Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default How are you sorting your files?

Regarding the Mystery Collab that was FWP earlier this week:

Brook had mentioned that each of the designers would put the individual portions in to their store. I've seen a few of these hit the store this weekend so it got me wondering what's the best way to store the files? By individual designer, in their own folder or by a whole in a store collab?

Right now, I just have it sitting in my download folder because I'm not sure what's the best way to store the files or what everyone else is doing/has done with their download links.

Old 11-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I stored mine in one folder so I can see it all when I open up the collab.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a folder just for SSD Collabs (the big ones that everyone is a part of) that I put each kit into. I typically then create a folder within the Kit folder for different catagories -- all elements, all papers, all cards etc. I can't be bothered to go through everyones folder if I want to use the kit, I like everything to be in one place. Templates are the only exception.... I always put templates in my templates folder by designer just because I tend to use templates with any kit.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a big SSD Collab folder that all the store things go into. I don't tend to keep specific designer's stuff in separate folders- Like Jenn, I like to see everything. Plus with the way they are named- it's fairly easy to see who's who. Often times I'll add a shortcut to the collab if it's a specific them (birthday for example- the shortcut will go in my 'birthday themed' supplies folder!)
Old 11-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I'm exclusive to SSD. And since I'm a babe I tend to sort my files into my 2019 folder, then weekly release so "11-9", then each kit is in it's own folder with its name. I need a better system though for kits I havent used yet lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2019, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I combine all the elements into one folder, and all the papers into another, and save it as an SSD kit. Would drive me crazy clicking through the dozens of folders to find the right element when I know I'm going to use a mix of designers anyway.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I stored mine in one folder so I can see it all when I open up the collab.
This is what I was leaning towards, but the designers releasing their individual portions is messing my system up because I'm not sure which is the best way to sort that mystery collab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I have a folder just for SSD Collabs (the big ones that everyone is a part of) that I put each kit into. I typically then create a folder within the Kit folder for different catagories -- all elements, all papers, all cards etc. I can't be bothered to go through everyones folder if I want to use the kit, I like everything to be in one place. Templates are the only exception.... I always put templates in my templates folder by designer just because I tend to use templates with any kit.
Normally that's what I do for normal store collabs. But with the mystery collab, I wasn't sure what was the best option. Templates, yes! If they are in their individual designer folder, I'll use them. Chances are I'll forget all about them if stored with the collab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I have a big SSD Collab folder that all the store things go into. I don't tend to keep specific designer's stuff in separate folders- Like Jenn, I like to see everything. Plus with the way they are named- it's fairly easy to see who's who. Often times I'll add a shortcut to the collab if it's a specific them (birthday for example- the shortcut will go in my 'birthday themed' supplies folder!)
This is what I normally do with the normal collabs, so I hear you. This is what I was thinking about doing too for the mystery collab--until I saw them being released individually this weekend.

Where do you store a shortcut? On your desktop? That's interesting.

Question for admin--
If we use the Mystery Collab and credit it as the mystery collab, should we use a designer's portion that's no longer in the store, it still will be able to be used towards challenges and what not, because the rest of the designers in the collab are current, right?

I think that's where I'm getting caught in the hold-up. If the designers are releasing their portion individually, can we still use the mystery collab credited in the gallery for it to count for challenges.

If it counts, then I'll just store it the way that I normally store them--as a whole collab. If we have to credit each product (that's in the store), I'll store it individually by designer.

-----------------------------

I also apologize. When I'm sick, I ALWAYS overthink everything.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I store my kits by theme, no matter the designer. So this one went into the "Life" folder. I unzipped all the designers' portions into ONE big folder and made another folder inside of it for all the papers (easier than navigating back and forth between all the names).
Old 11-09-2019, 10:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Just consider it a single store collab Wendy. We're not going to go through and try to identify which element came from which designer on the layouts.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:24 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Question for admin--
If we use the Mystery Collab and credit it as the mystery collab, should we use a designer's portion that's no longer in the store, it still will be able to be used towards challenges and what not, because the rest of the designers in the collab are current, right?

I think that's where I'm getting caught in the hold-up. If the designers are releasing their portion individually, can we still use the mystery collab credited in the gallery for it to count for challenges.

If it counts, then I'll just store it the way that I normally store them--as a whole collab. If we have to credit each product (that's in the store), I'll store it individually by designer.
Just like Jacinda said, you can credit it as a full SSD collab if you prefer that way, however, it is also okay to credit it individually, depending on what you use. Either way it's fine.

For me, I put all those individual folders into one folder. I like mine neat and have proper preview for each folder, so, since there is no preview that includes everything, I store them by each designer, just like how they are packaged & sold in the shoppe right now.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Just consider it a single store collab Wendy. We're not going to go through and try to identify which element came from which designer on the layouts.
I like that answer!! I think I was really worried about it being sold individually, not being able to credit as a store collab (you know?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Just like Jacinda said, you can credit it as a full SSD collab if you prefer that way, however, it is also okay to credit it individually, depending on what you use. Either way it's fine.

For me, I put all those individual folders into one folder. I like mine neat and have proper preview for each folder, so, since there is no preview that includes everything, I store them by each designer, just like how they are packaged & sold in the shoppe right now.
I like that answer!!
I really hate when I'm sick because I always second guess everything. It's like my head cant think clearly and I have these debating conversations about if this is the right way or not, and then I talk myself out of it.

Tomorrow I'll go through and put them all together so I can scrap it as a whole cohesive kit, instead of going through each designer's folder to find their portion, which can and will get tedious.

Thank you guys for helping me figure out what the best way to store this mystery collab!! I so appreciate it and probably so does my sanity!

Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wendy...love that you used a gif with Noah Trevor...I adore him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2019, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have mine as a SSD collab too.

Old 11-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also store mine as a collab. I know I will never find the individual kits that work so well together if I separate them!
Old 11-10-2019, 07:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I store collabs (or color-coordinated mini-kits) altogether.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have an SSD Collabs folder and each collab has a folder. I separate it with papers, elements, alphas, cards.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used to have my kits stored in one GIANT folder.... then I realized sorting through over 950 kits took too much time.

So a few months ago I re-organized my Scrap Kit folder. Each store has a collab folder, each designer has a folder (with store initials too). If I buy a kit that is from 2 designers, I do put that kit into both designers folder.

Inside each kit folder, the alphas stay in their own folder, as do templates. But the rest is all there for me to easily see and drop n drag right onto my layouts.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 11-11-2019, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
This

Old 11-12-2019, 01:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just sort by elements, papers, jc, templates and then I always keep the previews in a folder I named credits. All in one folder I named SSD_2019MysteryBag
Old 11-12-2019, 01:24 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I just sort by elements, papers, jc, templates and then I always keep the previews in a folder I named credits. All in one folder I named SSD_2019MysteryBag
This is what I ended up doing today!
It was a lot of fun going through and seeing what was in there! Such a beautiful mystery collab! They did an amazing job with the challenge!
Old 11-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't get the most recent mystery collab (man, I came back to this way too late clearly) but in the past if collabs were released as separate kits too, I'd put it all in my SSD collab folder, but copy the preview into the designer folder, so then I'd know to go look there if I wanted it.

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
I didn't get the most recent mystery collab (man, I came back to this way too late clearly) but in the past if collabs were released as separate kits too, I'd put it all in my SSD collab folder, but copy the preview into the designer folder, so then I'd know to go look there if I wanted it.
Don't quote me, but the one thing that I know and LOVE about Sweet Shoppe is that they often have come-back sales where we are able to pick up collabs and what not along the way that we might have missed. I'm hoping that this is one of those included in that sale, whenever that might be (maybe Black Friday???)
Old 11-12-2019, 08:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So I'm back....I actually decided to separate them since they'll be in the shop.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
So I'm back....I actually decided to separate them since they'll be in the shop.
you are killing me, Kiana!
Old 11-13-2019, 07:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
you are killing me, Kiana!
ROFL I'm not trying to....but I figured I could still find them all with search just using Daily Dose if I want to mix and match.