Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-31-2021, 10:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default How many trick or treaters did you get?

We had a good number! The weather is nice (for here) - barely freezing (-1'C) and no snow ... we had 123 kids through and shut it down at 8. We just moved here in July, but only 9 houses over from our old one, our highest there was 90ish, so we did good!

Old 11-01-2021, 02:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure, we probably had 60-80??
We live on base & the rule was that trick or treat was a go, but anyone who wanted to pass out candy had to sit outside and not let kids put their hands in candy bowls & no ringing doorbells.
Since my husband was on safety patrol duty & we could not put bowls out for kids to grab their own, my kids and I passed out candy for the first 30 minutes & last 30 minutes of trick or treat, and when we went out for an hour, we set 35 little piles of candy in the driveway & a sign that said "out trick or treating, take a pile of candy" LOL. When we came back, there were 9 piles left & I'd say we probably passed out to about 40 or 50 kids before & after we went out.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

For the 15th year in a row, I had none.
Old 11-01-2021, 08:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

None. lol. We didn't pass out candy because our dog gets so excited and she just got spayed on Friday so we wanted to let her remain calm and rest.

Old 11-01-2021, 08:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I didn't buy any candy this year as last year I had a total of 6 kids.

It was cold and yucky out last night, started to rain about 7:30 and I didn't even see any kids out and about in my neighbourhood. My friend lives in a big subdivision and said she got about 400.
Old 11-01-2021, 09:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We probably got maybe 5-6 groups of kids. We had our lights on for 2+ hours. The weather was delightful - not very cold, but I feel like we don't have as many kids in our neighborhood as we used to. My husband was giving away 2 pieces each at the end because we don't need it LOL
Old 11-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have none in our dead end road but we don't stay home either. We go out with a large group of kids/parents and walk the neighborhood for a couple of hours. We had a group of about 14 or 15 kids. A little crazy when they all rush to a door or driveway. We had fun, met some new neighbors (one serving treats for the adults...a small drink was perfect in the middle of walking). Our other neighbor had a table set up on our street serving hotdogs, chips and beer for the adults. It was so fun. Our little neighborhood is gated and even though folks come from outside...it still feels homey and safe. We know a lot of neighbors...the principal of the elementary school was handing out slime...others had invited grandparents to hand out candy while the kids walked. Love hanging out with our hood! Our group of 14 kids, 10 live on this street and play together everyday so we are always outside hanging out. Weather was amazing too...low 80s...
Old 11-01-2021, 10:22 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Trick or treat in my town is always the last Thursday in October no matter what day of the week the 31st is. I haven't handed out candy for years, probably more than 30. I also live in a neighborhood with no street lights and no sidewalks. For many years, it had very few kids but that is changing as the older residents are leaving for one reason or another. The kids that are here now pretty much stay on their street instead of going through the whole subdivision (well over 200 houses).

Thursday night the rain started about half way through the time period and the few neighbors I know on FB said they quit at that time.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We had about 25-30 total last night and that's the average the last few years. We used to have 70-80 kids when our kids were little.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 11-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We only had about 5 at our house last night! It's been getting less and less in our neighborhood the last few years. Two years ago one family was so excited to see my girls, they drove after us in their car and gave us ALL their leftover candy (it was a LOT!) We didn't buy a lot of candy anyways, so it was fine. We had enough for those who came.

However, we did Trunk or Treat at our Church on Sat night, and we had around 900 PEOPLE (including parents, grandparents, etc) come through! That was incredible!!!
Old 11-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Normally we have a good 100+ kids. This year, we are lucky if we got 40. I have a ton of leftover candy. I have no idea why so few, but it was sad.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am so excited to say that for the first year NONE bah humbug, I'm over it lol. I am really starting to like apartment living lol
Old 11-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Probably none. I set out a bowl before we headed out as a family. We live in a cul-de-sac and there are two gated communities right in the cul-de-sac so nobody comes our way.

The highlight of the night, a lady dressed in a wine box and she actually had sangria in it with a pouring spout and we could serve ourselves from her box. It was so clever and really an exquisite treat!
Old 11-01-2021, 01:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
The highlight of the night, a lady dressed in a wine box and she actually had sangria in it with a pouring spout and we could serve ourselves from her box. It was so clever and really an exquisite treat!
This is totally my next costume!! How fun!

As for us, we're out in the country, so no trick or treaters here. We go every year to our friend's house, as they live in a fun neighbourhood that really gets into the spirit. We set up in the driveway with a propane fire and some drinks, and hand out the treat bags that my friend makes up, and Rich takes Sarah around. I believe this year my friend made up 150 treat baggies, and there were maybe 20 or so left over. Definitely fewer kids than last year, which surprised me. I figured that they'd be out in full force again this year.
Old 11-01-2021, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Probably 125-150 kids. We sat out in the driveway and handed out candy - it was a gorgeous evening - while watching the start of the Cowboys game on a laptop. I can't tell you how many of the adults asked "How are we doing?" as the night went on. Texas, where 9 x out of 10, "we" means The Cowboys. The timing was perfect - we ran out of candy around halftime, moved inside, and finished the game on the big screen.

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 11-01-2021, 02:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we live on a street where not as many kids frequent so probably around 20 or so.. some streets get 200+

something funny that happened (although some people were MAD) was some of the kids traded the bowls from homes... lol. We live in a SUPER small town (2500 or so) so most people know everyone here. Anyways a group of kids must have taken a bowl and swapped it with someone elses so this morning on our towns fb group there was a "show me your bowl" type post.. haha. I laughed.. lol kids need to have some fun and this was pretty harmlesss
Old 11-01-2021, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kiddos went trick-or-treating with friends so I put a bowl out & hubby & I hid in the basement & watched netflix! lol!

Once the kids got home we did have one group of 3 kiddos who walked past the bowl & rang the door bell. The dogs LOVE greeting kiddos and the little girl told me "our doggy is 13 years old & almost dead!" WOW!!

Today I'm eating all the almond joys!! The kids bag up what they don't want (they get to keep a small ziploc of their faves) and then we sell it $1/lb to one of our local dentists. I think they donate it somewhere.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:34 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Only about 20. The city had a HUGE event the day before so I'm guessing that's why!! Now what to do with all this left over candy....hahaha!
Old 11-01-2021, 03:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think this is the first of the many years that we will never be getting Trick or Treaters and we were all just sad at home. So we decided that we will do Trunk or Treat next year because we just love giving out candies to kids and the youngs at heart. My daughter is in 6th grade now and I don't know if middle schoolers still want to get lootbags or not so we didn't give out any. I miss my daughter being in grade school, hehe.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We had about 100. Pre covid we would get about 175. Last year we got like 7-8 kids so things are looking up!
Old 11-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made 100 bags and they went in less than 2 hours. We live in an area where it's dark with no street lights or sidewalks so parents drive around and stop at houses that are lit up. Usually there are about 4-6 kids per car so it goes pretty fast.

Old 11-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We live in the country. No one trick or treats around here. Our house is 2.2 miles up the road and the first house. LOL We are fine with it. Even living in town families all go to certain neighborhoods to trick or treat. It isn't like it was when I was a kid and we went door to door in our own neighborhood. I'm totally good with it. I hate the idea of begging for candy anyway!
Old 11-02-2021, 02:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We only had 1 group of 6. Our street has never gotten many. Even my kids have always trick or treated at one of the larger communities nearby. Even though we're in a suburb with houses close together, my street is a little isolated and too far a walk for too few houses.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We got way more than last year but still only about 15. We always give out full-sized Hershey bars if they make the trek up our hill.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Probably 125-150 kids. We sat out in the driveway and handed out candy - it was a gorgeous evening - while watching the start of the Cowboys game on a laptop. I can't tell you how many of the adults asked "How are we doing?" as the night went on. Texas, where 9 x out of 10, "we" means The Cowboys. The timing was perfect - we ran out of candy around halftime, moved inside, and finished the game on the big screen.
We stopped at a house that had the game on a big projector on the side of the house and he was handing out adult drinks (a punch he made with lime concentrate, vodka, and beer). I should have taken a photo (I think hubby did) where he set up two TVs in our living room...one for the Cowboys and the other for the World Series. We live in Texas but grew up in VA so we are the outcasts rooting for the Braves! The weather was amazing on Halloween, not too hot but not chilly yet either.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have no idea, but we used up a bag of 160 pieces ... it was a mix of my hubby and oldest answering the door and leaving the bowl out while we went out.
Old 11-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We live on a busy state hwy so we never get any and always have to go to another neighborhood to trick or treat. It works out well though so I always get to go with my kids!