Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default How Was Your Holiday?

Did you have a good Christmas/holiday? Tell me about it. What gifts were hits? Did you find any new recipes you loved? Visit somewhere fun?
Old 12-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was a great Christmas! Good food, lots of family time, and lots of relaxing. Loooved it.

We had a lot of gift hits! For my 8 year old DD, the iPod Touch was the biggest hit. (I loaded it with tons of educational apps and she's spent ages on spelling and math drills all the while telling me how awesome it is to have the iPod -- score for mom!). She also really liked her microscope.

My almost 5 year old DS loves his new space ship (which I bought on an awesome sale) and legos and lego sorting head.

My hubby bought me some beautiful opal earrings and Pandora charms. Loooove!

He was thrilled with the bluetooth Bose speaker I got him, but I think it was a simple leather bookmark that I had embossed with his name that he was most pleasantly surprised by.

All in all, a great holiday!

BTW, I make this every year for Christmas morning breakfast and it is awesome: Pioneer Woman's Baked French Toast.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had a good Christmas despite the rough day the boys had with their xbox due to the hack on Microsoft. They have just been able to get in to it this evening. At least it forced them to use their other stuff and not fight over who was going to get a turn with it all day LOL. Everyone got something they really wanted, we got to spend time with the whole family (so great living within minutes of my brothers and their families). I am just happy that the 'work' part of the holiday is done..... I have just been relaxing since last night and all day today taking the time to enjoy it while I can. Over the next few days I will be back at it, putting decorations away, and taking down the tree so we can have our 'clean' start for the new year.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It was a good Christmas... everyone (okay- most were - my MIL is a loose canon) was very civil to each other - NEVER happens with DH's family... I did develop a migraine from being overtired - kiddo had us up at 4am on Christmas Day.

I had my usual fair - german potato salad, calico beans, and ham (in the past we did hot beef)... I did try a few new recipes that were a huge hit:

Shrimp Scampi Dip - I have a lot left over, thinking of putting it with pasta will be yummy
Graham Cracker Toffee - very addicting
puffed pastry brie and cranberries- great right out of the oven, when it cooled, okay- not as good
Old 12-26-2014, 08:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We had a great day, other than 2 broken gifts. Harper's vtech drums didn't work, amazon no longer has it at the price she paid, so she ordered another one.

And I broke Keira's nerf rebelle cross bow. I cut the string, thinking I was cutting something holding it in the box. She was ok, I ordered another one from amazon, $10 more than I paid for that one. Anyhow.

We did a traditional turkey dinner on Christmas Eve, yesterday we had Rachel Ray's Gingerbread Waffles, it's been our tradition for at least 8 years, maybe longer. Had Tacos and Tamales at my inlaws for dinner.

Biggest hits, Keira got a kindle fire 6 hd, she's over the moon with it and the sew cool sewing machine.

Cooper got a cowboy set from my mom and he loves it. And then probably skylanders and rc tanks are his favorites. No misses so far.

Harper got a singing Mickey Mouse he loves, and play food that has been a big hit.

Hubby was surprised with lots of things he wasn't expecting. A fishing pole was probably his biggest surprise.

He spoiled me, a couple pandora charms (kohl's versions), perfume, burts bees gift set, thirty-one purse, some cooking stuff (OXO stuff) and a big stock pot, he did good!
Old 12-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas was good. The girls loved everything. The kindles were a hit and all the Disney legos have been a huge hit. They also loved the cowboy boots that my parents got them. Jon and I got cash from my parents and Jon got me a Cuisinart food processor. I got him a calendar and a board game, Battleship.

Food was excellent. We did usual snacky stuff and then for dinner we did Italian food. Pasta bar with pesto, Alfredo, and spaghetti and meatballs. Garlic Bread and Lasagna. Dessert was pie. So good.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Our Christmas was great! We opened our gifts about 10:00/11:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve, sort of a tradition! We usually wait until midnight but we didn't make it this year.

We then went to my Maternal Aunts home for Christmas Lunch with gift opening afterwards! I have been puny the last week and a half with a stomach flu so it was mostly soft bland foods for me.

Next we traveled to my Paternal Aunts home for Christmas Dinner which my mom and I helped with. We then gave out gifts to my aunt for hosting and then to the littles (18 and under) only gets gifts on that side of the family!

Of all my gifts, which I have to say I was blessed and my parents spoiled me way too much this year! I am one lucky girl I know for sure. Of the favorites is a Navy Blue double strand leather Pandora bracelet with the Follow The Stars charm, which is gorgeous and 2 Pandora stackable rings - Everlasting Grace (pearl with CZ') & Sparkling Bow. Another favorite is the Pandora Jewelry box to hold all my Pandora bracelets and charms and of course a Tinkerbell Jim Shore figurine. Lots of other stuff just too much to mention!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got lots of goodies!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we had a great Christmas! all the gifts were hits and are still being played with!

Old 12-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our day was pretty nice, but none of us felt well. We were all in bed by 8pm.

The kids were both excited. Their 'big' gifts consisted of an American Girl doll and a PS3. They were thrilled beyond belief. Then, after the extended family left the kids wandered into our bedroom and found gifts for them under the tree in there. We got them both iPad minis. They about fell over. The 9 year old had been asking for a tablet for the longest time. I have a Nexus that DH has been using since I have a work issued iPad. When I got DH an iPad my 9 year old started begging us to let him have (or just use indefinitely) the Nexus. We told him over and over that he's just too young for a tablet. We said he had to be older, though we never specified how much older. He was so excited. I don't think his 12 year old sister was as thrilled that they both got one at the same time, but he is more responsible with such things than she is so it would have been hard to justify getting one for her and not for him just because she's older.

I got a Fit Bit Flex, a lighted keyboard, a Ninja juicer and a mother's ring.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We had our third and final Christmas celebration this afternoon. The kids got lots of fun stuff, and I got the Ergo baby carrier I asked Santa for, so it's all good.

My favorite gift, though, was a mixed media painting that one of my besties did of me + her + our other bestie. I have it in the living room, and every time I've walked by it this past week, it's made me smile.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Love hearing about everyone's Christmases! I am pinning some of these recipes too.

We've had a great holiday. Like Jenn, we had to set aside the new xbox for the day due to the hack. The kids were fine though, I think it was dh who was most frustrated.

I can never predict which gifts my kids will love the most. My daughter spent almost the whole day playing with her Goldie Blox zipline. My son is a total sports geek and spent Christmas afternoon sorting his sports cards and reading his new NFL Record and Fact book.

Did the standard ham for dinner. These mushrooms were a huge hit and so easy to do in the crockpot while other things were in the oven.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our Christmas wasn't good....
My grandmother passed away on Christmas Eve.
We always have a family dinner on Christmas Eve, she used to be there too but not anymore for the past couple of years. She was in a care center. We received a phone call at 9 pm.

She was 93 years old so we knew that day would come, but still we're very sad because she truly was an amazing person. I loved her so much...
Old 12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
We always have a family dinner on Christmas Eve, she used to be there too but not anymore for the past couple of years. She was in a care center. We received a phone call at 9 pm.

She was 93 years old so we knew that day would come, but still we're very sad because she truly was an amazing person. I loved her so much...
I'm so sorry to hear that. My grandfather passed away two years ago just a couple of weeks before Christmas and it makes the holidays so hard.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We had a great holiday.

Mattie (my 11yo daughter) is ecstatic with her iPhone 6...it was really fun watching her open that gift. Cole got a Nintendo 3DS....he hasn't stopped playing it since he got it. I'd say both of their big gifts were a hit!

We opened gifts with the kids and then headed to my Mom's for breakfast. We stayed there for a bit and then headed over to my grandmother's house for an early dinner. After that we took the kids to see some Christmas lights before we headed home.

Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post

Hugs.