Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy
Default I love them...but....

let's talk about our spawn
(or other's spawn...but don't be hateful)

I'm surrounded by heathens. all day. everyday.

one thing that makes me INSANE is nosy children.
"who on da phone?"
"what time my mama comin?" (never mind that you can't tell time)
"whatchu say?" (wasn't talking to you)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-02-2016, 12:55 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Kaylin asks me what time it is a bajillion times a day. She's learned that I don't like it when she asks me for snacks all day long. Snack times are at 10 and 3. So, now she just asks me what time it is . . . code for "is it snack time?" Ugh. This girl would eat 24/7 if I let her . . . but only if it were fruit snacks, pudding, and chocolate milk.

And, my oldest still needs to know everything about everybody. Every time I try to have a conversation with anyone else in the family, he will interject with all his questions. I'm not very patient about this. I can't count the number of times we've told him that it's none of his business or that he doesn't need to know everything.

And, now I'm going to clean bathrooms, which brings up a whole new list of grievances. I DO love them so!!!

Old 03-02-2016, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What can I eat? or What else can I eat?

Often this is asked when I'm in the middle of cooking or serving up dinner. Why can't they just learn to wait (i.e. shut up) for a few minutes?
Old 03-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

"what can we have for snack tonight?" is a fave over here

Old 03-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am tolerant of most of their shenanigans, but tap me on the arm and I will lose it. One day Grace even gave me a tender spot, nearly a bruise, on my upper arm where she was tapping me all day.

Tap tap tap "Mom...."

Tap me one more time, child.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Can I have a snack, can I have a snack, can I have a snack.......................
Old 03-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

2 of mine are pretty independent and never did that, BUT the youngest NEVER SHUTS UP and it drives me crazy! From the moment he wakes up (even if he's the only one awake) to the time he falls asleep he's ALWAYS talking!!! He's cute and funny, but damn, sometimes I just want a little peace and quiet while they are awake!
Old 03-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
2 of mine are pretty independent and never did that, BUT the youngest NEVER SHUTS UP and it drives me crazy! From the moment he wakes up (even if he's the only one awake) to the time he falls asleep he's ALWAYS talking!!! He's cute and funny, but damn, sometimes I just want a little peace and quiet while they are awake!
My son was like this, too. But now at 9 he keeps his thoughts to himself more often and ironically, it's killing me. I miss the talkativeness.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my 2 drive me crazy mostly because they are polar opposites and cannot agree on ONE. SINGLE. THING. As an example, I will offer to take them to dinner and tell them to just agree on a place. Can they ever agree on a place? No, they cannot. So basically, we rarely go anywhere or do anything as a family anymore because one or the other kid doesn't want to. One wants a move while the other wants sports. One wants to take the dogs to the dog park while the other one wants to shop. And on and on, world without end. Amen.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My boys are teenagers and I'm constantly hearing... "What do we have to snack on?" Yikes!! These boys can eat!
Old 03-02-2016, 06:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
My.son.exactly.

I always tell people that if, God forbid, he was ever taken by a stranger they would bring him right back because he will just talk their ear off.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

My adorable niece that I have every day loves to ask "why" a million zillion times a day.

drives.me.bonkers.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 03-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I help out in my youngest kindergarten class. It drives me nuts when they see that I am helping another classmate and they interrupt. Also, when they don't even try and want me to do their work for them, but my biggest pet peeve is when they ask what to do and then don't even listen (especially when they then do it wrong and get mad).
I love helping, but sometimes . . .
Old 03-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

omgosh YESSSS. my two argue about EVERYTHING. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they are polar opposites.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

i've got a couple of chatty kathys!!
on car rides if i am not driving, we say "mommy is sleeping" to shut the kids up!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
My.son.exactly.

I always tell people that if, God forbid, he was ever taken by a stranger they would bring him right back because he will just talk their ear off.
I have said that exact same thing about both of my kids many, many times...
Old 03-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

My son asks 'why?' way too many times in a day. It drives me crazy!

Old 03-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL - I'm trying to remember what bothered me when she was younger.... she was a talker but I never minded too much because it was just the 2 of us for so long and I was glad to have someone to talk to. Now Cheyanne is at a blissful time in her life where we actually like each other and like spending time together. I guess the one thing would be that she's always saying there's nothing to eat when there is a fridge full of food and the snack basket is full, etc.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

He'll be 2 in May so pretty much everything he does drives me insane: asking for a 'nack' 50x a day & then not eating it or crunching it up into little pieces to sprinkle all over the floor, following me into the bathroom (or hysterically screaming & pounding on the door if I dare to close it!), chucking his toys at 100 mph across the room, poking me in the eye, slapping my cheek, and/or sticking his finger up my nose while I'm putting him down for a nap, throwing his pacifier down on the floor of the van & then screaming the rest of the way home that he wants his pacifier... I could go on and on!!!

The big one has lots of sass when she's hungry or tired but the worst is that she makes this one face when she's upset with me but knows better than to say anything. I can't even describe what she does with her face but it immediately makes me want to scream. I don't scream but I sure want to when I see the, 'Mom! What you're telling me to do is so dumb and meaningless compared to what I'm already doing!' face.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ah the memories! Mine are older but I swear they have a conspiracy to never like the same food. If one likes it, another doesn't. Never fails!
Old 03-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So I'm breastfeeding my four week old... And the hardest thing about him is the constant feeding. This thread gave me no hope for me future! Ha.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

"I want something..." My 3 year old sons version of "I'm hungry." I hear it ALL. DAY. LONG. We will have just eaten 45 minutes earlier and he will be hungry again. He would eat nonstop if I'd let him.

My babe is a screamer. His grandma calls him screamy because that's how he "talks" to everyone. Just a nice long loud high pitched squeal. Definitely my little screamy.

My daughter wants to know why I make her do chores all the time. Just last week she was grounded for mouthing off to me after I asked her to help with laundry. "I don't know why we have to do your job just so you can get free time." Yes, my dear. Because feeding an 11 month old screamy is just how I love to spend my "free" time.

Kids. I hope I survive them all! LOL.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

lily is the BIGGEST dawdler on the planet. The time it takes her to get INTO the shower after she is in the washroom is INSANE. honestly. It drives me crazier than anything.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
So I'm breastfeeding my four week old... And the hardest thing about him is the constant feeding. This thread gave me no hope for me future! Ha.
Ha! Good luck with that.

My 4 year old (although he'll tell you that he's turning 5 in 36 days... not that he's counting or anything!) is a constant grazer. He started off that way when breastfeeding and it continued into toddlerhood and childhood. Always wanting to snack, my long and lean child with the seemingly fastest metabolism in the entire world! I swear that on his tombstone it will say DIED FROM LACK OF SNACKS. (thankfully my 14 month old twins are happy to linger over their food)

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 03-03-2016, 01:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ohmygosh these are cracking me up. I should've made a list of this stuff when they were little. One of my teen boys drives me MAD with this question, "What's for dinner?" It's not like a hey-i'm-curious-what-delicious-thing-you-are-selflessly-going-to-prepare-for-us-tonight kind of question. He says it like a cranky old man waiting for me to fulfill my duty.

Dinner is whatevertheheck I make, bubba!

Also... "Is the dishwasher clean?" every. single. day. Just look at the dishes and if they're dirty then NO IT IS NOT CLEAN.

"How long do I microwave such-and-such?" OMG. You're 17 years old and you don't know how long to heat a dish of pasta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I am tolerant of most of their shenanigans, but tap me on the arm and I will lose it. One day Grace even gave me a tender spot, nearly a bruise, on my upper arm where she was tapping me all day.

Tap tap tap "Mom...."

Tap me one more time, child.
Ok, so it's like midnight and I have my music down super quiet so I won't disturb John, but I saw this pic and your caption and busted out laughing
Old 03-03-2016, 01:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Eating/snacking seems to be a common theme here, especially where boys are involved!
Old 03-03-2016, 02:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and another food related one I was reminded of just now as I'm getting dinner ready - putting the empty juice jug back in the fridge after finishing off the last drops. Do they think its going to miraculously get cleaned and refilled by itself in there?
Old 03-03-2016, 02:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't remember when my kids stopped asking for snacks, but they were pretty young. I have an open-kitchen and they can eat pretty much whenever and whatever they want. It's just something that I let go before they drove me out of my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Oh, and another food related one I was reminded of just now as I'm getting dinner ready - putting the empty juice jug back in the fridge after finishing off the last drops. Do they think its going to miraculously get cleaned and refilled by itself in there?
It's so they don't have to be responsible for being 'the one who drank the rest.' Mine fessed up, lol!
Old 03-03-2016, 02:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
It's so they don't have to be responsible for being 'the one who drank the rest.' Mine fessed up, lol!
Well only one of mine drinks juice, so its pretty obvious who the culprit is!!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NellahBean View Post
My daughter wants to know why I make her do chores all the time. Just last week she was grounded for mouthing off to me after I asked her to help with laundry. "I don't know why we have to do your job just so you can get free time." Yes, my dear. Because feeding an 11 month old screamy is just how I love to spend my "free" time.

Kids. I hope I survive them all! LOL.
Ha! I can still remember cleaning our one and only bathroom when I was about 10 or 11 and telling my mother that the only reason she had kids was so she didn't have to do any housework!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I don't remember when my kids stopped asking for snacks, but they were pretty young. I have an open-kitchen and they can eat pretty much whenever and whatever they want. It's just something that I let go before they drove me out of my brain.
This. Christopher was always eating and Cheyanne has been the same way. I don't keep much junk in the house so they've always just been allowed to get snacks when they want. They were both very into sports so they were constantly hungry and both could polish of a snack and turn around and eat a full dinner 15 minutes later.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm laughing reading these but feel your pain! My 16 year old will leave a half glassful of everything he drinks sitting around. Like 5 times a day. It's so wasteful it drives me nuts!

Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I'm laughing reading these but feel your pain! My 16 year old will leave a half glassful of everything he drinks sitting around. Like 5 times a day. It's so wasteful it drives me nuts!

I'm guilty of this one LMAO

Old 03-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG. another.

I have a hard time understanding the toddlers here sometimes. I'll ask, "what? I just didn't understand you. Tell me again."

their response? nevermind.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Speaking of... the 6yo is notorious for becoming selfighteous with me when I don't immediately understand what she's trying to describe to me.

e.g.

'Mommy? What's that song that that gurl sings?'
'Um, I don't know. Sing it for me.'
'Well, it goes... (pause) I don't remember all of the words.'
'Can you hum it for me?'
'Hmm hmm hmm... like that. What's that song?'
'I have no idea. Sorry.'
'I KNOW YOU KNOW THE SONG! WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME?!'

Old 03-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Mine is a huge talker. From the second he wakes up until the second he goes to sleep it's non-stop talking. He's spent most of his life with just the two of us and since I am very quiet, I think, he's spent his life making up for that.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Speaking of... the 6yo is notorious for becoming selfighteous with me when I don't immediately understand what she's trying to describe to me.

e.g.

'Mommy? What's that song that that gurl sings?'
'Um, I don't know. Sing it for me.'
'Well, it goes... (pause) I don't remember all of the words.'
'Can you hum it for me?'
'Hmm hmm hmm... like that. What's that song?'
'I have no idea. Sorry.'
'I KNOW YOU KNOW THE SONG! WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME?!'

Old 03-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ahhh...where to start? I love them, but they drive me batty on a regular basis. How many times I day should I need to tell a 12, 9, and 7 year old to keep their hands to themselves/stop roughhousing? And then they act like it's a surprise when someone ends up hurt after I've asked them 5 times to stop!

Luckily the snacking isn't a problem here. Treats are once a day in the evening (and they know it's not worth asking any other time), and they can help themselves to anything healthy whenever they want. But feeding them meals is ridiculous! There are about 3 meals that all 3 of the kids will eat. Two get bored with plain food, 1 won't eat anything mixed together. 1 eats only cooked veggies, 1 eats only raw veggies, and 1 hates almost all veggies. I could go on, but grrrrrrrrrr! I hate cooking for them.

And I also have the kids that talk ALL DAY LONG. I could deal better if they were telling me something real...talking to me about their friends, their views on things, etc. But no. I have the kids who want to quote books and movies, rehash plots, pretend to be star fighters and animals, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
LOL! But if yours is anything like my 3, six weeks old is the magic number where breastfeeding got easier.

Last edited by rach3975; 03-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurian View Post
I swear that on his tombstone it will say DIED FROM LACK OF SNACKS.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
My kids do this with water bottles and it also drives me crazy.

Last edited by DawnMarch; 03-03-2016 at 04:25 PM.