Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > Digital Scrapbook Day 2021

Old 10-03-2021, 09:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is so gorgeous Em, I had to buy it. That it's for a worthy cause is a bonus. My husband's sister died of breast cancer at age 36. This was before I met him so I never knew her, and I'm sad we never got to be sisters-in-law.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Just found the time this whole weekend to check in for all the challenges - just bought the kit. I pray for all of you either dealing with cancer yourself or assisting others. I had a dear sister-in-law pass away 2 years ago from a 12 year battle with cancer.
Aww sorry for your loss Debbie, its so hard to watch our loved ones go through cancer. My heart goes out to you and thank you for your donation its greatly appreciated xox
Old 10-03-2021, 10:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2scrap View Post
Thank you for hosting and for donating to a wonderful cause. Thank you for the template for us creating a layout with your kit.

Link to the gallery: https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ive-up&cat=500
Aww Tina such a sweet page and a perfect BCA promotional artwork! I love that you used the cluster from Artful Starter No1. Thank you for your donation and page. Iíll pm you the download link for the gift.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
This is so gorgeous Em, I had to buy it. That it's for a worthy cause is a bonus. My husband's sister died of breast cancer at age 36. This was before I met him so I never knew her, and I'm sad we never got to be sisters-in-law.
It seems so many of us are affected by this awful disease. I am sorry for your loss, its so unfair it not only takes away the person but also the chance at much more.

Sending lots of hugs and thank you for your donation lovely. xoxo
Old 10-03-2021, 10:42 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for making such a beautiful kit for such a noble cause!

38. Seattle
Old 10-03-2021, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud

Wonderful way to support a worthy cause. Glad to help out! Cancer took my mom many years ago, but she fought it for nearly 20 years before it finally got her.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasianary View Post
Thank you for making such a beautiful kit for such a noble cause!

Anastasia what a beautiful dedication to your grand parents. Such beautiful layering and heartfelt journaling. Thank you for your donation and this beautiful page. Iíll pm you the download link for the gift. xo
Old 10-04-2021, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had to join in and support your fundraiser. Such a gorgeous bundle. And such a wonderful cause. Here's mine:

edited to add: I overthink everything. lol I said I "had" to join in. That is in the sense that I very much WANTED to join in. So I DID. lol

Last edited by SweetChar; 10-04-2021 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigaud View Post
Wonderful way to support a worthy cause. Glad to help out! Cancer took my mom many years ago, but she fought it for nearly 20 years before it finally got her.
Sorry for your loss Lori itís a cruel disease cancer
Old 10-04-2021, 12:23 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
I had to join in and support your fundraiser. Such a gorgeous bundle. And such a wonderful cause. Here's mine:

Oh wow Charlene such a wonderful page hun thank you so much for your donation too xo
Old 10-04-2021, 01:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Finally got a chance to play with this seriously gorgeous kit, Em it is stunning! My family has not dealt with breast cancer (a few other types) but know it is something that is so important for us all, and have friends who have thankfully had early detection and kicked its butt. So thankful for your generous and creative heart!
I made a page of my sweet girl
Old 10-04-2021, 07:44 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by clucaswvu04 View Post
Finally got a chance to play with this seriously gorgeous kit, Em it is stunning! My family has not dealt with breast cancer (a few other types) but know it is something that is so important for us all, and have friends who have thankfully had early detection and kicked its butt. So thankful for your generous and creative heart!
I made a page of my sweet girl
Aww that is gorgeous hun thank you so much for purchasing the kit youíre a gem and your page is perfect. Iíll pm you r ugh thank now xo
Old 10-04-2021, 10:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love what you did Em!

Here's what I did with your beautiful kit.
Saturday, I made a donation to La ligue contre le cancer, they had a stand on the market and they gave me this beautiful pink bow I proudly wear!
It was also a way to speak about this with my kids and they were really interested. I think it shouldn't be a taboo.
I want to keep Hope for the future, I'm at risk because my grandma had 2 breast cancer and one breast removed at young age.
I think it's important to speak about it!
Thank you for this fundraising Em!

Old 10-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Beautiful kit for a worthy cause! Here's a tribute to my aunt.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely stunning page Scraptherapy, wow I love all your beautiful clustering around your photo. You even have a lovely shade of pink in your hair and makeup! Keep on doing your boobie checks and getting your regular testing done Thank you for your donation and sharing your story. Check your Pm’s for the gift link x
Old 10-04-2021, 08:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Beautiful kit for a worthy cause! Here's a tribute to my aunt.
Oh wow Lynn what an incredible photo! So beautiful and such a sweet dedication. Thank you for your donation Iíll pm you shortly with the link for the gift. xox
Old 10-04-2021, 10:20 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

Old 10-04-2021, 11:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here is mine:

Old 10-05-2021, 06:32 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbinker View Post
THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

Aww Angela what a beautiful page of your mum and you! Thank you for your donation and this sweet page. I’ll pm you the gift link right now. xo
Old 10-05-2021, 06:38 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
Here is mine:
Aww hun such a gorgeous page and I love your siggie too hehe. Thank you so much for your donation I really appreciate it. Check your inbox for the gift download link xo
Old 10-05-2021, 08:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmStafrace View Post
Absolutely stunning page Scraptherapy, wow I love all your beautiful clustering around your photo. You even have a lovely shade of pink in your hair and makeup! Keep on doing your boobie checks and getting your regular testing done Thank you for your donation and sharing your story. Check your Pmís for the gift link x
Thank you so much Em! It really touched me and I was so happy to scrap with this wonderful bundle! Oh and I don't know why I have a shade of pink in my hair but it goes great finally!
Still checks my boobies and do the regular test promises!
Thank you so much for the great template!!!!
Old 10-05-2021, 03:17 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am late but here is mine anyway, gorgeous collection!
Old 10-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Such an important message to talk about regarding implants. Fabulous page hun and youíre not late DSD has been extended until Wednesday . pmíd you the link lovely and thank you so much for your donation xox
Old 10-05-2021, 08:13 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Sweet, I have time to get mine in!! Breast Cancer has impacted both sides of my family. Both my mother and father lost an Aunt to breast cancer. I will be back!
Old 10-06-2021, 03:04 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Such an important message to talk about regarding implants. Fabulous page hun and youíre not late DSD has been extended until Wednesday . pmíd you the link lovely and thank you so much for your donation xox
Thank you Em!
Old 10-06-2021, 09:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Only 4 more hours to go ladies so if you’ve kindly donated and purchased the bundle get your pages in so that you can be in the running for a $15 coupon to The Nifty Pixel Shoppe xoxox
Old 10-06-2021, 09:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by megscottstudio View Post
Sweet, I have time to get mine in!! Breast Cancer has impacted both sides of my family. Both my mother and father lost an Aunt to breast cancer. I will be back!
So sorry to read this Megs! Sending you lots of hugs and love. Hey just a heads up in 4 hours time this challenge will be finished so if you have a page make sure youíve shared it here to be in the draw for the $15 coupon hun!
Old 10-06-2021, 10:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 87. She had a successful mastectomy but opted not to pursue treatment. At the age of 87, and given the fact that dad had been gone for four years, we certainly respected her decision. Once mom had recuperated from her surgery, my oldest sister shared with us that she too had been diagnosed with breast cancer. (She actually knew it months before she told us, but waited to share with us until after momís surgery and recovery). Ultimately, momís health deteriorated within two years, spreading to her brain. It was painful to watch her go from her beautiful, vibrant self to not knowing her own family. My heart aches just writing this. Through it all however; she was never bitter nor did she ever lose her faith. She passed away at the age of 89. My sister started treatments shortly after her double mastectomy and she fought so hard for many years. Cancer spread throughout her body and 5 years ago she could fight no more. She was a warrior and through it all told us she would never have changed anything if she could have. She was a true inspiration to everyone around her. I will try to make time this weekend to create a memory page for both of them with your beautiful kit Em. Dearest Em, I remember reading about your diagnosis and keeping up with your journey Ö you my friend are amazing, such a huge inspiration! Thank you so very much for doing this!
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2021, 01:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry that I'm a little late posting my layout. I am happy to be able to contribute to such an important cause and I pray that one day very soon we'll be able to beat this beast and find a cure, not only for breast cancer, but for all cancers. You are a warrior, Em, I admire your courage and strength. Thank you for creating such a beautiful kit. xxx

Old 10-07-2021, 01:26 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
Sorry that I'm a little late posting my layout. I am happy to be able to contribute to such an important cause and I pray that one day very soon we'll be able to beat this beast and find a cure, not only for breast cancer, but for all cancers. You are a warrior, Em, I admire your courage and strength. Thank you for creating such a beautiful kit. xxx

Aww Lidia what a beautiful thing to say thank you so very much lovely lady! And thank you also for your donation and gorgeous page. Im totally with you too not just Breast Cancer but all cancer. I recently lost two beautiful people a family friend and a very close friend both to Pancreatic cancer, that one is particularly beastly! Iíll pm you the download link for the template gift. Again thank you so much xox
Old 10-07-2021, 01:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 87. She had a successful mastectomy but opted not to pursue treatment. At the age of 87, and given the fact that dad had been gone for four years, we certainly respected her decision. Once mom had recuperated from her surgery, my oldest sister shared with us that she too had been diagnosed with breast cancer. (She actually knew it months before she told us, but waited to share with us until after momís surgery and recovery). Ultimately, momís health deteriorated within two years, spreading to her brain. It was painful to watch her go from her beautiful, vibrant self to not knowing her own family. My heart aches just writing this. Through it all however; she was never bitter nor did she ever lose her faith. She passed away at the age of 89. My sister started treatments shortly after her double mastectomy and she fought so hard for many years. Cancer spread throughout her body and 5 years ago she could fight no more. She was a warrior and through it all told us she would never have changed anything if she could have. She was a true inspiration to everyone around her. I will try to make time this weekend to create a memory page for both of them with your beautiful kit Em. Dearest Em, I remember reading about your diagnosis and keeping up with your journey Ö you my friend are amazing, such a huge inspiration! Thank you so very much for doing this!
Aww Jill it such a flippen awful disease and so sorry you had to watch two loved ones go through it. You are a warrior too lovely enduring those. I really appreciate your donation thank you so very much and hey share your page here Iíll forward you the link to the free template when you have xoxo
Old 10-07-2021, 07:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

***DSD PORTION OF THE BCA FUNDRAISER IS NOW CLOSED***
Thank you so very much everyone for your donations, you guys are so generous and I am so very grateful and appreciative of your support. Its just so amazing how wonderful our scrapping community is so thank you again for donating and for sharing your heartfelt stories in such beautiful and sensitive pages.

So lets get onto the business end of the fundraiser! Here is a little running tally so far of how much we have managed to raise during the DSD event weekend.
In total 69 Bundles and 4 Kits were sold!

69 x $10.48 = $723.12 USD
4 x $5.39 = $21.56 USD
A total of $744.68 USD so far!

Of course the BCA Fundraiser will continue to run for the remainder of October so please let your friends know about GENTLY GOES you never know we might get some more donations come through before the month is out.

I will also be of course donating an extra $1 for every bundle sold but you know what I think Iíll be increasing that dollar amount so lets see how we go over the next 3 weeks. I'll be back with the final amount and the donation receipt on November 1st, so stay tuned for an update in a few short weeks!

Now onto announcing the random winner of the $15 Coupon
CONGRATULATIONS TO stephc777

Thank you so much for your beautiful page and donation lovely. Iíve pmíd you so check your messages hehe

Woohoo again thank you so much everyone, my heart is full!
Old 10-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

WTG, everyone! And congrats stephc777!
Old 10-07-2021, 10:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So close! hahah
Congrats Steph!!!

And it's wonderful to see so many donations!
Old 10-07-2021, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That is an amazing amount fundraised! So wonderful!

Thank you for the coupon as well! You are so generous!

Stephanie

Quote:
Thank you so very much everyone for your donations, you guys are so generous and I am so very grateful and appreciative of your support. Its just so amazing how wonderful our scrapping community is so thank you again for donating and for sharing your heartfelt stories in such beautiful and sensitive pages.

So lets get onto the business end of the fundraiser! Here is a little running tally so far of how much we have managed to raise during the DSD event weekend.

4 x $5.39 = $21.56 USD

Of course the BCA Fundraiser will continue to run for the remainder of October so please let your friends know about GENTLY GOES you never know we might get some more donations come through before the month is out.

I will also be of course donating an extra $1 for every bundle sold but you know what I think Iíll be increasing that dollar amount so lets see how we go over the next 3 weeks. I'll be back with the final amount and the donation receipt on November 1st, so stay tuned for an update in a few short weeks!

Thank you so much for your beautiful page and donation lovely. Iíve pmíd you so check your messages hehe

Old 10-07-2021, 02:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Steph and thank you Em for sharing the $ tally!
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Congrats Steph and thank you Em for sharing the $ tally!
Aww thank you Jill xo
Old 10-07-2021, 09:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
So close! hahah
Congrats Steph!!!

And it's wonderful to see so many donations!
I know right if there was a little wind it might of clicked over lol!
Old 10-07-2021, 09:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm sitting here in tears for so many reasons.

Thank you to those who shared their stories. To those of you who lost family members, friends to this horrible disease, my heart goes out to you. To those who have fought and won, congratulations, you are such warriors. For those who are getting themselves checked for whatever reason, way to go!!

As some may know I fought this battle back in 2006 and as many know I was diagnosed again in April of 2020, battling cancer during COVID has been an interesting journey. Battling it twice has been exhausting and hard, even though I knew what to expect. Stage 3 triple-negative both times, has created some interesting issues, but I got this. ♥

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Em for bringing this to the forefront, creating a stunning bundle, and for donating to a cause that is close to so many women, and men.

Remember to do those exams every month, and if you are concerned about something see your doctor, push them if they won't listen to you, you know your body ♥
Old 10-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aww Stephanie, so happy you are happy! yay and great choices of purchases too I was like ooh yeah nice picks when I saw your coupon come through hehe!
Have fun x

Last edited by EmStafrace; 10-07-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
I'm sitting here in tears for so many reasons.

Thank you to those who shared their stories. To those of you who lost family members, friends to this horrible disease, my heart goes out to you. To those who have fought and won, congratulations, you are such warriors. For those who are getting themselves checked for whatever reason, way to go!!

As some may know I fought this battle back in 2006 and as many know I was diagnosed again in April of 2020, battling cancer during COVID has been an interesting journey. Battling it twice has been exhausting and hard, even though I knew what to expect. Stage 3 triple-negative both times, has created some interesting issues, but I got this. ♥

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Em for bringing this to the forefront, creating a stunning bundle, and for donating to a cause that is close to so many women, and men.

Remember to do those exams every month, and if you are concerned about something see your doctor, push them if they won't listen to you, you know your body ♥
Aww lovely wrapping you in the warmest of hugs. And everything you said I say in unison! Youíre amazing Jo you truly are my friend. xoxoxox
Old 10-08-2021, 10:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

4 x $5.39 = $21.56 USD

WOW this a great amount fundraiser
I was curious to see how much it can be and I'm so happy it goes this way, let's hope it'll grow again along the month!
I'm so happy for you Em, it was such a great cause and this post is really special!
I love you did it!
Old 10-08-2021, 11:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Steph!

Old 11-03-2021, 12:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Hi everyone,
I am so excited to let you all know that we raised a total of $1317.97 USD when this was converted to Aussie dollars our final donation amount was a grand total of $1680.00

How awesome is that! Together we have been able to support more research not just into breast cancer but into improving treatment and medicines. This is a fantastic and wonderful thing we have achieved and I am truly grateful for your generosity!

Thank you all so so very much purchasing Gently Goes and giving more patients and their families hope!
Hugs Em xox

Old 11-03-2021, 07:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow! That's wonderful! Thank you for doing this.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Em, that's amazing!!!!! Thank you for doing this!!!

Last edited by cherrygutz; 11-03-2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Em that is amazing!!

Thank you for Em for creating this gorgeous kit/bundle and for donating your proceeds.

Thank you to everyone who purchased the kit/bundle to make this donation possible
Old 11-03-2021, 12:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That's wonderful Em!
Old 11-03-2021, 01:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that is a great amount to contribute! Awesome job everyone!
Old 11-03-2021, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is awesome!