Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 10-12-2021, 10:45 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default Holiday Shopping

So.... has anybody started their shopping? Complete it? Anybody worried about shipping delays....or are you just winging it?


I've started mine....(literally for me:....hubby told me to order my new computer for my birthday/Christmas gift and 5 min laters I hit submit.... LOL), but it's delayed in arriving and will get here just in time for my bday.

I do have my daughter's gifts purchased except for one.....side bar, anyone ever see those antiquarian sticker books.....ahhhhh they are so awesome (she wants some).

Son just wants $ and since I refuse to spend $400 on shoes....well, he's only getting cash.

Hubby, still deciding.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2021, 11:04 PM
tjscraps's Avatar
tjscraps tjscraps is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,937
Default

Have bought 1 thing, which is unusual for me, I'm usually already into my shopping by now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2021, 11:24 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,690
Default

I just ordered something for my daughter, so I guess that's the start of my holiday shopping! I have a list of ideas that I need to add more to before I do the bulk of the buying. In addition to all the supply chain problems, Hanukkah starts in November this year so I need to shop early. I'm crossing my fingers that starting in late October and allowing for a month of lead time will be enough. I should probably start now, but it just feels TOO early. (Famous last words?)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2021, 11:35 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I just ordered something for my daughter, so I guess that's the start of my holiday shopping! I have a list of ideas that I need to add more to before I do the bulk of the buying. In addition to all the supply chain problems, Hanukkah starts in November this year so I need to shop early. I'm crossing my fingers that starting in late October and allowing for a month of lead time will be enough. I should probably start now, but it just feels TOO early. (Famous last words?)
I hear ya..... you may want to start now....so Hubby is buying me a new computer.... last week, I could have ordered and picked up in store. When I actually ordered 5 days later..... it is now taking almost a month to get here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2021, 12:08 AM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,138
Default

I need to buy haven't. Hubby and I don't buy gifts for each other usually. The kids get 3 gifts each plus Santa. The the gifts is modeled from the Wiseman bringing baby Jesus 3 gifts. Keeps it simple. We usually do clothes, books and something fun. Santa usually brings a big ticket item and stocking stuffers...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2021, 12:29 AM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I need to buy haven't. Hubby and I don't buy gifts for each other usually. The kids get 3 gifts each plus Santa. The the gifts is modeled from the Wiseman bringing baby Jesus 3 gifts. Keeps it simple. We usually do clothes, books and something fun. Santa usually brings a big ticket item and stocking stuffers...
Love that approach. Some years hubby and I do gifts other years we do not. I prefer not doing as his wants are always way more expensive than mine…. But this year he bought a dream car so I’m totally on board with an upgraded computer…. Mine is still cheaper!!! Lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2021, 01:44 AM
JoCee's Avatar
JoCee JoCee is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,307
Default

We used to buy the kids gifts for every day of Chanukah but now that they are adults.. they just get $$, much easier. Hubs and I don't really do gifts so that helps, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2021, 08:04 AM
Kiana's Avatar
Kiana Kiana is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 6,789
Default

My kids will most likely just get Visa gift cards.
Hubby ... not sure what he wants, but we usually don't get each other much.
My gift usually is GC to SSD....but now that I am a Babe....I don't need that any more. ROFL!!!
__________________

OFFICIAL SUGARBABE BLOGGER FOR SWEET SHOPPE DESIGNS
ALSO CREATING FOR STUDIO FLERGS | CLEVER MONKEY GRAPHICS
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2021, 08:14 AM
JennNtheBoys's Avatar
JennNtheBoys JennNtheBoys is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 3,225
Default

I've been picking at little things here and there all year... I enjoy shopping clearance sales and even though I haven't gotten out much this year I've still managed to snag a few things.I picked up a lot of supplies this summer to do up more handmade gifts than usual this year and I've been slowly picking away at them. The bulk of my shopping for my kids will be the end of this month and the end of november for bigger items for my kids and then I'll go back to smaller stuff so I don't end up worrying about shipping delays too much.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2021, 01:27 PM
Lidia G's Avatar
Lidia G Lidia G is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,571
Default

My boys are all grown up and they asked that we no longer exchange gifts. Works for me, it's a lot less stressful and much easier on the wallet. We will however buy a few little gifts for the grandkids. I shop for my granddaughter and hubby shops for our grandson. Easy peasy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-13-2021, 02:41 PM
AmieN1's Avatar
AmieN1 AmieN1 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 2,628
Default

I'm a big black friday shopper (like up at ungodly hours to hit the stores (and lines!))

This year, I have started picking up a few gifts. We really only shop for kids & they are at interesting ages where they don't want toys or easy gifts anymore- it's more gadgets & more expensive! For the rest of the family, we just do small, stocking stuffer gifts so I'm thankful for that!

My mom has started shopping for the grandkids & is almost done- she is super worried about shipping times this year...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2021, 03:53 PM
lovely1m's Avatar
lovely1m lovely1m is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,619
Default

I have already started. I have about half bought. I like to start early and spread out so it doesn't seem as expensive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-13-2021, 04:04 PM
just_jo's Avatar
just_jo just_jo is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: The Deep South
Posts: 616
Default

We've talked about it, does that count?

We're changing things up this year. Kids are all getting older and it is just getting too much. We always do stockings, and we do them very nicely if I do say so myself. My kids would rather give up the big gift than the stockings. So we're going with if you are 21 and younger you'll still get a gift and stocking, but otherwise, it's just the stocking and everyone can put a little something into everyone else's stockings to make them a bit more special if they want BUT no personal gifts for each other or them to us. So that means I only have to buy for one child and two grands.

So now that that is decided...have we shopped for anything yet? NOPE.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-13-2021, 04:08 PM
tanyiadeskins's Avatar
tanyiadeskins tanyiadeskins is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 5,814
Default

No but I will soon I am going with small businesses and local if I can. I want to try and help local businesses as much as I can right now. There are just way too many families losing their businesses.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-13-2021, 05:27 PM
bumblebeee's Avatar
bumblebeee bumblebeee is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 526
Default

I am finished, except for my Mom (I am clueless this year as she doesn't need anything and anything she wants she has been just picking it up) and then my cousins two girls. Whom I have ideas for but need to collaborate with their parents to make sure it works.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-13-2021, 05:49 PM
StacyLynn's Avatar
StacyLynn StacyLynn is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 1,119
Default

I have not even started.... no clue what my young adults and teens want.... now that they all work, they usually just buy it themselves....
Hubby and I don't usually buy gifts for each other, but since we have had to buy me a whole new wardrobe this year, I will def be getting him something...
__________________

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-13-2021, 07:25 PM
jaye's Avatar
jaye jaye is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,526
Default

My son’s birthday is end of November so I will deal with that first. He wants the expansion pack for his Nano leaf lights.

For Christmas I always get him socks and underwear, old joke from when he was little, a few gift cards, his favourite chocolate and then cash. Last year there was a nice coat he wanted so I just reduced his cash amount and bought the coat.

My nieces will be a gift card, some cash and a little something else as their birthday is right after Christmas. Brother and sister in law, just a little something like a bottle of wine, beer from different countries etc. Mom and dad is usually a gift card to their favourite restaurant as there is nothing they need and it gives them a night out they don’t have to pay for.

Since I am on my own I always buy myself a gift. I just bought an Apple Watch and put a deposit down on a trip so that may be my birthday/Christmas gift to myself already. It will be up to the bank account to decide, lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-13-2021, 07:39 PM
HavaDrPepper's Avatar
HavaDrPepper HavaDrPepper is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 163
Default

I haven't had any one to shop for in quite a few years so that's not really something I worry about. I will pick up a toy for the dog to put under the table top tree (don't decorate much either).

I do usually pick up a few things on BF for me but probably won't this year. But if I'm lucky... my new car will be here around Christmas. Although with the chip shortage getting worse I'm not counting on it!!!

I saw a news story today that even Christmas trees and decorations are going to be in short supply this year. Artificial trees come from overseas and could end up sitting in various ports. Same with decorations. And, the guy that was from a huge Christmas supplier said they even tried to get set up with real Christmas trees to help but everyone they contacted were already "sold out"... i.e. every tree they had was already under contract.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2021, 06:57 AM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
My kids will most likely just get Visa gift cards.
Hubby ... not sure what he wants, but we usually don't get each other much.
My gift usually is GC to SSD....but now that I am a Babe....I don't need that any more. ROFL!!!
Gift cards makes it easy peasy…. I hear you about the gift card to GC….. normally hubby and I don’t do Christmas gifts either but since he bought a new car I felt it appropriate to get me a gift too!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2021, 06:58 AM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
We used to buy the kids gifts for every day of Chanukah but now that they are adults.. they just get $$, much easier. Hubs and I don't really do gifts so that helps, lol.
Omg yes, money does make it easier…… can’t wait for my daughter to get there! She likes the gift gifts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-15-2021, 06:59 AM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I've been picking at little things here and there all year... I enjoy shopping clearance sales and even though I haven't gotten out much this year I've still managed to snag a few things.I picked up a lot of supplies this summer to do up more handmade gifts than usual this year and I've been slowly picking away at them. The bulk of my shopping for my kids will be the end of this month and the end of november for bigger items for my kids and then I'll go back to smaller stuff so I don't end up worrying about shipping delays too much.
I keep saying that is the method I need to adopt…. And then I don’t….
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-15-2021, 07:00 AM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
My boys are all grown up and they asked that we no longer exchange gifts. Works for me, it's a lot less stressful and much easier on the wallet. We will however buy a few little gifts for the grandkids. I shop for my granddaughter and hubby shops for our grandson. Easy peasy!
That is super easy!! I try to have hubby pick things out on my end….. he is a great gift buyer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-15-2021, 07:02 AM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
I'm a big black friday shopper (like up at ungodly hours to hit the stores (and lines!))

This year, I have started picking up a few gifts. We really only shop for kids & they are at interesting ages where they don't want toys or easy gifts anymore- it's more gadgets & more expensive! For the rest of the family, we just do small, stocking stuffer gifts so I'm thankful for that!

My mom has started shopping for the grandkids & is almost done- she is super worried about shipping times this year...
I’m all about great deals! Yet, I find that I can’t just get into Black Friday shopping so I’m a little envious of those who do and do it well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-15-2021, 09:09 AM
kristalund's Avatar
kristalund kristalund is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,523
Default

We just asked the Kids to put together a Christmas Wishlist since hearing supply chain problems and shipping delays. in 2020 I bought early and had problems returning an item (expensive leggings) so need to be mindful of that this year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-2021, 04:24 PM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,712
Default

We're taking a break from snow & cold and heading to Hawaii a week and a half before Christmas, so that (along with summery things we need for the trip & whatever we get/do on the trip) is everyone's big gift. We're going to do a few little items and I'm sure Santa will bring something. Need to order now, as shipping to here is even slower.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-16-2021, 05:10 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,690
Default

Luckily my kids are older (all teens) and don't have specific things that they really want. My younger 2 still get a gift for every night of Hanukkah, but all 3 are perfectly happy to get cash or gift cards most nights. For the physical items we're buying them I'm trying to strike a balance between ordering early enough that they arrive but not so early that I miss return windows or they've changed their minds or bought it for themselves. We do small gifts for Hanukkah (since there are so many). I'm more worried about 2 birthdays in late December and early January. Neither has asked for anything specific, which ups the chance of me guessing wrong and them needing to return things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
in 2020 I bought early and had problems returning an item (expensive leggings) so need to be mindful of that this year.
This summer I tried to be very on top of the back to school shopping because they were predicting not enough inventory. I ended up with a sweater for my daughter that we missed the window on, but at least it wasn't expensive. A few school supplies, too, but those were mostly inexpensive things that can sit here until a future teacher requests them. Best Buy changed their return window, and my son's mouse only had 15 days regardless of the reason. It ended up being defective (which we found out when he tried to use it 3 weeks later), but at least in that case we were able to go through the manufacturer for the replacement.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-19-2021, 09:35 AM
Dalis's Avatar
Dalis Dalis is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,798
Default

I haven't started, I hate holiday shopping. LOL!!!!
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-19-2021, 01:28 PM
aussiegirl's Avatar
aussiegirl aussiegirl is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,225
Default

I told the girls I want Christmas (and birthday for one) lists by Nov 1st. My girls send me lists but also create lists on Pinterest so that I can "see" what specifically they want!

We are keeping things less expensive and smaller this year. I think we will go back to 4 gifts each total- Want, Need, Wear, Read. Our budget is tighter this year so that should work ok. We also applied for a puppy (through a foster program) so the girls were told if we get him, that would be a big part of their Christmas gift this year).

As far as shipping concerns, my husband works for a shipping company and I know how hard they work! As much as I would LOVE for him to help get all of your gifts to you on time, I would also like to see him some and do things as a family! During the slower parts of the year he already is working 12+ hours a day. They have block out times between the beginning of Nov through Jan where they can't take any days off. So, expecting them to work even harder to get you your gifts, means less time he has to spend with his own family. Just another side of the equation to look at!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-19-2021, 02:33 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,803
Default

I have my niece and nephew done, but that's it. We're all adults now, so we just exchange names and get gifts that way. Our big shopping will be for the family we adopt through the SA. We haven't been giving the information yet, but as soon as we get it, we will shop because their gifts have to be brought, wrapped and to the drop off point by the second week of December.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-19-2021, 10:57 PM
SeattleSheri's Avatar
SeattleSheri SeattleSheri is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,076
Default

I never shop before November, and even then it's typically at the end of the month when the sales hit. I'm not opposed to shopping earlier, but it seems like no one really knows what they want as gifts, so it's difficult to figure out what I'm even shopping for, sigh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:06 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
We're taking a break from snow & cold and heading to Hawaii a week and a half before Christmas, so that (along with summery things we need for the trip & whatever we get/do on the trip) is everyone's big gift. We're going to do a few little items and I'm sure Santa will bring something. Need to order now, as shipping to here is even slower.
We love traveling to Hawaii for Christmas and that's what I prefer, but we were just there in June, so that won't be happening again this year. LOL. I wish though!!!! Have fun... can't wait to see all your photos!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:08 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I have my niece and nephew done, but that's it. We're all adults now, so we just exchange names and get gifts that way. Our big shopping will be for the family we adopt through the SA. We haven't been giving the information yet, but as soon as we get it, we will shop because their gifts have to be brought, wrapped and to the drop off point by the second week of December.
We made the decision a few years ago to only buy for the nieces and nephews..... sure makes the extended Holiday shopping easier on my end. LOL. We usually try to do something in the community as well. It varies from year to year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:08 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I never shop before November, and even then it's typically at the end of the month when the sales hit. I'm not opposed to shopping earlier, but it seems like no one really knows what they want as gifts, so it's difficult to figure out what I'm even shopping for, sigh.
Must be a boy thing.... my daughter keeps adding to her list and little does she know the last part of her gift arrived today. LOL. I just hand her the list back and let her keep on adding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:09 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalis View Post
I haven't started, I hate holiday shopping. LOL!!!!
I do too, unless it's for my daughter. She treasures even the hand made card....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:10 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
We just asked the Kids to put together a Christmas Wishlist since hearing supply chain problems and shipping delays. in 2020 I bought early and had problems returning an item (expensive leggings) so need to be mindful of that this year.
Yeah, that is the problem...and I do worry about that. I see that Amazon has started extending their return/exchange timeframe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:13 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I told the girls I want Christmas (and birthday for one) lists by Nov 1st. My girls send me lists but also create lists on Pinterest so that I can "see" what specifically they want!

We are keeping things less expensive and smaller this year. I think we will go back to 4 gifts each total- Want, Need, Wear, Read. Our budget is tighter this year so that should work ok. We also applied for a puppy (through a foster program) so the girls were told if we get him, that would be a big part of their Christmas gift this year).

As far as shipping concerns, my husband works for a shipping company and I know how hard they work! As much as I would LOVE for him to help get all of your gifts to you on time, I would also like to see him some and do things as a family! During the slower parts of the year he already is working 12+ hours a day. They have block out times between the beginning of Nov through Jan where they can't take any days off. So, expecting them to work even harder to get you your gifts, means less time he has to spend with his own family. Just another side of the equation to look at!
Well I want him at home with his family too..... I tell my kids to roll with it if it doesn't arrive on time. Could be worse, it could be during the pony express days. LOL. I like how you do the gift selection. Sometimes I feel bad for my kids because their friends have these huge piles a gifts around the tree, but we keep it relatively reasonable and sensible. I'm probably to low key for them.....I like practical as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:14 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
We used to buy the kids gifts for every day of Chanukah but now that they are adults.. they just get $$, much easier. Hubs and I don't really do gifts so that helps, lol.
Yes it does.... that 's what I tell my husband. I think he likes the gifts more than me.... but we manage to usually keep it in check.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-19-2021, 11:16 PM
mywisecrafts's Avatar
mywisecrafts mywisecrafts is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Luckily my kids are older (all teens) and don't have specific things that they really want. My younger 2 still get a gift for every night of Hanukkah, but all 3 are perfectly happy to get cash or gift cards most nights. For the physical items we're buying them I'm trying to strike a balance between ordering early enough that they arrive but not so early that I miss return windows or they've changed their minds or bought it for themselves. We do small gifts for Hanukkah (since there are so many). I'm more worried about 2 birthdays in late December and early January. Neither has asked for anything specific, which ups the chance of me guessing wrong and them needing to return things.



This summer I tried to be very on top of the back to school shopping because they were predicting not enough inventory. I ended up with a sweater for my daughter that we missed the window on, but at least it wasn't expensive. A few school supplies, too, but those were mostly inexpensive things that can sit here until a future teacher requests them. Best Buy changed their return window, and my son's mouse only had 15 days regardless of the reason. It ended up being defective (which we found out when he tried to use it 3 weeks later), but at least in that case we were able to go through the manufacturer for the replacement.
Those late December and early January birthdays can be a challenge for sure. My niece is in January and I've already asked for a list that is separate from the Holiday list. LOL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-22-2021, 03:25 PM
craftytam's Avatar
craftytam craftytam is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Magnificent Meridian, ID
Posts: 6,228
Default

I am the worst at shopping early! It sounds like I really need to get on the ball this year. Ugh!
Our daughter, SIL and grandkids are visiting the week after next (YAY!!), so I'll get ideas for what they want then.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-23-2021, 10:28 AM
renatasluis's Avatar
renatasluis renatasluis is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: the netherlands
Posts: 799
Default

I bought some gifts, but it's for Sinterklaas on dec 5th
So i need it a few weeks before christmas.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-24-2021, 09:14 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,592
Default

I've picked up a few stocking stuffers. I'm thinking of giving each kid some cash and calling it done, though I should send something for the grandbabies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-24-2021, 11:54 PM
Dalis's Avatar
Dalis Dalis is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywisecrafts View Post
I do too, unless it's for my daughter. She treasures even the hand made card....
Really, I would love to send her a card then.
__________________





Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-25-2021, 06:02 PM
bienejen's Avatar
bienejen bienejen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 1,693
Default

My mom called and dropped a BIG hint last week that Kohl's just stocked all their stocking stuffer/holiday gift stuff and there was a big puzzle section. Cue me going Friday night while the selection was fabulous! One person done!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content © 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright © 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs – The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative