Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Looking at old layouts

i just got done browsing my gallery. it's neat to see how my scrapping has evolved. from the first few scary layouts, to really finding my style and scrapping like crazy with tons of comments, to now; not scrapping nearly as much and not feeling as confident as i used to. hmmm...i still like to scrap, i just don't do it as often. and it seems to take me longer to do a page now lol.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I think I've gone through almost the exact same evolution. My early pages are downright SCARY. Once I found my style, I was pumping them out left and right. I've slowed down a bit now. My pages take me quite a while to finish, even when I use a template. I still love doing it, and I still get several layouts done every week, so I'm happy with where I'm at right now . . . except when my mojo goes on vacation.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Everytime I get out of the habit of scrapping a lot, it takes me a while to get back into it, and my los always take looooong until I get it again I was just going through my old los, getting all my jpgs back on the computer so I can print soon (several hundred of them I've only ever printed about 100 of my los and it's way past time to do it) Looking at my 2008 los, I think I'd like to redo some of them!! All my shadows are super tiny and the same size... It's quite scary! I know I am for sure going to redo some.

I always loved your style Corey!! I've missed seeing your los all the time... and it probably doesn't help that I haven't been to the gallery much in the last couple weeks, I've been too busy to do as much browsing around - and I've not been into the challenges this month as I want to either
Old 03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So funny. When I look at my old pages, I just fight the urge to redo them. They really make me batty. Then I look at the last couple of years and see me going crazy with clustering and layers. Which was my style to cover as much as the page as possible. LOL Now I am finding that I still love to cluster and layer but not as much as I was doing......not really simple LO's but not clustery either. I don't know where I am going with my scrapping but I like it. Always evolving.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today I sat down with 2 of my kids and looked through their baby albums with them. I started digiscrapping in 2004, and these albums were from 2006 and 2009. And you know what? I hardly noticed the style or older supplies or shadow shortcomings. Sure, lots of the layouts had them. But because I was looking through them with my kids, I was focused on the memories and not the scrap side of things. It was a good reminder that the perfectionist tendencies that make my pages take FOREVER aren't as important as I think they are. My style is constantly evolving, but one thing that has been consistent throughout my scrapping years is to journal a lot and use larger photos.

I've never been a fast scrapper-I average 2-3 layouts a week. I think I'm in a 2/week phase right now, and I'd like to get back to 3/week. But yeah, I'm never going to be a fast scrapper. And I agree that any time I take a scrapping break, it takes a lot longer to finish the first few LOs.

Last edited by rach3975; 03-27-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

oh the memories are way more important. it was fun looking at the kids when they were younger!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I completely feel the same Corey. I actually talk about this exact thing in an interview I did for a feature I have coming next month.

I used to "try" so hard on my to create pages that I thought others might think was cool or pretty whereas now, I just scrap away and I love how my style has evolved. I have allowed myself to finally have creative freedom and if it works for me, then I am happy with it.

My speed hasn't changed much over the last several years though. Layouts still take me at least 2 hours or more to do. I go through phases where I will create 6 a week and then sometimes maybe 1. Just depends on how creative I am feeling and if I need to design templates. LOL

Creating for: Krystal Hartley