Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: Inspiration

My question of the day is.....where do you find scrappy inspiration?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My inspiration honestly comes from the kit I’m going to use, 90% of the time I see the kit and know immediately what I’m going to do with it. If a kit isn’t speaking to me I often look to user galleries for inspiration.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aside from the obvious.....the gallery.....I love to browse through pinterest and get inspiration not only from the layouts but also look at sketches, painting, collages, art journaling and quotes.

I love combining paint/brushwork/overlays etc with clustering and can spend hours scrolling thru pinterest for ideas. It's my happy place while I watch TV at night, as I sit in my chair with no iPad.

Instagram is another one that I browse thru every single day (multiple times).

Magazines/posters/billboards too sometimes give me inspiration whether it be color, design or text.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My inspiration usually comes from my photos or from challenge prompts. Sometimes I get a vision in my head immediately and I know right away what I want my page to look like, other times I need to seek out more inspiration to put all of the pieces together. I love to browse Pinterest and recently Instagram when I'm stuck. But, I like to search outside the box too, looking at advertisements, paper crafts, bullet journal layouts - and of course scrapbook layouts as well.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like Karli-Marie, my inspiration mostly comes from my own photos! I love to look back through them and find a hidden gem I forgot about!

I also enjoy looking through galleries and pinterest for different ideas! Scraplifting is a very good friend! I have a digiscrapping scraplift board that I love to add layouts into! I also use the favorite tool in galleries too!

My issue, is not looking through those favorites as often as I would like! I need to challenge myself to scraplift a favorite layout at least once a month! I love that our Passport challenges have scraplift prompts, but I need to do it more!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm using challenges as inspiration right now. I have so many photos I can scrapbook, it gets a little overwhelming. Focusing on a challenge makes it easier for me to get a page done.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have 30+ scrappers or kit clubs that I'm subscribed to on YT. When I'm scrapping, I'm usually listening to them and will flip back and forth between tabs if I hear something interesting that I want to see.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is my list, in order of how important they are: my photos, the kits and templates I have available to work with, challenges, and layouts posted on Instagram.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
My inspiration honestly comes from the kit I’m going to use, 90% of the time I see the kit and know immediately what I’m going to do with it. If a kit isn’t speaking to me I often look to user galleries for inspiration.
This is me too. The products themselves are so inspiring, and it's always a fun challenge coming up with the perfect kit to go with a certain kit or collection. I've also been looking at a lot of paper layouts on Pinterest these days for inspo.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Karli-Marie - I used to be a paper scrapper years ago and still have some of my magazines so will look thru those occasionally. I have kept many card making mags as I still create paper and hybrid cards.

Dawn - looking back at photos...that reminds me that I have a few bins of photos from my mom that I want to scan and start scrapping with.

Mandy - yes....the challenges are really good for getting us to stretch our imaginations while giving us direction. I am so in love with the new challenge system.

LeeAndra - kit clubs? Do you paper scrap? Years ago I belonged to many monthly kit clubs.

Rachel - thx to SSD I am starting to love using templates. I definitely see their appeal both in design and time saving.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Pinterest mostly, but I pin more than just scrapbook layouts. I love to get inspiration from brochures, magazine layouts, book covers, etc.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

In the gallery!! The gallery is my FAVORITE place to be! There's so much inspiration and goodies in there, from composition all the way to shadowing!