Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Do you have any other hobbies?

I feel like my hobbies spread me too thin between them, but I love them all so much, haha!

I am writing a few books, paint rocks, pixel art with perler beads, draw home made pokemon cards for a pokedex for my kids, scrapbook (obviously), make scrapbook setups with pokemon cards, and the list goes on. I feel like there's so many things I want to do that I end up focusing on one and burning myself out on it for awhile. I've not drawn for awhile, I'm just picking scrapping back up, and the idea of painting rocks is slowly becoming less fun, haha

How do you manage your hobbies?

Old 08-05-2019, 08:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How do I manage my hobbies? I have less of them. Haha!

My main hobbies are scrapbooking and reading. I'm too busy for much else these days.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

If I had the time, I would have a lot more hobbies. I love to quilt and design quilt patterns, I have been doing genealogy for years and I love to read. I also enjoy creating general crafts and redecorating a room each year. Because of my schedule I have had to put some thing on the back burner for now, but I plan to get back to all of them someday.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

In addition to digital scrapbooking- I make handmade cards (So I still use all my paper supplies!) I also really like to read & am sort of a clean freak, & like to clean/organize! lol! How do I manage... I never seem to slow down! I seem to have more time for 'my' stuff during the school year when the kids aren't home with me so that helps, although I tend to read more in the summer when we escape to the lake cabin every weekend. I would love to be more crafty & make more things, but have zero left over time to devote. Maybe once kids are grown & gone!
Old 08-05-2019, 11:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I knit & sew, but I go through spurts...one hobby is often tabled while I get super-involved with a different one.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like to go roller blading or spend time outside, but scrapping is my all time favorite hobby.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I do like to do different things but often end up no finishing a project because I have too many going on. But they are usually time consuming projects.

Like making a quilt bigger for my daughter who has outgrown her toddler bed.
Photobooks.
I just got a Cricut for my bday and can see this being another favorite.
Scrapbooking of course.
Baking (because I have a sweet tooth).
Photography.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post

My main hobbies are scrapbooking and reading. I'm too busy for much else these days.

I'm like Jak and have no other hobbies--if I did, I forgot about them already!!

Seriously my eyesight and carpel tunnel have gotten so bad I've had to give up most of my other hobbies (beading, sewing, needlepoint, etc). I primarily stick to digi because I can take breaks and come back quicker to it than I could the other hobbies.

Although I've been teetering on getting a cricut for over a year now. I'm THIS close to buying the Master, but I keep waiting because it's such an investment. Once I get that (I will get it), I'll be making a lot of things with it, but I also see that as an extension of digi.

Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have nearly as much time to spend on my hobbies as I'd like to. When I do get time to do something, I usually choose Scrapbooking over anything else.

Other Hobbies include: MAKEUP is a big one.... I love that every day I can use my face as a canvas for creativity. I've recently become a 'crazy houseplant lady' and I am loving it so much!!, Geocaching, driving to see different lighthouses, gardening, raising chickens (and stepping more into homesteading with something new each year), I LIVE to BBQ (I love to bake and make sweet treats -- though not so much since hubby and I have been dieting and I can't eat them), Reading & Organizing (I get way too much joy out of re-organizing things!!)

Things I used to do that I'd love to pick up again are: Art Journaling, Writing, Making sings and my own decor items, simple sewing projects.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I write books and hike and collect anything with cats!
Old 08-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Scrapbooking slowly took over and little but little most of the other hobbies fell by the wayside over the years.

I used to sew a bit, crochet/knit, cross stitch, decoupage, quilting and rug hooking. I also did a lot of puzzle books, online puzzles, word searches, crosswords,etc and I seldom do those anymore.

I still create cards occasionally and my photography will always be a big part of my life, but everything else has dwindled off. I'm absolutely ok with that. Scrapping and photography are in my soul, in my heart...I'll never give those up but everything else...don't miss it.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Scrapbooking is def my biggest hobby with photography...

but I like to do so much else!! (Work really gets in the way)

I like all crafting, drawing, painting, my Cricut, quilting, sewing, decorating, designing kits a little, making games and learning centers for my child care/preschool kiddos, and reading.... and traveling.

My hubby and I do most of our home remodeling together, and have make some little furniture items. We just finished remodeling the upstairs hall bath and did wall tile for the first time. For a bit I really thought we were in over our heads!

I think that's all. lol

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 08-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really only scrapbook and read these days. I gave all my craft supplies away when we moved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Ha ha - I find myself flitting between them! Photography, food photography, watercolor painting, yoga ... I do a little bit at a time. Although, Yoga and Scrapbooking are the definite winners for most practiced.
www.gallerystandouts.com
Old 08-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love to read, travel and plan trips. Not sure what else besides those things.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Is researching homeschooling curriculum a hobby? Because I spend a lot of time doing it... haha

Otherwise Scrapping is my main one - I like to read, but then it takes away from my scrapping... organizing and spending oodles of money at the dollar tree is apparently a new hobby that I've started...
Old 08-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and puzzles!
Old 08-08-2019, 01:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This'll sound terrible, but I save my main hobby activities for when I'm at work. I'm a fire dispatcher and we often have a lot of downtime on night shifts. That's when I do my hobby stuff. I like reading and crochet. I also do a lot of my kit planning while I'm at work. I search ideas and organize the supplies I want to use in dropbox so that it's all ready to go once I'm home at my own computer. I sure miss the days when I was allowed to bring my personal laptop to work! Man, was I productive then! lol
Old 08-08-2019, 07:05 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
This'll sound terrible, but I save my main hobby activities for when I'm at work. I'm a fire dispatcher and we often have a lot of downtime on night shifts. That's when I do my hobby stuff. I like reading and crochet. I also do a lot of my kit planning while I'm at work. I search ideas and organize the supplies I want to use in dropbox so that it's all ready to go once I'm home at my own computer. I sure miss the days when I was allowed to bring my personal laptop to work! Man, was I productive then! lol

Have you researched an iPad Pro? You can read, plan and even create! Plus it’s portable enough to bring with you.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to, but I don't have time. Scrapping is my one and only hobby these days.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Digital scrapping is my only major hobby. I do read sometimes but I see that as something I should do -- like brushing my teeth & eating veggies -- rather than something I can choose to do or not. I also write but that is a type of work (goal: to be published next year) and not "for fun" necessarily.

When we get our own house that we own, there will be a flurry of interior decorating & DIY but it will still be a project with a deadline and parameters. You can scrap everything but you can only have so much furniture & decor.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Next to designing and digital scrapbooking, my other hobbies are crafting, summer reading, and making pocket letters. I only made 3 pocket letters the last 2 months and i'm really enjoying it...

As for crafting it;s something else everytime like right now i'm painting my own used jars to use for our wedding to put candles in it or flowers.

As in time I try to make time when i'm done with chores and when kids are at school or playing outside with friends...
Old 08-08-2019, 12:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
If I had the time, I would have a lot more hobbies. I love to quilt and design quilt patterns, I have been doing genealogy for years and I love to read. I also enjoy creating general crafts and redecorating a room each year. Because of my schedule I have had to put some thing on the back burner for now, but I plan to get back to all of them someday.
Lorie, I would love to know where to start with genealogy! One of my Grandpa's sisters did a family tree many, many years ago (before computers), but the information is old and faded. I'd love to take what she did and expand upon it!
Old 08-08-2019, 01:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

ROFL!! Great answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I don't have nearly as much time to spend on my hobbies as I'd like to. When I do get time to do something, I usually choose Scrapbooking over anything else.

Other Hobbies include: MAKEUP is a big one.... I love that every day I can use my face as a canvas for creativity. I've recently become a 'crazy houseplant lady' and I am loving it so much!!, Geocaching, driving to see different lighthouses, gardening, raising chickens (and stepping more into homesteading with something new each year), I LIVE to BBQ (I love to bake and make sweet treats -- though not so much since hubby and I have been dieting and I can't eat them), Reading & Organizing (I get way too much joy out of re-organizing things!!)

Things I used to do that I'd love to pick up again are: Art Journaling, Writing, Making sings and my own decor items, simple sewing projects.
Jenn, one of my dreams is to buy a house with enough land to raise chickens!! (and have some goats, maybe a llama)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_hart View Post
I write books and hike and collect anything with cats!
What kind of books do you write, Amy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
Next to designing and digital scrapbooking, my other hobbies are crafting, summer reading, and making pocket letters. I only made 3 pocket letters the last 2 months and i'm really enjoying it...

As for crafting it;s something else everytime like right now i'm painting my own used jars to use for our wedding to put candles in it or flowers.

As in time I try to make time when i'm done with chores and when kids are at school or playing outside with friends...
Those are beautiful, Wendy!! When is your wedding? You must be so excited!
Old 08-08-2019, 01:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Digi scrapping and reading are about the only hobby I do anymore.

When I paper scrapped, I also stamped and made cards. I knit, but haven't done that in ages. I did calligraphy for many years, but am very out of practice. That's something I'd like to take up again.
Since breaking my wrist, even being on the computer hurt, so I started doing puzzles again...something I could do one-handed! I'm almost at the point where I don't want to look at another puzzle!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Thanks! It will be Sept 13th
Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
Thanks! It will be Sept 13th
That's so exciting!!! I can't wait to see photos!!
Old 08-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
I feel like my hobbies spread me too thin between them, but I love them all so much, haha!

I am writing a few books, paint rocks, pixel art with perler beads, draw home made pokemon cards for a pokedex for my kids, scrapbook (obviously), make scrapbook setups with pokemon cards, and the list goes on. I feel like there's so many things I want to do that I end up focusing on one and burning myself out on it for awhile. I've not drawn for awhile, I'm just picking scrapping back up, and the idea of painting rocks is slowly becoming less fun, haha

You sure do not have shortage of hobbies! But that is great, because you are never bored. :-) And it's better to have too many than none!

My hobby "portfolio" has changed over time, but I think those that I have now are here to stay. On top of digi-scrapping I do cards, write song lyrics, crochet and build Lego. :-)

I tend to have phases. Right now I have a crochet phase and don't do anything else.

And even though theoretically I have loads of time (no children), I can always do max. 2 at a time. Weekends are not sufficiently long for more.

ETA: From non-creative ones I love swimming, reading and... watching Netlix haha.

Last edited by adrianka; 08-09-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Old 08-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

What kind of books do you write?

Old 08-09-2019, 08:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrap, read, and go fishing. That's about it
I do write poetry but that's not a hobby., that's my passion.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
ROFL!! Great answer

Jenn, one of my dreams is to buy a house with enough land to raise chickens!! (and have some goats, maybe a llama)!

What kind of books do you write, Amy?

I’d love goats too. Hubby and I are torn when it comes to worker animals... he wants a pair of oxen and I want a pair of draft horses.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I noticed several people write books, poetry and such. That is really cool. What a talented bunch of ladies!

Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
What kind of books do you write?
I'm writing some books for my middle dude who wanted to read a book about a ninja strawberry. I wrote the first one, and I'm almost done with the second.

I'm also just now starting another one... I had a very vivid dream a few years ago and my brain has been expanding the story ever since and I just started writing it haha

Old 08-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love to quilt, crochet, read, garden, hike in the summer, and craft in general. Scrapping has take a back seat the past few months but I'm itching to get back to it.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Reading, practising calligraphy on the iPad which is hard for me lol, I love baking too but kids get in the way of that so I haven't done it for a while and I miss it.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a short attention span. While a lot of things capture my interest, few hold my interest long term. That means I usually only have a few hobbies at a time that I am focusing on.

Currently, scrapping isn't even on my radar, other than organizing my digi-stash after the recent hard drive debacle. Right now reading is the hobby garnering the most attention from me. If I'm not reading, I'm listening to audio books.

Our little farm is my other big hobby. We have 20 ducks, about 40 chickens, goats and a miniature horse. They are so much fun! On top of that, we have several pear trees that are ready to pick. I will be making pear jelly for the next month!

I like photography, cross stitch, bible journaling, bullet journaling, various crafts, etc.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm writing some books for my middle dude who wanted to read a book about a ninja strawberry. I wrote the first one, and I'm almost done with the second.
:-) :-) :-)

Quote:
I'm also just now starting another one... I had a very vivid dream a few years ago and my brain has been expanding the story ever since and I just started writing it haha

Old 08-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Photography - lately sports photography (basketball). My son plays so naturally I went from photography to focusing more on sports photography Our family is into basketball so much that we started our own 8th grade boy's team. We just finished our season and I'm going through game/tournament withdrawal lol