Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-12-2022, 02:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Shutterfly Unlimited Pages Deal?

Does anyone know when the next Shutterfly Unlimited Pages deal is going to happen? I've signed up for their promotional emails, but I never get any emails from them at all. My book is way too expensive without this particular deal!
Old 01-12-2022, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am waiting for the deal too!
Old 01-12-2022, 03:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

They had one right before Christmas, I think. I'm not sure how often they do them.
Old 01-12-2022, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Not sure. I want to say at least every couple of months I see the email. I get emails from them everyday so not sure why you wouldn't be getting them.?

Old 01-12-2022, 04:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I get TOO MANY emails from them, lol, but I always look out for this deal, so I'll be sure to post it here when it arrives. I think they usually run this special at least once in the first quarter of the year.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:30 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Do you guys actually create your book in Shutterfly and upload purchased backgrounds and embellishments to Shutterfly to use? Can you do the same in mixbooks? New to digital scrapping.
Old 01-12-2022, 04:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tls4183 View Post
Do you guys actually create your book in Shutterfly and upload purchased backgrounds and embellishments to Shutterfly to use? Can you do the same in mixbooks? New to digital scrapping.
No, I make my pages in photoshop, then upload them to Shutterfly to make books. I have done that at Mixbooks, too.

Old 01-12-2022, 06:57 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

If you aren't getting emails, sign up again. I get them all the time. Every single day.

I would guess they will have another deal in the next 3 to 4 weeks. When I'm ready to print a book, I just upload all my layouts and get it ready. Then when the deal comes, I finalize and order the book.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Does anyone know when the next Shutterfly Unlimited Pages deal is going to happen? I've signed up for their promotional emails, but I never get any emails from them at all. My book is way too expensive without this particular deal!
I'm waiting, too, and also signed up for their promotional emails THAT NEVER STOP. My goodness, they sometimes send me two emails a day. As soon as I get this latest book printed, I will definitely be unsubscribing!
Old 01-12-2022, 07:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That is definitely an option; they have really pretty backgrounds. I tried it once for a quick book I wanted to make, but it ended up being too many decisions for me. I make my layouts using templates & kits from the store and then upload them to a blank album in Shutterfly.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I saw your PM about MixBooks, but the fourms won't let me respond to you... I used adobe photoshop elements to designs my pages and then load it up as one picture, full bleed on the page - the same as I do in Shutterfly. You aren't able to load a SSD kit into shutterfly to design your page.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:32 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If Shutterfly sticks to their usual pattern, there will be another free pages offer in mid to late January. I usually end up ordering one book in January and another in July/August because I know to expect the deal then and be ready.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a google alert set up for this, if I get one I'll post here and let you know.

Old 01-13-2022, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Guess I should get to work uploading pages to shutterfly lol!
Old 01-13-2022, 06:17 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Heather, I've been wondering the same thing. Missed their last sale--or rather, didn't have anything ready lol. Now I have 2021 almost wrapped up, so I want to get those last 5 pages done and uploaded so I'm ready as soon as I get that SF email. I think it'll be a race to see who comes here and lets us all know!
Old 01-17-2022, 10:45 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I am waiting for their unlimited pages sale too. I have a book ready to go since about November. They did run an unlimited pages sale in December, but it wasn't the same as usual. It wasn't unlimited FREE pages, it was more like a sale on extra pages, so I'm worried they are going to do the good sale anymore. Eek!
Old 01-19-2022, 07:35 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

It's here, it's here! The unlimited pages sale ends Sunday!
Old 01-19-2022, 09:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
YAH!!
Old 01-19-2022, 11:06 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
I saw the email this morning and remembered why I was sad last time... they are only doing free unlimited STANDARD pages again this time. They aren't including layflat pages again this time. So now I have to decide whether I want a good price on my book, or if I want to do layflat again. Man it's hard to even think about going without layflat now that I've started using them. Argh! I just want my cake and eat it too!
Old 01-19-2022, 12:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_ View Post
I saw the email this morning and remembered why I was sad last time... they are only doing free unlimited STANDARD pages again this time. They aren't including layflat pages again this time. So now I have to decide whether I want a good price on my book, or if I want to do layflat again. Man it's hard to even think about going without layflat now that I've started using them. Argh! I just want my cake and eat it too!
Well that sucks.....I didn't use the last sale for this so I must have missed that. Now I'm because yeah, that's what I want is layflat.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:41 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh, I didn't see that. BUMMER! Cuz it's such a deal when they fully discount layflat pages. I'm so excited to order a book that I'll probably do it anyway. I'll justify it somehow (like, the cost is similar to __ number of my favorite Starbucks drink, so I just won't get coffee for a month or something rofl).
Old 01-19-2022, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I had basic layflat pages in my book and entered the discount code PAGES and it discounted them (just not completely free). So there is a discount for the layflat, just not as good as standard pages.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I had basic layflat pages in my book and entered the discount code PAGES and it discounted them (just not completely free). So there is a discount for the layflat, just not as good as standard pages.
Well that's at least something.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:54 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

So I ordered a 12x12 standard lay-flat book with 63 extra pages and 6-color pro colors. I was charged (before any discounts) $200.97 for the standard layflat pages, $35 for a "12x12 Book - Standard layflat pages," $13.99 for the 6 color printing, and $49.99 for "12x12 Book." TBH, I'd love to know why I was charged for TWO books because the Standard layflat charge wasn't discounted. (Oh, I also had free standard shipping.)

My total before discounts was $299.95 plus $11.99 shipping. After $187.76 discount, my total was $124.18. If anyone can explain my TWO "book" charges, I'd love an explanation! (ETA I used a code pages and the free shipping code SHIP79.)

Last edited by Tree City; 01-22-2022 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got four softcover 8x8 books for $64 which includes three at or close to the 110 page limit.

I always forget that I have to add a smaller book to the order to get it over $49 for the free shipping discount (which then makes the smaller book free). With just the three 2014 volumes, my order was at $67 so I added the smaller (I think it's 26 pages?) book and the shipping discount code to arrive at $64.

Don't forget to double-stack your coupon codes, friends!
Old 01-19-2022, 09:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That is disappointing! I'm not ready to print yet, but I don't think I'll be willing to give up layflat on my big books, either. I still get shorter books (like vacations albums) with standard pages because the extra charge is less worth it on those, and it feels like I'm settling every time.
Old 01-19-2022, 10:44 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I ordered my books!! My 10x10 lay flat was 257.42 and with coupon became 80.78. It looks like they charged .03 cents extra per page for standard lay flat pages. I can't wait to get it!!! I also ordered my Christmas December book.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 01-20-2022, 07:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I ordered my first book last year this time. Loved it!

Does anyone know...if I order one using the discount code, can I order another one (a different one) during this promotion using that same code? Or do I need to decide now and make/order two at one time. I'm assuming it would let me set up two books at one time. I'd rather order one then think a day on whether to spend the money on a second one. lol

Thanks!

Edit: I've got one book ready. Guess I'll set up another one and see if it lets me...and if I want to pay that much today.

Last edited by SweetChar; 01-20-2022 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I got it all figured out. I made two separate books and ordered them both.
One was maxed out at 111 pages (I think that's the number) but I use a layout on the front and the back cover for 113.
The other one was, I believe, 96 pages.

Woohoo!
Old 01-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That's good! I think I'll add it and see how much it costs... then I'll decide whether or not to order.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:35 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachimac View Post
I ordered my books!! My 10x10 lay flat was 257.42 and with coupon became 80.78. It looks like they charged .03 cents extra per page for standard lay flat pages. I can't wait to get it!!! I also ordered my Christmas December book.
Ok I think I can handle .03 per page. I hope my 12x12 will be close to that good of a deal!
Old 01-22-2022, 07:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My 10x10 lay flat book was $284, and I paid $83.48 with free shipping using the code PAGES. This makes me feel like I can definitely spend money elsewhere since I saved so much on my book!
Old 01-23-2022, 09:45 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I may need to go try a small Shutterfly book at these prices. See how I like it compared to my Artscow creations. Thanks for this thread.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:58 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Photobook America also has great deals with books and you can get vouchers for 100 page books and have three months use them.
Old 01-28-2022, 01:13 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I didn't end up order one this time around. I feel like I'm totally spoiled by the old actual "free unlimited pages" sale. Ha ha!
Old 02-01-2022, 09:29 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Tell me more about this Unlimited Pages deal? Is it aaflat fee for a book and you can add as many pages as you want?
Old 02-01-2022, 11:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly_rox View Post
Tell me more about this Unlimited Pages deal? Is it aaflat fee for a book and you can add as many pages as you want?
I think it's 111 pages, max. I believe the deal has ended but it comes around fairly often.
Old 02-02-2022, 11:43 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly_rox View Post
It used to be FREE unlimited pages, so you'd pay the flat fee for the base book of 20 pages and then any pages you added up to 111 were free. The last two times they've run the sale it's been a little more expensive. You sale mostly only works the same way as it used to if you're using standard pages (i.e. not layflat) If you want layflat pages now it's $.40 per page for the additional pages. It's still way better that whatever the normal price is, but not quite as good as it used to be. Hope that helps!
Old 02-03-2022, 05:29 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Thank you both!
Old 02-08-2022, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was so disappointed when I got my book, because somehow between the time my book was finished and when it printed, about half the pages got corrupted somehow. And that is how it printed. But Shutterfly has blown me away with their customer service. Their engineers fixed the corrupted images, and loaded up my cart with the fixed book and it was completely free. I didn't even have to pay shipping. At normal (non-discounted price), it would have been $420, but I got it absolutely free. I'm over the moon!
Old 02-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I was so disappointed when I got my book, because somehow between the time my book was finished and when it printed, about half the pages got corrupted somehow. And that is how it printed. But Shutterfly has blown me away with their customer service. Their engineers fixed the corrupted images, and loaded up my cart with the fixed book and it was completely free. I didn't even have to pay shipping. At normal (non-discounted price), it would have been $420, but I got it absolutely free. I'm over the moon!
That's one thing I have to say for Shutterfly. They messed up one of my books (had ordered 5 of them for a vacation present for the family members who went ) and printed a page in black and white. They replaced them all and even gave me free shipping.

My May This or That Post

My Rules to live by:
Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,
Speak Kindly and Leave the rest to God.
Old 02-08-2022, 09:39 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I had a book that wasn't printed correctly. The very bottom of one page would be on the top of another page. When I showed them a photo of it, they reprinted it for free and told me to keep the first one. I gave the corrected book to the family I made it for and kept the other one.

Evidently their printing is done in long sheets, all odd pages together and all even pages together then cut into the individual pages. When put together as a book the bottom of page 2 was at the top of page 4. It started with the first page and continued to the last one. The printed strips were probably not lined up correctly when being cut apart.

That is why when I've doing a book for a gift, I have it sent to me. I check it over to make sure it is good before gifting it.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've always had great customer service from Shutterfly, too. I had 2 different issues, both of which were the postal service's fault rather than Shutterfly's. One book made it to my local area and then got lost. Another arrived but had taken a bad fall along the way and the bottom corners of the book were crushed. Shutterfly replaced both for free.
Old 02-08-2022, 10:52 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
My book had blank pages except for my first page, which was a "full page photo" (a LO) and about 5 pages I created via the SF software. All of my other LOs were blank. They couldn't figure out what happened so I had to re-make my book, BUT they are reprinting for free, including shipping (which I got for free cuz I used a promo code). But I had to "fight" (just explain why I deserved NOT to pay for shipping) to get that covered, which I found odd. They messed up, not me; why in the world would I have to pay anything to get the corrected book to me? Anyway, I'm anxiously waiting for my corrected book!
Old 02-09-2022, 09:31 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you both had such issues this time around with Shutterfly. That stinks! I'm glad you both got your book reprinted for free. Like Rachel mentioned, the only time I had issues with a book from then is when the post office damaged my books and both times that happened they reprinted for free too.
Old 02-09-2022, 09:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That is one of the best things about Shutterfly, their customer service is always fantastic.

I had a book, that the error was mine the first time, they reprinted for free, then second book came with same error even though my account showed it corrected... third copy they reprinted again for free.

Another time I had a book over a week late, they rushed a new copy to me and said to keep the first one if it ever shows up... it did.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow