Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-19-2021, 08:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default 30 Days of Thanks - November 19th

Today I am thankful for my parents. Honestly, I am thankful for them everyday, but today I get to express it.

My parents married as teenagers and had three kids before my mom was 20. They went through a lot of hard times just like most couples, but their always centered around health. My brother had childhood cancer and my dad had a rare form of MD that hit him at the age of 39. Medical issues always lead to financial issues so my parents battled those as well with my Dad working up to three jobs most of my childhood trying to keep a roof over our heads and food in out bellies.

I didn't know how bad their struggles were until I was older. That's because my parents made the best of everything. When food was running out and all we had was cornmeal mush to eat, my parents made it a treat that we actually looked forward to.

They made our small two bedroom house a warm home where people, especially other children, loved to gather and were always welcomed. My mom was the most loved mom in the neighborhood -- all my friends used to wish she was their mom.

My dad always, always had two jobs until he was too sick to work and once we were all in school, mom joined the work force too, to help pay off those medical bills and get us a three bedroom home and more of the stuff we wanted. They gave us everything they could and worked their butts off to do it.

Mom and dad were married until the day he died, almost forty years, and while they never had it easy, fought some and bickered a lot, they loved each other and us with all their hearts. They taught us the value of hard work, an appreciation for the people we love and too many other lesson to count.

I know I said a lot in this post, but truly, their are no words to really say how truly blessed I was to have the parents I did. So today, I am thankful for Jim and Karen and the wonderful life they made possible for me and my family.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am thankful to be home today. I went to Delaware to visit my daughter and go camping in the Poconos and on night one we got the flu and had to drive through the mountains home on day 2 it was awful. I had to fly home on day 3 of it, so good thing I ha to wear a mask at least and not get anyone else ill. Jeez. What a mess. Still can not eat but at least I'm home
Old 11-19-2021, 11:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

today I am thankful that my dad's rehab is going well and he should be home on the 26th.

I am also thankful that the only equipment we need to get for him is another handrail on the stairs and a wheeled walker with a seat.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful for therapy. I said goodbye to my therapist today. Goodbye for now. Because I feel well enough on my own and if I feel the need to see her again I know where to find her.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

These are all so great everyone.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm grateful for the persistence to keep going toward my personal writing goals. I might not move fast, but the personal goals I've set for myself, I continue to push towards.
Recently I got the first copyright registration for my latest book from the US Copyright Office,.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful to be with my parents. I've missed them tremendously, and it's such a treat to be here with them this weekend. And an even bigger treat that I don't have to share them with anyone but my husband!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 11-20-2021, 12:19 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Today I'm thankful for an unopened box of wine I found in my garage fridge. I don't remember buying it, and hubby says he didn't. Maybe I have a wine fairy? And yes, I said box... I'm classy like that!