Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-27-2021, 11:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Windows 11

Did anyone make the jump to Windows 11 AND manage to keep their folder previews? I tried every tutorial I could find on Google, restarted my PC I don't know how many times and none of them worked. I finally found an article that indicated previews are gone in Windows 11 and I reverted back to 10. The couple days I had it, I liked some of the features, but the loss of thumbnails on my folders was a deal breaker.
Old 12-27-2021, 11:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have not jumped ship. I actually really like 10, so I'm gonna ride it out until they give the final "if you don't switch you have to pay for 11" reminders. rofl

Folder previews are gone? That doesn't sound good. Maybe enough people will complain they will add a patch and bring them back.

Old 12-27-2021, 11:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I have not jumped ship. I actually really like 10, so I'm gonna ride it out until they give the final "if you don't switch you have to pay for 11" reminders. rofl

Folder previews are gone? That doesn't sound good. Maybe enough people will complain they will add a patch and bring them back.
this is me as well
Old 12-27-2021, 11:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Maybe enough people will complain they will add a patch and bring them back.
That was the reason I gave for switching back so... fingers crossed!!!!!
Old 12-28-2021, 12:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Is 11 a free upgrade? I didn't know it was out. I'm not keen on no folder previews

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2021, 12:31 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

No: they got rid of them. Previews take up a lot of memory so the computer geniuses decided that people didn't need them /s. I mean...why in the world would someone want to SEE what's inside a folder?! *facepalm*

While I've heard of non-Microsoft options you could download to get thumbnails back, I don't like add-ons etc so I rolled back to 10. If you'd like to complain, open the Feedback Hub (Windows Key + F) and let them know what you think!
Old 12-28-2021, 01:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes this. I have given my feedback- as I got a new computer for my birthday (SO awesome!!!) but I don't have the option to revert. SO bummed.... significantly slows down my work flow... :/
Old 12-28-2021, 01:32 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I got my new laptop about 2 months ago, and it already had Windows 11 on it - i hate not having folder previews and have also tried everything - to no avail
Old 12-28-2021, 01:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
If you'd like to complain, open the Feedback Hub (Windows Key + F) and let them know what you think!
Thank you for providing this tip...I've added my feedback about folder previews being a deal-breaker for upgrading to Windows 11. Maybe if enough people do this, they will bring it back, even as an option.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My computer doesn't qualify, even though I bought it this past summer. I was really bummed about it at first, but now I'm so glad it wouldn't let me. I would be lost without folder previews!
Old 12-28-2021, 10:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

The no folder previews DRIVES ME NUTS!!! I'm at the point of reverting back but I really do like some of the new features. I have way too many folders on my computer to not know what is in them immediately without having to open them.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My folder previews mostly disappeared when I got a new computer two years ago with Windows 10. I have a work around to get them back; however, a lot of the scrapbook folders that I transferred from data recovery are wonky. Like even when I open the folder, the pngs have a lot of garbage around the image distorting them. Microsoft's File Manager is total garbage for me, and it sounds like they made it worse with Windows 11.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I reverted back to windows 10, I couldn't drop and drag from ACDsee or even from my folders to photoshop.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I reverted back to windows 10, I couldn't drop and drag from ACDsee or even from my folders to photoshop.
Can't drag and drop to PS?! Now that will be really BAD for me.....

Old 12-28-2021, 02:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Thankfully I can drag & drop into PSCC from my folders... that would be bad. I don't use ACDsee so I'm not sure about that one. Maybe it's something that has changed recently?
Old 12-28-2021, 04:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is exactly why I didn't update but I guess I will have no choice to do it at a time and I really hope there will be a patch.
I hate big updates, I know it's supposed to help and to be better but well I feel ok with Window 10 right now! (I was probably the one who couldn't left Window Vista!)
Old 12-28-2021, 04:45 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That would have made me bonkers. I don't use ACDSee but I didn't have a problem drag/dropping into PS. If so, I might have thrown my computer across the room.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow! It doesn't sound like I'll be going with Windows 11 until they force it. Ugh!
Old 12-29-2021, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I miss my previews but don't have the energy to revert. But I will complain.
Old 12-30-2021, 01:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yep, another very frustrated Windows 11 user - new laptop with no ability to revert.

I'm tediously bringing across folders by usb drives as my ehd I had everything backed up on hasn't done a thorough job and there are papers and elements missing from kits all over the place.

I'm adding previews to a preview folder to tag for use in Elements organiser (which I never bothered with before) and I'm losing the will to live already.

Thank you for the tip on how to provide feedback - which I have done.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 01-02-2022, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
This is exactly why I didn't update but I guess I will have no choice to do it at a time and I really hope there will be a patch.
I hate big updates, I know it's supposed to help and to be better but well I feel ok with Window 10 right now! (I was probably the one who couldn't left Window Vista!)
I held on to Windows Vista for a looong time! I really liked Vista! I hate Windows 10. I'm considering going with a Mac. Some of the file management things in Mac bother me which is the only reason I haven't switched yet. I use Mac at work and its just those few things, but if Windows is going to give me file handling issues as well, maybe I will switch.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I upgraded and switched back the same day. No previews is a big no-no for me!!
Old 01-06-2022, 06:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Does anyone like the Windows 11 upgrade? Other than the folders issue, are there any great new changes?

Old 01-06-2022, 08:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It was so quick for me that I can't remember what else I saw, but I'm pretty sure the folder thing was the only issue. But that's a deal-breaker for me! LOL
Old 01-06-2022, 09:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I did a quick google and we need an .ico file which is easy to make with a photoshop plug in apparently. I bet Wendyzine will make a script for it soon too.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
I did a quick google and we need an .ico file which is easy to make with a photoshop plug in apparently. I bet Wendyzine will make a script for it soon too.

Maybe someone should suggest it to her?
Old 01-06-2022, 11:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That would be great! I haven't upgraded yet and won't as long as the previews are an issue.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Is that the only way to do that, with Photoshop?
Old 01-07-2022, 01:14 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
No, PS is not the only way to make an ico file. There are converters online and instructions on how to do it in MS Paint. I just did a quick google and found those. But a lot of them have you doing one image at a time.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh my... I will def not be upgrading my laptop (HP PC) anytime soon.

I am currently sitting at my new Mac desktop making folder icons for every scrapbook kit..... I almost didn't switch my desktop to mac when I saw my kids didn't have previews on the folders on their Macs... but then searched around and found (here in the SS forum ) an app to make mac folders have a preview.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 01-07-2022, 02:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So just to confirm, the ico file will show the folder icon again?
Old 01-07-2022, 04:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
My computer doesn't qualify, even though I bought it this past summer. I was really bummed about it at first, but now I'm so glad it wouldn't let me. I would be lost without folder previews!
My dad's computer doesn't qualify, but my mother's does - even though they were purchased a week apart from one another. Mine that was purchased months before theirs qualifies, but my brother who bought one the week before mine, doesn't.

It's strange how it works, some qualify and some dont. And because Microsoft took forever to tell people what they needed for specs, when it finally went public, those prices skyrocketed making it nearly impossible to change out the missing component to get the free upgrade to 11.

With that said, I've not upgraded. I keep getting notices for it, but refuse to do it because I just don't know much about it. Knowing that I'll lose my folder previews isn't helping me want to make the change
Old 01-07-2022, 04:26 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I'm so glad I read this thread!!! No previews and no drag & drop?? I couldn't function like that. Well, I could, but I'd never stop complaining about it!

I had a MacBook Pro for awhile and the lack of previews was such a drag! On the other hand, I became pretty familiar with my kits by name - but found I would go back to the same old kits time and again because I couldn't scroll and peruse all my beautiful kits.

Last edited by justpattyanne; 01-07-2022 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
My dad's computer doesn't qualify, but my mother's does - even though they were purchased a week apart from one another. Mine that was purchased months before theirs qualifies, but my brother who bought one the week before mine, doesn't.

It's strange how it works, some qualify and some dont. And because Microsoft took forever to tell people what they needed for specs, when it finally went public, those prices skyrocketed making it nearly impossible to change out the missing component to get the free upgrade to 11.

With that said, I've not upgraded. I keep getting notices for it, but refuse to do it because I just don't know much about it. Knowing that I'll lose my folder previews isn't helping me want to make the change
I guess mine doesn't qualify because I haven't any offers. I need to make some upgrades, but I really don't want to change to 11 after reading the "reviews" here!!
Old 01-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post

That's so weird... I got my current laptop when Windows 10 was still pretty new, and I qualified for the free upgrade. Strange.
Old 01-07-2022, 05:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The qualifying is strange. I got pretty much the cheapest Dell computer two years ago this month, and I have the offer. I certainly don't want to upgrade, though. I'm not into new things. lol
Old 01-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My PC didn't qualify either but my husband had to do something in the bios at start up and now its ready.

Is there really no drag & drop? Can someone confirm this? Because I can live without folder images but not without drag & drop.

Old 01-07-2022, 05:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
No there are online converters too but I'd need to do mine in PS and write a script to batch convert all my old folder images.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
No, PS is not the only way to make an ico file. There are converters online and instructions on how to do it in MS Paint. I just did a quick google and found those. But a lot of them have you doing one image at a time.
Ugh, that sounds extra tedious.
Old 01-07-2022, 07:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My PC didn't qualify either but my husband had to do something in the bios at start up and now its ready.

Is there really no drag & drop? Can someone confirm this? Because I can live without folder images but not without drag & drop.

I can drag & drop in PSCC just fine with windows 11. I love it... all except the folder previews thing.
Old 01-07-2022, 07:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh thank you, I couldn't design without drag & drop. That would be a bad idea to remove.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I can drag & drop in PSCC just fine with windows 11.
Whew, what a relief! Good to know.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't know what Microsoft was thinking. I haven't updated yet because of the issues I'm hearing. sigh

Old 01-10-2022, 12:32 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Drag and drop works fine IF you have PS loaded and visible on your desktop. It took me a while to remember that. As long as I can see the program on my screen, I can drop any file there.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie Stroud View Post
I don't know what Microsoft was thinking. I haven't updated yet because of the issues I'm hearing. sigh
Same

Old 01-10-2022, 04:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I keep getting the upgrade reminder but haven't hit the install button yet. I have to work up to change, lol.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My husband rolled his back to 10. Found it very glitchy & lots of issues. So I'm not bothering, I'll keep Windows 10.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

Quote:
My husband rolled his back to 10. Found it very glitchy & lots of issues. So I'm not bothering, I'll keep Windows 10.

I thought I was just crazy for thinking it was glitchy, but now that I know I'm not (completely) crazy I think I'm rolling back too
Old 01-11-2022, 12:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
That's so weird... I got my current laptop when Windows 10 was still pretty new, and I qualified for the free upgrade. Strange.
I got my laptop just about 2 months ago with Windows 10 and haven't gotten any info about an upgrade ... it's all very odd!
Old 01-11-2022, 12:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
I thought I was just crazy for thinking it was glitchy, but now that I know I'm not (completely) crazy I think I'm rolling back too
His was shocking. Kept shutting down saying CPU was overheating. Then going onto airplane mode randomly, or just not starting up at all! And our modem is hooked up to his, and we've never had so many WiFi issues since he upgraded either.