Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you charge?

I know a lot of you ladies do wedding invitations and birthday invitations etc. How do you come up with a fee? I am getting bombarded with people asking me to do their wedding and birthday cards, in the last month I have done 5 graduation invitations, 4 weddings, 2 birth announcements and a few birthdays and 3 senior pages. I am having trouble with the pricing. I was thinking of charging a flat rate creative fee or my printing company said they would work with me and charge whatever I wanted over what they are charging the person. Say they charge me .50 cent for a 5X15 tri-fold card what would you charge the customer? I am getting great rates on printing, WHCC is charging like $40 for 25. I can get printed on shiny cardstock, matte and linen for the same price. What are you doing if you dont mind sharing. Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

From what I've seen "out there"... most scrap for other designers are charging anywhere between $3-$5 per card.... some price break for bulk orders. You could check esty to see what others are charging.

If you are interesting in doing this as a business, I recommend joining the Yahoo group for Scrap4Others...
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Do you have a link to that group, I cant seem to find it with the search. thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 06:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sure... here you go... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scrapping4Others/

I used to design traditional scrapbooking albums for sale (business on hold right now)... this group as a ton of good information from checklists for new business to pricing questions (can be quite a heated discussion)... LOL!