Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88
Default Houston girls check in!

Amanda H., Kim...anyone else I missed. How are y'all doing? Flooding in your area? My street was flooded, but it finally receeded this morning. BUT, our school district (Cy-Fair) closed all schools today. AND pushed back the TAKS testing for today. Just checking on you girls!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hope you're all staying safe!!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my what a night! We have a lake in our backyard and had some water in our laundry room but nothing major. The neighborhood on the other side of the creek from us does have some flooding.

But yeah we are home from school today.

It took Billy over an hour to get into our neighborhood last night. Our street was not flooded but the main street was. And then this morning he had to pull off of 529 into a parking lot becuase the road ahead was flooded when he turned around the road flooded behind him. It rose that fast.

But 11.18 inches in 24 hours is a little much. And that makes almost 20 inches in 10 days. Seriously. I am done with the rain.

I have a friend that lives in Bear Creek that I am trying to get in touch with. I see her neighborhood on the news and it is under water.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

I'm glad you're OK, Amanda. We got about 9 inches of rain. Fortunately, because of the way our house is situated, we didn't get any water in the house. But we have a lake in the back corner of the yard. The Science Guy on the Chronicle's website said we could be in for more of the same this evening...sheesh! I think we've had enough rain already!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Wow, I knew it had rained alot, but not that much. Is I-10 the proverbial river again?
I talked to my mom last night and her neighborhood (290/Antoine) had some flooding...not surprising since the bayou cuts through there, but her place was fine. Guess I need to check on my aunt in Katy and my grandma out in Cleveland.
Stay safe and dry girls...can't wait to get back down home in a few months! Try and keep the temps down for us though...hate the hot muggy Houston summers!