Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-16-2015, 06:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have 2 - This one ^^^^^^ is where we moved when we came back to Maine. Cheyanne was raised here until she started 7th grade. It is a gorgeous place to live but once she started Jr. High I wanted her to have a bigger school system (this town's school is K-12 and only has about 200 students TOTAL!) She wanted more opportunities for academics and activities so we moved to the "big" city (about 30,000 population) and rented a place for 1.5 years and then once she picked her high school we bought the place below in a really nice park about 1 mile from her high school exactly a year ago. (My parents and my sister also live in the park, so family is close by). It was affordable and works perfectly for us with 2 big bedrooms, 2 full baths and a living room and kitchen in between (we each have one end of the house to ourselves basically - LOL) There's also a large garage for storage, etc. Once she starts college it will be easy to re-sell or if she goes to one of the universities locally she can get a roommate and live here during college. We go to the first house as often as we can during the school year (school breaks and even weekends - we like to ski there in the winter and hike/do lake stuff in the summer), and we spend the summers there of course. I can't wait to move back there permanently after she's done with high school - 3 more years!

Old 05-16-2015, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post

We have 2 - This one ^^^^^^ is where we moved when we came back to Maine. Cheyanne was raised here until she started 7th grade. It is a gorgeous place to live but once she started Jr. High I wanted her to have a bigger school system (this town's school is K-12 and only has about 200 students TOTAL!) She wanted more opportunities for academics and activities so we moved to the "big" city (about 30,000 population) and rented a place for 1.5 years and then once she picked her high school we bought the place below in a really nice park about 1 mile from her high school exactly a year ago. (My parents and my sister also live in the park, so family is close by). It was affordable and works perfectly for us with 2 big bedrooms, 2 full baths and a living room and kitchen in between (we each have one end of the house to ourselves basically - LOL) There's also a large garage for storage, etc. Once she starts college it will be easy to re-sell or if she goes to one of the universities locally she can get a roommate and live here during college. We go to the first house as often as we can during the school year (school breaks and even weekends - we like to ski there in the winter and hike/do lake stuff in the summer), and we spend the summers there of course. I can't wait to move back there permanently after she's done with high school - 3 more years!

Marie we have a weekend lake home too .... Love it, I'd like to sell both and buy something permenant on the water.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sara- I want your exact kitchen! So pretty!

We have 4000 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 2 huge living areas. It was built in 1970 so it's a work in progress. We are going to redo all the floors this summer and get rid of all the carpet and have wood tile throughout. Oh and I have a huge backyard. Like twelve acres. Haha.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

A little over two years ago, I bought my first house. I still love it. It's much nicer than I thought I could buy. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms and a bonus room. We are slowly putting our finishing touches in the place, but really nothing needed to be done that I didn't do as soon as I bought it. We will stay here a long time. I love our neighborhood, the only bad thing is that it way out on the very edge of the metro area. Seems to take forever to get anywhere.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE seing houses and I love your houses sooo much!!
They are so different from most of the houses from here!
I don't have any picture from mine but it's super small compared to yours (all of yours!) And I prefer the inside of it
I really want to move to a better place someday... a small city in a house with more outside space for my 3 dogs!
Love this thread!
Old 05-17-2015, 04:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My house is a terrace-linked house...dad bought two houses coz our family is HUGE. There are 4 bedrooms in each house, but we turned some areas downstairs into rooms too, so we have 10 rooms total.

If it's up to me, I'd repaint the house and make it look like the houses in those Pinterest boards. But of course, the house isn't mine so I just have to keep dreaming. We're in the middle of decluttering so I've been trying to redecorate some vacant guest rooms into beautiful spaces.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
Marie we have a weekend lake home too .... Love it, I'd like to sell both and buy something permenant on the water.
I love living by the water - it brings me peace We lived here year round for 8 years and would have stayed there yearound but for the schooling. I figured a sacrifice of 6 years was worth it for Cheyanne's education but I'll tell you, I'm so not a city girl!
Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

This is our house, but if all goes well with the closing only until June 12th. We've lived here for almost 9 years now. 3500 sq. ft. living, 4 bedroom+den, 3 bath We live on a lake on a little over an acre.

When we move we're going to rent while we build another house. We're downsizing and rebuilding our current house, but only the bottom floor with a few changes and adding a pool. So then it will be a 3 bedroom, 2 bath about 2200 sq. ft. living.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

This is our little home. I her.

We bought it as a "starter home" when Darik and I got engaged but we've decided that there's really no other place we'd like to move to (in Illinois, anyway). We've got 2 bedrooms downstairs and 1 bath. The upstairs is one big room and that's what the girls use as their room. We also have a full basement, but it's not finished. We keep our stand up freezer down there and washer/dryer...plus storage.

Our yard is what I love most about our house.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

My house is a complete mess! But I'm not giving up on it. I have always dreamed of making my home a relaxing place to live in. This is the reason why I've been in front of the computer for a number of days now. I've been searching for tips and ideas in the internet on how I can make my house a better place to live in. Still in search of the perfect design though. I hope you have something great in mind. Help me out, please.