Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Mac Style Help!!

We just bought a new Mac, and I can't figure ANYTHING out. Well, I bought the shadow styles that Jenn made and I can't figure out how to get them to work in my PSE9. I tried a tutorial from digitalscrapper.com 4 times now and it's still not working. I'm about to burst into tears because I wanna play! Ugh! Can anyone tell me how to get this working?

I don't know if it matters, but I'm using the newest iMac on the newest update (i don't know the "technical terms" ha!) and I have PSE9.

Thank you for your help!!

Mom to twin boys since 8-5-2011

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 03-03-2012, 12:58 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I would think this has more to do with how you install things in PSE9 than the fact that it's on a Mac. I'm a Mac user, but I don't use PSE, so I have no idea how to install styles. Hopefully, some other kind PSE user will come along and help. Sorry.

If you have other Mac questions, please ask. Everyone is happy to help.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I could install styles on my PC, but not on the Mac. The steps are different and a lot more complicated. I'm about to dig out my old computer and scrapbook on that since I can't figure out the Mac!

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Eek that is tough...hang in there before you know you will have settled in on the new computer. Also something that confused me when I switched to a Mac was how the folder system worked and even now I am like a bit what???
Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf_wife10 View Post
I could install styles on my PC, but not on the Mac. The steps are different and a lot more complicated. I'm about to dig out my old computer and scrapbook on that since I can't figure out the Mac!
Bleh. I'm sorry! If you can kind of tell me the steps that you used to install styles on your PC (and what OS you were on), I could probably help you figure it out. I'm just not familiar with the process in PSE, so . . .

Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I googled it for you and found a video by Paint the Moon that shows you how to install styles in PSE on a MAC. HTH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvFDvVclIGU
Old 03-03-2012, 01:42 PM

profile gallery send pm

Woot! Thanks Sheri! I also found this step-by-step tutorial for PSE8. I imagine the steps would be extremely similar for PSE9. So, if it helps you to have the steps in list format, here they are:

http://digitalscrapper.com/forums/sh...4108#post44108

Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I figured it out!! I'm SO excited Sheri, I watched that video and it helped me out so much!! I was actually doing a tutorial from digital scrapper.com and it was WAY different and more complicated then what was shown on the video I watched. and now all of my new actions work. I love it! Thanks guys

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh thank you for the links. That's one of the next things I need to figure out. I just got a Mac this last week, so I've been learning things.

usaf_wife10 -- Hang in there!! You'll get it. I've ended in tears a few times over the week, but some calming moments usually helped and I moved on. Didn't always get the issue resolved, but I wasn't a wreck over it either, lol. I'm SO glad the tutorials worked!! I'll be sure to use them myself so I can get stuff installed
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh good, glad you got it figured out!!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

if it helps when I started using my mac I cried for about the first 4 days then i was fine..and I'll never NOT use one now

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yay! So glad you got it figured out!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
if it helps when I started using my mac I cried for about the first 4 days then i was fine..and I'll never NOT use one now
yep. i did the same. and i can't go back to PC. i get annoyed.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Actually, it does make me feel better to know that everyone else was frustrated at first. I feel pretty stupid when I have to google something. I keep cheating and getting on my old PC laptop when I get frustrated. I need to stop doing that, or I'm never going to learn how to use my Mac!

Proud Air Force wife!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's a totally different way of thinking for me, which is exacerbated by the fact that I'm on a PC all day for work!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
It's a totally different way of thinking for me, which is exacerbated by the fact that I'm on a PC all day for work!
Same here! I think I've caught myself so many times on scrolling in opposite direction! I *think* scrolling is opposite in Mac and PC, because I never had that problem before I had Mac! lol

I've made Google my best friend when it comes to figure out Mac. Yes, I've even googled on how to take the screen capture or what to use for 'Home' key. I finally learned to use Fn + Backspace for the Delete key! That was the most frustrating for me not to have Backspace AND Delete key!

Obviously, I'm on PC right now, so I might've messed up which keys I'm talking about... but that's the life when you use both PC and Mac! lol
Old 03-05-2012, 12:10 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripal View Post
Same here! I think I've caught myself so many times on scrolling in opposite direction! I *think* scrolling is opposite in Mac and PC, because I never had that problem before I had Mac! lol

I've made Google my best friend when it comes to figure out Mac. Yes, I've even googled on how to take the screen capture or what to use for 'Home' key. I finally learned to use Fn + Backspace for the Delete key! That was the most frustrating for me not to have Backspace AND Delete key!
The scrolling thing was new with Lion, I think. But, I quickly switched it in the System Preferences. I didn't feel like getting used to a new way of scrolling.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
LOL, Adam threatened to return mine since I was so frustrated with it. But I can't imagine my life without it now.

The thing that saved me was getting the Switching to Mac: The Missing Manual book. It explained how things were different and I could look up how I would do something on a PC and it would explain how to do it on the Mac. I also installed the trial version of Pathfinder which made the Mac Finder behave more like what I was used to in Windows Explorer. Gave me one less thing to worry about until I understood how Finder worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
The scrolling thing was new with Lion, I think. But, I quickly switched it in the System Preferences. I didn't feel like getting used to a new way of scrolling.
Yes, it's new in Lion. I think it switches it so it's more in line with how scrolling on the iPhone/iPad works. I turned it off too though because it was driving me crazy, haha.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I had to switch my scrolling also. DH hasn't upgraded to Lion on his laptop and I kept going the wrong way when using his computer.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Ahh.. I'm glad I mentioned about the scrolling. I thought it was just in my head! LOL I'll check out the system preferences. Thanks!