say all blue albums after this are things too. If that makes sense.

It's really kind of up to you what you want to do. I've seen a lot of really cute things done with metal tags, hanging tags, etc. It also depends on if you want the ability to re-label them if you need to.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine are all bound books, I just label the side with whats in them before I print. The colors don't really match, but all are boyish colors.