Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-31-2019, 12:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Fact Questions 05/31

Where did the time go? Tomorrow is June already. Today's questions are all about summer.
  1. Do you go on picnics?
  2. What is your comfort zone with the temperature?
  3. Favorite summer attire?
  4. Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats?
  5. Fave BBQ meal?
Old 05-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1. We just had a picnic a few wks ago when visiting Bailey at the care home. We brought cold food and sat out in the backyard with all the food, paper plates and utensils and enjoyed the sunshine. Taz laid under the table hoping for scraps LOL.

2. I like temps around 75-80 but even up to 90 is ok with me. Mind you, we livel in a home with AC and my car has AC, so if it gets really hot I only feel it when I go outdoors.

3. Capris, tee and flip-flops, sandals or runners. I love Sketchers and Vans. Flip-flops need to have a comfy toe piece b/c I hate when it rubs.

4. I've got lots of them all but mostly runners and flats.

5. Hotdogs and burgers with goat cheese, onions and coleslaw. I recently had sweet potato salad so am going to try to make my own version with cauliflower, sweet potatoes and a bit of white potato.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics?
Sometimes. It's hard for me to sit on the ground/cross-legged (bad circulation & bad back) but if I can sit at/on something, we're good!

What is your comfort zone with the temperature?
See above. I'm too cold 80% of the time and too hot the other 20%. I like for it to be warm & sunny but then I burn so I need to be in the shade admiring the sunshine from afar.

Favorite summer attire?
I prefer dresses over shorts but I'm in between sizes at the moment so not having much luck.

Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats?
I have more sandals.

Fave BBQ meal?
Nothin' beats a good cheeseburger on the grill!
Old 05-31-2019, 05:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Can you believe it? Tomorrow will be the 1st of June!

Do you go on picnics? Yes, I don't like the heat but yes, because I love making memories.

What is your comfort zone with the temperature? I am fairly new to this four seasons, but I could safely say that I love the cold. Not the snow, but the cold.

Favorite summer attire? Whatever makes me feel comfortable, usually house clothes and my comfy slippers. But going out I go for walking shorts, capri yoga pants, my sketchers, tees.

Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats? I just have enough of each, hehe.

Fave BBQ meal? hotdog, burger.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics?
yep! lots of picnic meals at my kids' sports events and in our backyard or at the pool
What is your comfort zone with the temperature? 80-90 works for me!
Favorite summer attire? shorts, tshirt or tank and flip flops
Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats? more flip-flops/sandals
Fave BBQ meal? BURGERS!!!
Old 05-31-2019, 06:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics?
Not too often, though we have eaten on the deck or boat.

75-85 If it's hot I want to be in the water!

Favorite summer attire?
Capris, t-shirt, flip flops
flip flops
Fave BBQ meal?
steak
Old 05-31-2019, 07:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics? Not enough. I love the idea, but never plan one!
What is your comfort zone with the temperature? Indoors: 71 / Outdoors: 75-85
Favorite summer attire? Shorts with a cute tank/shirt and fun sandals ... and of course sunglasses!
Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats? I've got a lot of every type of shoe in every color, lol ... I haven't counted, but I'm sure it's well over 50; maybe even over 100
Fave BBQ meal? I don't really have one. I enjoy almost everything barbecued except dark meat chicken and bratwursts (because I just don't like the meat no matter how it's cooked).
Old 05-31-2019, 10:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics? No. It's too hot here in the Philippines for a picnic. Plus ants.
What is your comfort zone with the temperature?75 is my favorite. But I'm not crazy about anything lower than that. My quality of life decreases when I have to confine my feet to close toed shoes.
Favorite summer attire? I live in short skirts and t-shirts.
Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats?Flip flops/sandals.
Fave BBQ meal?My husband makes the BEST grilled shrimp.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:22 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics? Nope. When it's hot here, there is a lot of flies, mosquitoes, etc.
What is your comfort zone with the temperature? 28 - 30 degrees celcius (around 83-86F)
Favorite summer attire?t-shirt and short jeans or cotton dress.
Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats? Sandals. I live in sandals when the weather is warm enough.
Fave BBQ meal? I enjoy most of them.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics? Not really. We've done it a couple of times, but between the winds (cause everywhere that is ideal is on the water), and the mosquitos and 'no-see-ums' who feel WE are their picnic, it's never a good time to stop and sit still at a single location for any length of time for a picnic.
What is your comfort zone with the temperature? 65-80.... I hate summer heat, and obviously don't care for extreme cold). Late Spring is the only time of year we get these temps.
Favorite summer attire? Shorts and a tank top if I am staying home, Sundress, or jeans and a light t-shirt if I'm leaving the house.
Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats? I have 1 pair of each... having size 12 feet makes it VERY difficult to find cute shoes or even summer strappy ones that fit.
Fave BBQ meal? ALL OF IT!!! I live for BBQ season and I am always out BBQ'ing something.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. I can't even tell you the last time I had a picnic. I should change that (when it isn't so hot outside...lol).

2. I like temps around 75-80. Today is supposed to be 90 degrees so you'll find me inside as much as possible. We keep our AC set at 78. Cool and comfortable.

3. Capris, tee and flip-flops, sandals or runners. - same

4. I live in California....flip flops it is!

5. Pulled pork sandwiches and corn on the cob

Old 06-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LeeAndra - mostly too cold, then flips to too hot...that's me LOL. I go from freezing to boiling, there isn't much comfort zone in between for me.

Cherry - you can keep the cold and send me the heat! I too love comfy slippers. I work at home so that's my daily footwear. I have an assortment of them. They are my "work" shoes.

Krista - yep, 80-90 works for me too! I could live on burgers and hotdogs...my fave all yr long.

Cindi - it must be wonderful to have a boat and get out on the water.

Sheri - yes, 71 indoors. It's an ongoing battle with my hubs to turn the AC up and down. He likes it at 74 but I find that too cold, the AC keeps kicking in too much at that setting but 71 is perfect for me, keeps it cool inside but I don't have to bundle up with a sweater or hoodie.

Kellie - yum, grilled shrimp. Reminds me that its time to go to our local meat store and get some lemon garlic shrimp skewers. I love a few of those with a burger.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics?
Not really...I'm not comfortable on the ground anymore because of the circulation in my leg. When our daughter was little, we would take our lunch to Disneyland and sit outside the park in the picnic area. That was fun.

I'm most comfortable when it's about 72-80, but I really enjoy seasons, so I enjoy all temps!

Favorite summer attire?
Mostly jeans & tshirts, maybe crop pants. I'm uncomfortable about my weight, so I don't wear shorts anymore.

I honestly have 1 pair of each because I need a bigger size since having blood clots in my leg. :P

Fave BBQ meal?
If I'm making it, it's chicken. If someone else is making it, then steak. I've never figured out how to BBQ steaks and have them turn out perfectly!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics?
Yes - my son loves picnics... this year we are challenging ourselves to a picnic at each park in the city - there are 30+ parks, we need to get crackin'! haha - we did this 9 years ago, Jake wants to do it again so this time he will remember it.

Mid 70's and up, as long as there is no humidity - I hate feeling sticky.

Favorite summer attire?
capries and t-shirt

uhm, I guess flats... I really dislike flip-flops, so one pair of sandals... the rest of my shoes have to take colder weather.

Fave BBQ meal?
brats on the grill.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Do you go on picnics? Not really, sometimes we take food to the lake with us if we are going for the day. We do camp though.
What is your comfort zone with the temperature? 70s is ideal when I am working, when I am off work, it can be much warmer.
Favorite summer attire? capris and a t-shirt and flip flops
Do you have more flip-flops/sandals or running shoes/flats? flip flops
Fave BBQ meal? veggies, veggies and more veggies