Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-18-2019, 09:22 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Can I See Your Printed Pages?

Those of you who print individual pages... can I see what they look like in your albums? Pretty please!?

Is there a special kind of album that you prefer?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hopefully someone will show you some examples. I print mostly Shutterfly albums when there is a flat rate sale, so I'm not much help! Sorry!
Old 03-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Hopefully someone will show you some examples. I print mostly Shutterfly albums when there is a flat rate sale, so I'm not much help! Sorry!
Thanks! I figured most people print full albums these days, but I just found 50 credits for 8x8 pages at Persnickety Prints that I bought on sale ages ago and I've been thinking about how to use them... I thought maybe if I saw other people's albums it would help me decide what pages to print (ie a full album's woth or just random pages)
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I print individual pages! I like the Michael's brand 3 ring binder type albums & just add layouts in page protectors.

I keep them all on a bookshelf in our family room (easily accessible by the kids!) I have the more recent years on the other bookshelf side of the fireplace!

Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I print individual pages! I like the Michael's brand 3 ring binder type albums & just add layouts in page protectors.

Awesome Amie!! Your shadows look amazing printed!! Do your pages stay snugly in the sheet protectors when the kids rummage through the albums?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrap 12x12 but print 8x8 to keep the cost and size down. I use the Paper Studio albums and refill pages. To be honest I hadn't thought about it when I started buying them, just that they were readily available at Hobby Lobby and often 50% off. Now I feel sad because they rarely get new 8x8 album styles in and I'm stuck with buying duplicate albums or plain ones. There are so many more choices for 12x12 albums! I could change brands but I like being able to grab from my stash of page inserts whenever I print and not worry about which album fits what kind.

My room is a bit dark so these don't show up that well but hopefully they help you a little bit! The first is just one of my albums opened. As you can see, it doesn't lay completely flat.

Here's a look at what the (matte) page looks like outside of the sleeve and then inside. The sleeves themselves are very clear and don't take away from the page at all imo. (again they do look a little better IRL than these photos)

And lastly b/c Amie shared hers.. haha.. here are my albums. Mine are not in order and are slowly being rearranged. I didn't have a plan when I started printing and I wish I had! I didn't date my pages either and so it's been a process figuring out where each of them goes. Now I always add a date to my pages even if it's after I hand it in for my CT requirement!

Each of these albums is a specific year but I still have to label them and the fatter ones are the years that are mostly completed. They hold up to the kids (the one that's beat up is because it came to me that way and it's not Paper Studio.. boooo) but I will say that the full ones with the expanded spines are harder to take out and hold b/c they're just too full. That's okay for my 9 and 11 year old but little ones probably wouldn't do well with them.

In answer to your question to Amie -- my pages stay snuggly inside their page protectors so I have no complaints there! Ok thanks for reading my novel, I tend to be a rambler! LOL!

Last edited by KingsQueen82; 03-19-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow!! Thank you for sharing, Amie & Cassie! I love that you both use different style albums.
I have some printed pages, but I haven't added them to books yet. I don't scrap chronologically and want the albums to be chronological.
I love seeing them on the shelf, too! When I paper scrapped, I chose a color for each of my kids and for hubby&me because that way the kids would easily know which scrapbook was theirs. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the same thing with digi pages (a color for each of them), or change the color each year, since they won't be all on my shelves anymore (oh my... I'm going to make myself cry! LOL!)
Old 03-19-2019, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cassie and Amie, who do you use to print your pages? I had considered printing my own at 8x8 size, but then we would use a lot of ink in our printer, and the girls use enough for school projects!
Old 03-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print at persnickety prints online. A couple times a year they sell print credits and I buy 75 at a time. I think it's $1.49 for a 12x12 layout with the credit.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do very similar to Amie and Cassie. I use Doodlebug Story Albums, 12x12. It's definitely harder to find space to store that size. But, I have several shelves worth of albums from when I scrapped traditionally, so I've just kept with it.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Cassie and Amie, who do you use to print your pages? I had considered printing my own at 8x8 size, but then we would use a lot of ink in our printer, and the girls use enough for school projects!
I use Persnickety Prints. They have a 25% off sale every iNSD/DSD and this year for Super Bowl too so I stock up on print credits to print later!
Old 03-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for sharing!
I LOVE your library ladder ferrijc! We are planning one for our living room shelves.
Cassie, do you have ideas on how to label your albums? I print books but use a leather cover and need to put the years on my books. I've thought about just using a paint pen, or gluing some type of bookplate on it. I really would like to imprint/burn a date into the leather somehow. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 03-19-2019, 05:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Thanks for sharing!
I LOVE your library ladder ferrijc! We are planning one for our living room shelves.
Cassie, do you have ideas on how to label your albums? I print books but use a leather cover and need to put the years on my books. I've thought about just using a paint pen, or gluing some type of bookplate on it. I really would like to imprint/burn a date into the leather somehow. Anyone have any other ideas?
I hadn't really thought about it yet but I assumed I'd make a pretty label and modge podge it on or something like that? I just got a Cricut Maker so maybe a scripty little vinyl sticker or something?
Old 03-19-2019, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
I hadn't really thought about it yet but I assumed I'd make a pretty label and modge podge it on or something like that? I just got a Cricut Maker so maybe a scripty little vinyl sticker or something?
Hmmmm, vinyl and cricut. I hadn't thought of that one! I don't have a cricut but I have a friend who does!
Old 03-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Love it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Your albums are super impressive. It was just the inspiration I needed!!!
Old 03-19-2019, 07:13 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

@Cassi I tend to be a rambler too (why use one word when you can use 20!!) Thanks so much for the detailed info!

Do you like the 8x8 size?!

I haven't printed that size yet, in my head it's pretty small, but I just printed an 11x11 album and it's much bigger than I pictured it, so maybe 8x8 will be fine!
Old 03-19-2019, 07:15 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I do very similar to Amie and Cassie. I use Doodlebug Story Albums, 12x12. It's definitely harder to find space to store that size. But, I have several shelves worth of albums from when I scrapped traditionally, so I've just kept with it.
Ooh! I love the colors and the name plates are awesome! Where do you buy Doodlebug Story Albums?
Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
@Cassi I tend to be a rambler too (why use one word when you can use 20!!) Thanks so much for the detailed info!

Do you like the 8x8 size?!

I haven't printed that size yet, in my head it's pretty small, but I just printed an 11x11 album and it's much bigger than I pictured it, so maybe 8x8 will be fine!
I do like the 8x8 size! I get them on sale for $0.75 per page and for the quality I think that's unbeatable! They're a good size to fit on my shelves and for little hands. I haven't had a problem with not being able to read journaling or anything like that. Ideally I would love a 10x10 size but those are harder yet to find albums for!
Old 03-19-2019, 09:29 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
I do like the 8x8 size! I get them on sale for $0.75 per page and for the quality I think that's unbeatable! They're a good size to fit on my shelves and for little hands. I haven't had a problem with not being able to read journaling or anything like that. Ideally I would love a 10x10 size but those are harder yet to find albums for!
Awesome! I was concerned about readability. Just out of curiosity, do you know what size font you usually use when you scrap 12x12 and print 8x8?
Old 03-19-2019, 09:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

lol @Cassie!

I use Persnickety Prints too- I always stock up when they have sales, since I'm not always ready to print at that time.

My font size is usually around 12 pt- sometimes bigger/smaller depending on the layout but definitely readable.

farrijc- I LOVE your albums! they are so bright & cheery!
Old 03-19-2019, 09:45 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
My font size is usually around 12 pt- sometimes bigger/smaller depending on the layout but definitely readable.
Good to know! I try to stay around the 10-14 range depending on the page and font.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Ooh! I love the colors and the name plates are awesome! Where do you buy Doodlebug Story Albums?
I get them online, but they are getting harder to find! It’s a standard gift I get for Christmas, so I just search online... I don’t always get them from the same place. I used to see them at local scrapbook stores but I don’t shop there anymore so not sure if they still carry them. Lol
Old 03-20-2019, 07:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Awesome! I was concerned about readability. Just out of curiosity, do you know what size font you usually use when you scrap 12x12 and print 8x8?
Same as what Amie said -- 12 is my standard but sometimes I have to use 10 to fit and I can still read it. Your font choice is going to be a difference maker here though so make sure you use something clear and easy to read in general.

I read in the forums recently, but I can't remember who suggested it?--- If you scrap on a 12x12 canvas just zoom out to 75% and that'll be what your page looks like printed at 8x8.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post

I hadn't heard of Doodlebug Story Albums. (I haven't shopped much yet). Thanks for sharing your photos!
I LOVE your library ladder!! One of my goals is to have something like that
Old 03-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'll have to grab some pics, but I print at Persnickety in 12x12 and use WRMK leather ring bound albums. I have hundreds of layouts from there and the quality is excellent, the CS is great, and the turnaround time is top notch. When I wasn't local, I could have them inside the same week from order to in my albums, now that I'm local it's usually within a few hours that I can pick up.