Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 05/06 Shopping

Aside from buying digi stuff, do you buy anything else on-line? Or do you prefer to go to a store and shop for most things? Do you enjoy shopping or consider it a chore? When do you like to shop, any specific time or day?
Old 05-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to love spending the day at a mall, browsing and making purchases. Nowadays, I prefer to have a plan, get in and out, and not spend hours out shopping like I used to. I don't shop for clothes online but I do shop on amazon prime for lots of things. I always check pricing there before buying something local, price checking.

When it comes to cookbooks, i will often find it on amazon but go into a local store to browse thru it to see if I really want it. Or, I will browse thru one of our stores and then while there I will check amazon for pricing b/c I've got the app so its easy to check when I'm out.

Its too easy to shop online (even here in Canada where shipping and delivery times can really suck) so definitely don't spent as much time in the malls and stores around here. Plus, as a bonus, if I don't go out shopping all day, I can shop faster online and then free up more time for other things like scrapping, reading, getting outdoors for photo walks, etc.

If I do go shopping in the stores, I like to go early, when the traffic is light, the stores are overly crowded and I can still get home in time to enjoy the rest of my day.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I do a lot of my shopping online. We live in a very rural area and honestly our closest walmart is 1.5 hours away. The closest big "store" is Canadian Tire and even that is 45 minutes from us. (both of those are hwy driving and with the cost of gas... it's a lot) When amazon started introducing more things in Canada and prime became a thing it was the best thing EVER. I am very indecisive and I have a hard time purchasing things so it's nice to be able to think things through.

When we go to the city (lethbridge is 2 hours from us and calgary is 3 hours) we do shop - that's where we will go to costco and other things we can't get online. It is just so hard because it usually is really exhausting, we end up having so many things on our list that a lot of times I just give up because I can't deal with all the stores.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I never buy clothes or shoes online, I like to try them on and see how they fit me. But I do buy other stuff online.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do buy online stuff too. On April, I ordered a scooter for my girl and I received it last week, when I opened the door I saw the box was opened and broken on my doorstep. So I immediately sent a refund request on amazon, since it wasn't under prime, I worry that I will have a headache about my refund. And the seller sent me an email saying that she will give me half the refund but I should be the one to look for a shop where I could have the scooter fixed. I don't know if I should just say yes or what because I feel tired already thinking that we will be sending emails back and forth but in the end I will not have any refund at all. And to think that I need to order something online today but I am feeling scared you know, that something might go wrong again. Haha.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I do a lot of my shopping online. We live in a very rural area and honestly our closest walmart is 1.5 hours away. The closest big "store" is Canadian Tire and even that is 45 minutes from us. (both of those are hwy driving and with the cost of gas... it's a lot) When amazon started introducing more things in Canada and prime became a thing it was the best thing EVER. I am very indecisive and I have a hard time purchasing things so it's nice to be able to think things through.

When we go to the city (lethbridge is 2 hours from us and calgary is 3 hours) we do shop - that's where we will go to costco and other things we can't get online. It is just so hard because it usually is really exhausting, we end up having so many things on our list that a lot of times I just give up because I can't deal with all the stores.
Man...with a drive like that how often do you actually go to one of those big stores?

Old 05-06-2019, 05:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't do a whole lot of online shopping. I pretty much have any store I want nearby whether I'm at home or the office. Also, I'd rather be able to return things to a store should I need to.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It varies- but I do buy a lot on amazon- because we have prime & I feel like we need to 'get our money's worth!' I'm totally one of those people that will not buy it online if I can get it locally with no shipping. I HATE paying for shipping & have no clue why. A number of times I have done the "ship to store" option to save on shipping!

Do you enjoy shopping or consider it a chore? I like shopping- but I'm not a huge browser. I can never find good stuff at thrift stores because I lack the patience to dig through stuff!

When do you like to shop, any specific time or day? I prefer to shop during the weekdays when my kids are at school & the crowds are lower. Especially for groceries.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I try to do all my shopping online. I HATE shopping (except for grocery shopping, I do enjoy that, but I HAVE to go in to do that shopping, I do not like the whole order online then go pick it up thing). I didn't do any shopping this week, (besides a few things here), but sometime this month I will be doing my birthday/mothers day shopping for myself.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Internet shopping is the best thing since sliced bread to an introvert like me!

Old 05-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Shopping...blech. I will go as long as possible so I don't have to step foot in a store. But I also don't want to do online shopping for picking up. So, I just do without a lot of things I probably need! Like bath towels. I haven't bought bath towels in 20 years. I use Amazon a lot, too, but mostly for gift cards for the kids.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love online shopping, I rarely have time to go shopping without the kids and they're a horror to bring anywhere these days. Online I get what I need, only downside is I tend to overspend easier with paypal/online as you don't get the same feel of money as in a store.
That said, if I do get the chance to go shopping on my own I prefer to do it in the last 2 hours before the shops close, then everyone else is home eating dinner and the mall is so quiet and you can actually get the help you need in a store.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:21 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I shop online as much as I could here, since I don't drive. But, if I have to, I plan ahead where I'd go and what to buy and be smart about it, since I'll be on foot and public transportations.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I buy EVERYTHING online. Being here with the Embassy, we have mail privileges, but the teachers I work with do not...I can't even imagine!
I buy just about all of our dry goods online-- cereal, toilet paper, etc. I even found a shop in Wisconsin that can safely ship cheese and bacon all the way to Turkmenistan, hahaha. I just have to keep up with our pantry contents and order 2-3 weeks before we need something. Two-day shipping is going to blow my mind when we return to the states
Things here are very expensive and so, while having an almost-full-time housekeeper and driver is practically "pocket change", buying, say, a pair of shoes is totally cost-prohibitive. My kids are learning to spend their allowance at Amazon and getting a bonus lesson in delayed gratification
Old 05-07-2019, 03:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm very decisive when it comes to shopping for a particular purpose, like a birthday or Christmas, and can either buy online if it's a particular item I'm looking for or go into a store if it's more of a "What would this person like?" gift. I'm much more indecisive when I feel like shopping but don't have anything in particular to buy. I will usually walk away empty-handed in that case.

I buy a lot of clothes online -- Agnes & Dora is sold like Tupperware from a consultant so I do that regularly + there are a few fun shops like JustFab & Modcloth that I order from every so often.

What I do NOT like doing is shopping with my kids. Grocery shopping with them is the worst -- they have to argue over who gets to take the item off the shelf or play games while we're walking the aisles that involve being loud or tripping over each other or walk down the middle of the aisle not paying attention and getting in people's ways. This is why usually just the littlest & I go to get groceries.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have no desire to do online or delivery grocery shopping. I like to pick out my produce and meat and I also meal plan as I shop.

I love buying gifts online. I like to compare products and of course it's so much easier having them shipped directly to the person you're gifting.