Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I met my husband online! We IM'd back and forth for about a month, then exchanged phone numbers and talked on the phone for another month or two before I would agree to meet him. We finally met and there was really no spark there- more of a friendship. We went out a few times but then he stopped calling me.

Fast forward to 9/11 and he sent an email to all of his friends and family letting them know he was not in NYC that day and he was safe. I happened to be on the list and emailed him back just saying hey and glad he wasnt in NYC that day. We started emailing back and forth, then it went to IM'ing for a while. We went on our "2nd first day" the 2nd week of December. We stated dating exclusively in February. Easter 2002 I met his family for the first time and I "KNEW" that he was the one. He asked me to marry him a month later and then we got married October 2002.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

As I said in the other thread, my relationship with my husband seemed to happen on fast forward, 10 months from start to finish. We'd only been dating for about three weeks when I knew I loved him. I can still see it all so clearly in my mind. He was in my hometown working for a construction company from Missouri and was staying in an efficiency apartment. This place was incredibly small and only had one comfy chair and a bed. We were watching TV with him sitting in the chair and me sitting on the floor leaning back against his legs. He said something and when I leaned my head back to answer him, the words just froze in my mouth and I started at him for what seemed like forever. He finally grinned and said it just hit you, didn't it? I said what? He said it just hit you that you love me. And I started to cry because he was so right and I couldn't believe any one could be so in tune with me. A few weeks later my hubby's job was sending him to Arizona and I was packing my bags so we could go to Vegas and get married first. When I told my parents I was leaving to get married they were stunned because they had never met him. Boy was my mom pi$$ed at me, she was convinced he was an ax murder, and we didn't talk for a few months after I left. My dad was stunned, but he tried very hard to be supportive and actually got to know my husband over the phone after we had married and moved to Arizona. My son asked me once if I regretted what appears to be a hasty decision with a sad ending, but as I told him I think when you know, you know and that sometimes 10 short months can be a lifetime. It was the happiest time of my life.

Good luck with your relationship Honey, I hope you are extremely happy!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We met our sophomore year in college but didn't start dating until our senior year. First date was in September of 1996, engaged in December of 1997 and married in October of 1998. It will be 16 years together this fall and 14 years of marriage. I knew after our first date that he was the one.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubby and I met in February 1995, were married in May 1996, just a little over a year after
Old 03-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I met my husband through a match site about 12 years ago. I was a single mother and didn't like going out and missing out on time with my daughter. A month after we met, he asked me to marry him and we have been together since. It was crazy when he did but seemed so right and now, I have to admit I have the best husband!