Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Halloween is around the corner-Let's talk something SCARY!

Have you start your Christmas shopping yet?

Every.single.year. I say I am going to start Christmas shopping early but every.single.year I end up doing it almost last minute.

Which are you? Shopping in July? Running to the store (or online) by the last day? Or heck I start shopping the day after Christmas, huge deals!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh, I actually DID start Christmas shopping at the end of September. I am so freaking proud of myself. I got something for my mom, grandma, and a couple things for my daughter already.

I told myself I was going to do it all before Black Friday this year. I just do not want to join the hoards of people shopping in December. If I have to buy something in December it will be on Amazon.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yay for starting! You are my idol! I keep saying I need to get going on it. I don't know if I am getting too old or what but I don't love shopping with the gobs of people anymore either. And double Yay for Amazon! Love my Prime! hahaha
Old 10-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

My Christmas shopping for my niece and Kennedy are DONE!!!
Well pretty much done, I'll probably still buy a few more small things. But I've had them done since September.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope. My girls have birthdays mid Oct and late Nov, so I'm doing birthday shopping now. They're not needy kids, and don't ask for much, so I struggle to find enough gifts for birthdays AND Christmas. I usually do my Christmas shopping Nov/Dec.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm about 85% done. Don't hate... :P We had family photos done this summer - well, through church, but hey, it's a professional photo, first in 5 years! haha I just need frames and that done... well, except for the calendars that I make every year... just waiting on seeing if any designers are doing calendars this year... *hint, hint*. Then I just need to get something for my SIL/BIL and J's godfather's son and new daughter... then I'm done.

As for kiddo - I shop him all year round, when things pop up on sale. So, it's just picking from the pile in the closet.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Holly: WOW! You are definitely on top of things! Woot!!

Jacinda: It is hard when birthdays are so close. My kids don't want for a lot either. I keep asking my 9 year old daughter what she wants and she always responds with I don't know haha.

Rebecca: Great idea shopping through the year. I really should do that. And yes calendars!

Sandy: Online shopping can be a saving grace! I have been shopping online more and more over the past few years.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We haven't started yet. We're usually late November early December shoppers. Only because hubby gets his work bonus during Thanksgiving. Yay!!!! Lol

Old 10-09-2015, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Done with Harper
2 more gifts and I'm done with Cooper.
Half way done with Keira and I have a list of the rest of I'm planning to get her.

Done with my Inlaws, almost done with my parents.

So that leaves stocking stuffers and the hubby and my two nephews.

I like to start the end of September, but really I start looking in October. I'm trying to hold off on the older 2 in case they change their minds, that's why I don't have everything crossed off just yet.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't shop for Christmas until December, or shortly before. Believe it or not, I actually don't have a desire or feel the need to do it sooner. It's never been a problem for me getting it done in December. I completely know I'm the exception, but I don't totally get the allure of doing early.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I don't shop for Christmas until December, or shortly before. Believe it or not, I actually don't have a desire or feel the need to do it sooner. It's never been a problem for me getting it done in December. I completely know I'm the exception, but I don't totally get the allure of doing early.
Some of the best sales are in December here, so I too have no problem waiting till then to shop.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I wish I had the willpower to wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I start watching for sales and trying to come up with ideas around this time - I do a lot of shopping in November and try to be done before December rolls around, but there are always a few things that end up going until the last minute. I like to spread out the spending a bit so it's not quite as...huge all at one time.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DS's birthday is in Oct, so when I shop for his birthday gifts I usually start thinking about the holidays and maybe making some lists. But I usually start shopping on Black Friday and then finish online within a week or so. My "holiday" shopping also includes DD and DH's birthdays, since they're late Dec and early Jan.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas shopping has become depressing for me. We no longer have family that associates with us - which is actually a blessing - so we don't have to buy for that.

Our kids are getting older and either want $$ or large gifts so it seems so not "thoughtful" I don't like that. When I do shop, Amazon gets a lot of my business LOL

Old 10-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashaw View Post
Our kids are getting older and either want $$ or large gifts so it seems so not "thoughtful" I don't like that. When I do shop, Amazon gets a lot of my business LOL
My oldest is nearly 12 and has made that transition, too. So far I'm in the camp of that-just-makes-things-easier, but I can see where it will take a lot of the fun out of shopping when all 3 of my kids are like that.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I did a preorder for a book lily wants and that's it so far.. I'm not really stressed about it though. With amazon everything is so easy..I think this year Christmas is going to be pretty low key too
Old 10-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm much the same, normally I start once my exams are over in November but when I do start it won't take me long as I don't have a huge family or a young family to buy for - its a family of 6 with the youngest being 24 years old. I tend to buy about half gifts and half gift cards.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020X using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

christmass is in the netherlands all about food and familly whe don't do pressents with christmass that whe do with sinterklaas when the childeren are little . but more and more will celebrate christmass with presents when the kids are older , my pressents i always shop last minute i don't know why but my food i am planning why up head
Old 10-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We probably will just get a new Christmas tree, since the last year one was really bad quality and my hubby tossed it away. We might go out or I'll cook a special lunch/dinner on Christmas day, but not really gifts-focused day for us.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have started I have a very small family and for my parents and 2 sisters I make them something every year. I've finished my parents' and I'm about 50% done on my sisters' projects.

My niece and nephew are at the age now where they prefer gift cards so they're done.

I have already started making meals and freezing them for my grandfather (he loves this every year and at 95 he appreciates having meals premade and in his freezer).

My son and his wife are also done but I do need to decide what I'm getting my 2 grandkids (1 gift each).

I have even started shopping for my 15-yo daughter, and she isn't getting much since her big gift is starting driver's ed in March once basketball season is over I have subscribed to Birch Box for her as one of her gifts and will probably pick up a book and a couple shirts and be done
Old 10-10-2015, 11:02 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

We don't do Christmas presents, it's not a thing in Holland. But I am looking for some nice DIY decoration ideas already. After Halloween I'm ready for Christmas, I live by the Disneyland seasons
Old 10-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I start in August. It's easier if you start early and spread out the spending.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't started yet. But we celebrate Christmas low-key when it comes to presents.