Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn
Default Would you make a scrapbook...

for your mother in law, even though you know it's going to be a huge pain in the butt? And how do you say no if she nags you about it?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i guess it depends on your relationship with your MIL .. i really like mine a lot - and she did a HUGE favor for me - she scanned in all her pictures (i haven't figured how many there were - THOUSANDS) and put then on an EHD for me to have ... so yep, i'd do it for her. but - i may try to do pages that would work for me too (heritage album?) or that i could switch out the pictures and use in my personal album heehee

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I would. I always try to remember that someday *I* will be the mother in law and treat mine the way I hope to be treated. I always make books for the kids when the grandparents come to visit, and I send my in laws a copy, even though I am pretty sure they don't care. Because I know it would hurt their feelings if I didn't.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My MIL is a huge pain in the ass...She is a real witch to me.....I changed to digital because of her. I wanted her to have a glimpses of my guys personality. So, I would send out scrapbook pages to her (paper). She would not acknowledge them. So I started sending digital pages......That way I have the pages to use later. I now have a ton of pages that I can use for the boys books.

So my answer is yes, scrap for her but do something you like and use the pages for yourself.....................
Old 07-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze

I would because my mother in law would do the same for me. I know it would take some time, but I know she would love it in the end.

like they said tho, it just depends on your relationship with her if you feel its something you would want to do.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, see... I do make her tons of pages and books... but now... she wants to, erm... "direct" one? Like she wants to have the say on what's in it and whatnot. Every page I make of the boys, she gets a copy of and she prints them up at Costco and puts them in the sleeve book I got her for Christmas. And whenever I print up a book at Shutterfly, she automatically gets the 8x8 version of it... and whenever we go visit, she gets updated badge albums that she likes to carry in her purse.

But she wants me to scrap their family and my dh isn't really close to his mom's side of the family... well anything outside his parents and brothers, he's not close to them at all.

This.. just sounds... time consuming and exhausting, I'm hoping to beg off or at least make her wait until Sept or so.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Honestly, I would eventually do it...but I would probably regret it. I have considered S4H, but I might be too much of a control freak to do it!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I'd do it. If it isn't something I'd keep for myself, I might use a bunch of qps, but I'd put something together for her.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Brynn, you are a GOOD daughter in law! Any chance you could help her learn to make her own pages?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap enough for myself, let alone someone else. But I'd say there are lots of great great quickpages that might help! Or like Kellie said, teach her!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Cato View Post
Yep, I'd do it. If it isn't something I'd keep for myself, I might use a bunch of qps, but I'd put something together for her.
I would probably do this too! My MIL has never shown an interest in the pages but my mom has so I have her coming up this weekend and she is picking out LOs to be put into a book for her. But MIL is a little spacey.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd do it, but using QPs. It's a really nice thing to do, and it says something that she's excited enough about what you're creating that she wants her own scrapbook. But scrapping is supposed to be my time, the way I relax in the evening. I wouldn't want to use that time for projects that aren't meaningful to me and might be stressful. The only way I could see doing it was if I could get it all done in a couple of days. (And at the speed I scrap, that would have to be QPs!) I wonder if she'd be open to the idea of doing it herself. Even without learning any software, she could probably do it pretty easily using the albums on Shutterfly.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't, but only because my MIL is a total witch. If it was for my mom I would do it, but for my MIL no way. Now if you have a good relationship with her and would like the pages too, then I'd say go for it. That or do the quick pages

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hmmm... maybe I'll show her how to do the shutterfly books...
Old 07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, quickpages would be the way I would go. I made a book for my mom, but she reimbursed me for the money it cost.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Bryn View Post
hmmm... maybe I'll show her how to do the shutterfly books...
That sounds like the way to go. And, if you have pages that she may want that also apply to your kids, you can up load them and she can add them to her book. I have a share site at Shutterfly and they can make their own things on their acounts using the stuff posted on that share site. Good luck.