Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default Weight Watchers Weigh-In Nov 2012

Hey girls!

Sorry I've slacked on starting this thread! I meant to do it the other day, and then I got sidetracked with DSD. Go figure. LOL

I thought we'd make this a monthly thread for now (you can still post weekly updates) since things are hectic with the holidays. Does that work for everyone?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

OK, so I'm holding steady. I had company last week, and let's just say my sister brought me a HUGE container of homemade sugar cookie dough. Which I managed to eat over the course of the week. I didn't weigh this week because of my period, but I've been making better choices these last several days. I'd love to hit the 15 lb mark before Thanksgiving (I'm at 13 now).

How's everyone else doing?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That is awesome!! I am shocked I lost this week. Haven't been following jack, but am down 3.6 lbs putting me just 3.4 lbs away from my original total loss. Hoping and praying to kick some major booty this week on the weight loss.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Let's do it together, Mel!! I'll hold you accountable if you do the same for me!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That works for me. I have 1 month till my cruise and would like to be down 1 more size by then.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

You can do it!!! This time of year is so hard because, I'll admit, I like to EAT. I like cookies and baked goods and yummy treats, and there are always PLENTY of those options during the holidays.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I was hoping for another loss this week but stayed steady, however stayed on track with exercising and didn't touch the Halloween candy which is a big deal!

P.S. homemade cookie dough?! Sigh.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Monthly is a great idea!

I am doing very well. Walked my furthest distance on Thursday with 8km (5.2 miles) and weighed in today with a loss of 2.4lbs since the last weigh-in 2 weeks ago so I'm down 16.6lbs total! Still not feeling like I've lost a lot through my clothes and even my measurements, but the scale is going down so either I'm losing weight or the scale is breaking. LOL

My ILs just got back from a 6 week trip to the States and what do they bring me home? A bunch of chocolate bars we can't get here. I'll just have to eat them very slowly. LOL Love those 100 Grand & PayDays!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Well I was down 0.2 on Friday.

Tomorrow I AM GOING TO RUN! I have to get back into the exercise...I know I say it every week, but I have to keep telling myself so that it will sink in one day. LOL!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I'm trying to lose a little fluff I've picked back up lately. I lost on WW a couple years ago so getting back on the wagon...started back up last Wednesday and am not weighing in until this coming Wed so we'll see. So far I've stuck to my points with the exception of today I used 3 weekly points..sigh I needed some chocolate lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Man, I feel ya on the chocolate need, Meg! I splurged and had a fun-size Hershey bar today. My family thanked me for it. LOL

Tracy, I say the same thing all the time. Like you, I keep thinking the more I say it, eventually I'm gonna believe it and make it happen.

Jennifer - YUM! I could make myself sick on Paydays.

Lindsay! Good for you on not touching the halloween candy. I did pretty good - a couple of fun size bars and a fun size skittles. But then when you think that my baby is only 8 months old and that was about 1/3 of the candy that we got (from neighbors who wanted to see her in costume. LOL) I guess I wasn't quite as restrained as I should've been.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I weighed in this morning and was back up the 1.5 lbs. that I was down last week. Nice. That's probably pretty good since I haven't been able to stay out of the Halloween candy. I've still been sticking pretty close with meals but haven't been controlling my snacking like I need to and I still haven't started exercising other than a bike ride with the kids here and there. This is the week, right?

Awesome job to all of you with losses this week! Way to go!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've decided that I HAVE to get in gear. I am so angry at myself right now. I got on the scale this morning and I've gained back a total of 25 lbs since summer 2011 (when I was just 5 lbs from my goal!) None of my pants fit right now and I'm just uncomfortable with myself...literally and emotionally. I know it's a really hard time of year to try to lose, but I figure if I at least don't gain through the holidays, I'll be doing good. So, I'm starting tomorrow & going to a WW meeting. Sigh...how did I get here AGAIN???
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Well - lots of ups and downs here, huh? Sounds familiar. I haven't checked in here for a few weeks, but I'm doing fine. We had my grandma's funeral a few weeks ago. Geez! Don't hang out with my brother after things like that - he passes around a lot of dang good food! I tried to be moderate, but it was HARD. Then, we had Halloween and my son's baptism this last week . . . more candy and food. Ugh! Overall, I've still lost weight, but this last week was another break-even week. And, this coming weekend, I'm going to Park City with a bunch of gals for a little digi retreat. I'm sure it will be fun, but I'm also sure that it will be hard to keep within my points.

ANYWAY, over all, I'm down 56.6 lbs since I started in the middle of April. Everyone has noticed and I get lots of comments about it lately. Feels good. My big huge final goal is 15 lbs away. I'm not sure I'll get there by the end of the year, but that's what I'd like to do. We'll see.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Lydia, you are such an inspiration! I can't believe you've lost so much so quickly! I feel like I'm just barely keeping my head above water. I started back in August, I think, and I'm only down 13. I know what you mean about the out of the ordinary events though. I ate SO much the week of my grandma's funeral. I'm a stress eater, and there was LOTS of food. So, I didn't even try to be good.

Laura, I totally understand! I reached my goal once several years ago and swore I'd never gain it back. Then I gained all that back plus a lot more... I was so disgusted with myself. I started losing it again 2 years ago ... and wound up pregnant! LOL Now, I'm determined to take it off once and for all.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

down 3.4 lbs today so that's a positive start..10% of what I want to lose

Congrats on the losses girls and wow Lydia..totally awesome!!

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Yay Meg! That's awesome!!

We went out to eat last night for our anniversary, and let's just say... it was NOT a diet night. We even ordered dessert - something we NEVER do. But it was an amazing night and totally worth it. (Someone remind me of that come Friday when I weigh-in, ok?)
Old 11-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

well I worked out every day last week too and it's been raining this week so I've missed 2 days..I don't expect that good number every week lol

it's ok to splurge every once in awhile I'm totally taking Thanksgiving day off the diet....but trying really hard to be good until then.

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Weighed in this morning and I am exactly the same as last week. I guess the running balanced out the mini Twix bars.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Doing ok so far this week. Hoping to see a loss on Tuesday when I go to my meeting.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Weighed in yesterday with a loss of 1.4lbs for a total of 18lbs so far!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Good job Jennifer!!!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM

profile gallery send pm

Good job Jennifer!!

I gained 0.8 this week. I'm sure it's because of Sean's baptism a week ago and then the fact that I spent this last weekend snowed in in Park City with some super fun Digi girls. We had good food all weekend, and I gave myself permission to enjoy it. I'm back on the wagon today, and hoping for a loss after this week.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Still hovering right where I've been for weeks now. I keep telling myself to just be thankful I haven't gained...
Old 11-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the same boat, Heather. I gain and lose the same 1/2 pound of so and have for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I know it's a result of too many bad choices on my part, but like you said, I'm just thankful I haven't gained anything significant .
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Weigh in was today and I only lost .6lbs, BUT I finally entered One-derland! I started at 218 and am now at 199.4 Next stop -20lbs, hopefully next week but I think AF/TOM is due then so maybe not.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM

profile gallery send pm

Wahoo for One-derland, Jennifer!! That's an exciting milestone!

I weigh in tomorrow morning - hoping for a loss, since I've been stagnant for the last few weeks.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have been slacking so bad that it's actually depressing...I'm afraid to get on the scale because I know I've gained way too much weight...I finally go a new iphone so I decided to start back on program today...yes Thanksgiving week I decide to get back on program...I figured if I don't start back now I will gain even more weight over the holidays...

Congrats Jennifer on entering "one"derland
Old 11-19-2012, 01:40 PM

profile gallery send pm

You are very brave Rachelle. Lol. Good luck getting back on track! You can do it!!

I'm scared of this week. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and there is just too much good food around. Plus, we'll probably going to end up doing two Thanksgivings. Whew!!

I got on the scale this morning and had lost 1.6 pounds. So, that's the pound I gained over the last two weeks plus a little bit more. I'm still a little frustrated with myself for gaining at all and getting behind in what I wanted to accomplish by the end of the year. But, I'm just going to keep moving forward and do the best I can.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awesome loss Lydia!

Rachelle, I actually didn't go over my calories on Thanksgiving so it can be done! Especially if you work out in the morning to gain some extra calories to eat.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I forgot to come here last week and record my 1st (since I restarted) weigh-in. I was down 4.4 lbs...yay! I weigh in again tomorrow and I know it won't be as good because we did Mexican Food saturday night and pizza & movie theatre popcorn yesterday. Hopefully I'll still have a bit of a loss though. This week is going to be difficult. I'm going to try to get some extra cardio in and eat REALLY well every day BUT Thanksgiving. lol

YAY Jennifer! One-derland feels so good! Great loss, Lydia!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So, I weighed in again yesterday and I was down 2.2 lbs for a total of 6.6 lbs in two weeks! Of course, I probably gained back a million lbs after Thanksgiving. lol Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My weigh-in day isn't until Sunday, but I weighed myself today and lost 1.6lbs for a total of 20.2lbs! Still have at least 50lbs to go, but losing 20 feels great! Next goal is to lose 10% of my weight which will be at -21.8lbs lost.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well last week I gained 3.2 lbs back...ugh! I didn't even post at the time because I was just disgusted with myself.

Today I weighed in and I'm back down 1.2. I'm really trying to just maintain under a certain number until after the holidays and then gear back up for losing. If I can get a hold of it this week and lose 0.4. I will hit that number again.

We'll be camping all weekend so I'm not sure how healthy all the food is going to be (we're not bringing it), but maybe I can walk in the woods or something.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

I think we have to give ourselves credit for anything we are able to accomplish over the holidays. I'm in the same boat as many of you with the yo-yo thing. I've been sort of half-heartedly working on losing weight for the past couple of months, and it's not enough for me. I've actually gained weight during that time! After having lost 80 pounds a few years ago, I've gained back 55 of them. It sucks. Today I started using my LoseIt! app on my phone for the first time in months and have been very consistent at the gym so far this week. I also have a goal to become a spinning instructor, and there is a training not far from me in 3 months. I plan on being there, and being at least 25 pounds lighter at that time. I know it's a lot to lose in that amount of time, but I am going to go for it!

There truly is nothing that tastes as good as the feeling you get from knowing you are taking good care of yourself. It feels AWESOME.... and I want to feel that way again!