Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-15-2014, 06:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachyNotion View Post
Hey Kim, thought you'd like this

You know, I generally don't get crushes on younger men because it's all creepy, but Ryan Gosling -- especially in Crazy Stupid Love -- really makes me happy.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Name- Carrie (I was around before, but not consistently, but now I'm here with Meeeegan's crew)

-Age- 36 for a few more weeks

-Where do you live- at 6,300 feet above sea level....just south of Denver

-Where did you grow up - Northern California (I was born in the Strawberry Capital of the World, and lived in the Garlic Capital of the World until we moved when my dad took over the daily operations at a cookie-making factory near San Francisco)

-Married/Single/BF - married for 9 years to the first guy I fell in love with (back when I was 18 but the timing wasn't right)

-Kids - yep. 2 of 'em. Cora is 6 and Nathan is 4.5.

-Pets - nope. kids will suffice for now.

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing - digiscrapping since 2011, paper scrapping loooooong before that.

-Favorite Music/Artists - I like the Mumford and Sons channel on Pandora, Dave Matthews Band, Barenaked Ladies (despite their name), and of course They Might Be Giants.

-Favorite TV Shows - Doctor Who, Once Upon A Time, Castle, and as my 6yo calls it "Let's See If You Can Dance".

-Favorite Drink - coffee in the morning, water the rest of the day, and on a nice sunny summer evening....homemade sangria.

-Other Hobbies - yes. Many. Possibly too many to list. And they run the gamut from reading to scuba diving, crocheting to making furniture, adventurous cooking, yadda yadda....

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student - I actually just quit my job teaching meteorology at a local university. I am supposed to be finding myself a full-time job, thought I wasn't quite anticipating the challenge that would present. So, if you know anyone who's looking to hire a former Air Force officer/meteorologist to consult or manage scientific projects, I'm your gal!

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! Um......

okay....I'm going to upload an avatar now.

Last edited by caliten; 07-15-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Name-

-Age-if you want: 48 Yikes

-Where do you live: southern West Virginia

-Where did you grow up: southern West Virginia

-Married/Single/BF: Married, 10 years in September for the second time. I was married previously for 12 years.

-Kids: 3 - Aaron 23, Morgan 19, and Chance 9. And one precious granddaughter

-Pets: 1 dog (Baloo), and 1 cat (Jeffrey)

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing: 8 years

-Favorite Music/Artists: My favorite is Classic Rock, but my iPod has everything from Metallica to Mozart, Hank Williams to One Republic

-Favorite TV Shows: I don't really watch any TV at all. Catfish is my guilty pleasure occasionally

-Favorite Drink: Sweet Tea

-Other Hobbies: Lots - anything and everything I can do outdoors, household projects, crafts

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student: I am a high school special education teacher going in to my 26th year. I have taught everything from students with moderate and severe disabilities in a self-contained classroom to co-teaching in Algebra and Geometry classes (math geek here)

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL! ohhh so many... just a few:

Old 07-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post

-Pets - 2 frogs
Eeee! another frog owner! I haven't met many others!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliten View Post
-Where do you live- at 6,300 feet above sea level....just south of Denver
Carrie, we're going to Colorado Springs in just over a week (then going on to Crested Butte for the rest of the week). Even though we're your neighbor in Kansas, my girls have never seen mountains so I'm excited to take them.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Name- Marie

-Age-if you want - 52

-Where do you live - Maine (landed back here after spending 20 years globe trotting with the military)

-Where did you grow up - Maine

-Married/Single/BF - Married 18 years, Widowed now for 11.

-Kids - Son Christopher (26) Daughter Cheyanne (almost 14). This is them with my granddaugther Lily

-Pets - 2 cats - Woofie and Serafina

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing - About 3 years now I think.

-Favorite Music/Artists - Classic Rock from the 70s and 80s.

-Favorite TV Shows - Grey's, Revenge, Scandal

-Favorite Drink - Water

-Other Hobbies - quilting, gardening, reading, hiking

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home - work from home 90% of the time and in my office at the hospital 10% of the time.

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL! I have always loved Robert Downey, Jr. - ever since I saw him in Chances Are back in 1989.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 07-15-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What a fun idea!!

Name- Amber!

Age-if you want: 39

Where do you live: northern IN

Where did you grow up, I grew in in Northern Indiana but we lived 11 years in Tampa and that is where we call home.

-Married/Single/BF: Married

-Kids: 3 - yep - girl, boy, girl, boy - 20, 16, 13 and 8

-Pets: 1 dog - Mr. Biggs - pug/boston terrier mix

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing: since 2009

Favorite Music/Artists: My favorite is R&B, especially the 90s era. I love Jagged Edge. I also love old 40s/50s ballad singers like Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee and jazz icons like Louis Armstrong and Frank Sinatra. Sometimes I will listen to classical.

-Favorite TV Shows: Modern Family, Greys Anatomy, Law & Order SVU

-Favorite Drink: I love Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice tea and Iced Passion Tea

-Other Hobbies: Lots - I like to crochet and make perfumey stuff/candles. I also sing pretty much all day long lol

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student: I work right here at home designing and making things for my fragrance line.

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL ... well I happen to think my 6'9" husband is the hottest guy on earth, he is tall, dark, and handsome and he makes me laugh ALL. THE. TIME. His sense of humor is a cross between Bernie Mac and Chris Tucker! I could never love a man that couldn't keep me laughing all the time. BUT... if I had to pick, I would pick Tyrese Gibson hands down, I have loved him since his Coke commercial days! Kevin Hart would be my sense of humor crush, he's not bad looking either but he would need to be a lot taller haha.

Tyrese:

Kevin:

Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

- Name: Melissa

-Age-if you want: 33

-Where do you live: Sydney, Australia

-Where did you grow up: Pretoria, South Africa

-Married/Single/BF: Married

-Kids: 3-year old daughter

-Pets: None

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing: I'm a dinosaur! I've been hanging out in the digiscrap community since 2006.

-Favorite Music/Artists: Anything, depending on my mood. Today is a rock kind of day

-Favorite TV Shows: Doctor Who, White Collar, Once Upon A Time

-Favorite Drink: Coffee

-Other Hobbies: Reading, exploring my new city

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student: Currently at home, job hunting

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL! Uhm, none
Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
Carrie, we're going to Colorado Springs in just over a week (then going on to Crested Butte for the rest of the week). Even though we're your neighbor in Kansas, my girls have never seen mountains so I'm excited to take them.
We do have some fantastic mountains in Colorado. I love sitting at my kitchen table and watching the sunlight spread over them (okay, not this time of year, but in the spring, winter and fall).....ah, it makes my heart happy, which is an amusing turn since I always considered myself a salt-water beach girl.

I've only lived in Colorado for 2 years, and honestly haven't spent much time in C-Springs, but the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is very well done (and often one of the cooler spots in town), as is the cog rail up Pike's Peak (but that's a pricey excursion, even given the "I ate really tasty but overpriced donuts and french fries at 14,000 feet above sea level!" bragging rights). The Air Force Academy Chapel is breathtaking, but I don't know the rules for getting on base if you don't have a military ID. Garden of the Gods is spectacular - and free- but go earlier in the day or during the week to avoid the crowds and actually find a parking spot within a mile of whatever rock you want to explore. I've never been out to Crested Butte, but have heard wonderful things.

I hope that you and your family enjoy your time in "colorful Colorado"!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Name:
Janelle

Where do you live?
I just moved from Colorado (last week) to Utah.

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Northern Utah.

Married/Single/BF
Married to my high school sweetheart now for 7 years.

Kids
We have two kids, McKenna who is 5 and Merrick who is 2.

Pets
No pets, but are seriously considering getting a dog this fall. We'd love to get a rescue dog, if at all possible.

How long have you been digi scrapping/designing?
I started digital scrapbooking in October of 2012.

Favorite Music/Artists:
This is nearly impossbile for me to narrow down. My parents own a small music business in northern Utah, Music to the Maxx (have for nearly 20 years now) and I grew up working in it. I am a pretty well rounded person when it comes to music. I love it all! Well... almost all of it.

Favorite TV Shows:
Oh man, I have so many I'm trying to keep up with right now!
Once Upon A Time
Elementary
Person of Interest
About a Boy
New Girl
Parks & Rec
White Collar
and I love me some shows that are no longer airing new episodes...
Chuck
Frasier
The Office
House
I could seriously go on forever!!!

Favorite Drink:
My hubby makes the best smoothies on the planet! YUM! We always have them while eating chips & (homemade) salsa and watching our TV shows!

Other Hobbies:
I LOVE boating, camping, swimming... Pretty much anything to do with water! I also love to play the piano, but I have to work like crazy for every note I hit!

Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student:
I used to teach 1st grade, but quit after we moved for my husband's medical school journey. I was 9 months pregnant with my son and childcare costs are SO INSANE! We decided it would be best for me to stay home and be mom, especially because we moved away from most all of our family.

And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes:
I absolutely adore Hugh Jackman. He is a man of many talents, and a hunk to say the least!

This was super fun ladies! I am loving getting to know more about each of you!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Name-
Hanna (no h at the end )

-Age-if you want

-Where do you live
Sweden; an hour from Gothenburg.

-Where did you grow up
About 30 minutes from here

-Married/Single/BF
single

-Kids
a 6 yo son

-Pets
I have a cat named Zelda and my son has a bunny named Dora.

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing
I've been papercrafting for 15 or so years. Digi since 2011.

-Favorite Music/Artists
Maroon 5

-Favorite TV Shows
Suits, New girl, Revenge

-Favorite Drink
water, coffee, red wine

-Other Hobbies
cardmaking, painting mixed media, diy

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student
working part time

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL!

Last edited by fifilur; 07-16-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want to play!

Name-
Ana *Paula* (love just Ana or just Paula)

-Age- 34

-Where do you live - Brazil

-Where did you grow up - same above

-Married/Single/BF Married for 7 years to Eans (my first love since we're on high school! Hmm about 20 years ago! )

-Kids - no

-Pets - 3 doggies (a family actually - "mom, dad and their girl" lol)

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing - I've been designing for about 5 years.

-Favorite Music/Artists - Coldplay, Maroon 5, Alicia Keys... these are some of favorites, they are in all my playlists!

-Favorite TV Shows - The Big Bang Theory is my favorite

-Favorite Drink - Water Coconut, orange juice

-Other Hobbies - sewing, painting, drawing, cooking, reading, crocheting, home decor and diy/craft stuffs... this would be a very loooong list!

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student - work from home

Hmm... I can't decide right now but, Oh this is a "precious pic"
I have no more words!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love it girls!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Name- Jessica or Jess

-Age-if you want 37

-Where do you live San Francisco Bay Area

-Where did you grow up Redwood city, @30 miles south of San Francisco.

-Married/Single/BF Married 14 years, been together 20.

-Kids 2 boys. Brody is 6, Jamie is 4.

-Pets W have a pretty orange cat. Her name is Poppy.

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing For about 6yrs now. I'd had PSE for a long time. One day I finally sat down & figured it out so I could scrap my newborn.

-Favorite Music/Artists I'm a blockhead, a diehard New Kids on the Block fan. I also listen to whatever's on the top 40 radio station.

-Favorite TV Shows Anything crime or mystery related. I love Bones, Rizzoli & Isles, and will always watch the Murder She Wrote marathon when it's on.

-Favorite Drink Cherry coke zero

-Other Hobbies I was a dancer for years. Now my son is the little tapper of the family. I love crafts, reading, and going to family friendly places. I also thoroughly enjoy shopping.

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student I'm one class away from nursing school. I work days as a medical assistant & weekends at Macy's.

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL! My husband knows if I ever had the chance, I'd leave him in a heartbeat for Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh, I love the New Kids too! I saw them in concert a few years ago! Jordan is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskab View Post
Name- Jessica or Jess

-Age-if you want 37

-Where do you live San Francisco Bay Area

-Where did you grow up Redwood city, @30 miles south of San Francisco.

-Married/Single/BF Married 14 years, been together 20.

-Kids 2 boys. Brody is 6, Jamie is 4.

-Pets W have a pretty orange cat. Her name is Poppy.

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing For about 6yrs now. I'd had PSE for a long time. One day I finally sat down & figured it out so I could scrap my newborn.

-Favorite Music/Artists I'm a blockhead, a diehard New Kids on the Block fan. I also listen to whatever's on the top 40 radio station.

-Favorite TV Shows Anything crime or mystery related. I love Bones, Rizzoli & Isles, and will always watch the Murder She Wrote marathon when it's on.

-Favorite Drink Cherry coke zero

-Other Hobbies I was a dancer for years. Now my son is the little tapper of the family. I love crafts, reading, and going to family friendly places. I also thoroughly enjoy shopping.

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student I'm one class away from nursing school. I work days as a medical assistant & weekends at Macy's.

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL! My husband knows if I ever had the chance, I'd leave him in a heartbeat for Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Name- Jenn

-Age-if you want - 34

-Where do you live - Southern Maine

-Where did you grow up - 1 mile from where I currently live.

-Married/Single/BF - Married going on 11 years

-Kids - 2 - Almost 9 year old girl, Ryleigh and almost 7 year old boy, Isaac

Here's me and my fam

-Pets - 2 Dogs and 6 chickens

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing - I've been digi scrapping off/on for about 7 years, but I've gotten more into it recently.

-Favorite Music/Artists - I can listen to just about anything. I love country, though. My fav is Zac Brown Band!

-Favorite TV Shows - SOA, The Walking Dead

-Favorite Drink - Water?

-Other Hobbies - Anything crafty! I sew, knit, crochet, refinish/upcycle/repurpose furniture.

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student - SAHM

-And this is important, current celebrity crush or crushes! LOL! Oh boy....here we go...
I have a hot steamy date with this hottie EVERY morning, so he has to be on my list.
Shaun T
:

Channing Tatum:

Charlie Hunnam:

I'll leave it at that.

Gallery
Old 07-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Name- I am Kari! :P

-Age-if you want
I am 32 years old :yikes:

-Where do you live
I live in Wisconsin (the Dairy state) of the USA

-Where did you grow up
Seriously, I grew up a few miles down the road

-Married/Single/BF
I am ENGAGED! to this wonderful man:

His name is Eric <3

-Kids

Bianca is 10, Kai is 8 and Asia just turned 6

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing
Since I was 14 years old! .. so a long time

-Favorite Music/Artists
Big hippy at heart.I love the Beatles, Grateful Dead, Creed, Metaillica, ... to name a few

-Favorite TV Shows
Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, Dexter, OZ, Ackward, Nurse Jackie

-Favorite Drink;
Virgin Pina Colada

-Other Hobbies
Taking photos of my kids, collecting Blue Willow Pottery

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student
I work at a local airport in the gift shop

CT for: Little Butterfly Wings, Kim Jensen, Tracie Stroud ,Amy Wolff, Paula Kesselring , Studio Pix and Prints and Micheline Lincoln
Old 07-16-2014, 02:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I never posted my celeb crush ... I choose Dan Stevens -- aka Matthew Crawley from Downton Abby.

... and check out the trailer to his new movie

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...t-trailer.html
Old 07-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I never posted my celeb crush ... I choose Dan Stevens -- aka Matthew Crawley from Downton Abby.

... and check out the trailer to his new movie

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/c...t-trailer.html
YES, HIM!!!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Name: Annet

Age: 30 (after 10 months I am finally comfortable saying that :P )

Where do you live: The Netherlands

Where did you grow up: Also in the Netherlands, could go and specify the small towns I've lived in but I am sure no one here knows it haha.

Married/Single/BF: Single

Kids: Nope, but I do love my sisters 2 daughters as if they were my own. After her divorce, the three of them moved in with me for a while. We really got even more close during that time.

Pets: Not anymore, had a bunny and some gerbils. But since I'm away from home quite often I didn't get any more pets after they died.

How long have you been digi scrapping: This is the 4th year. Man did I really buy all those kits and templates in just 4 years?!

Favorite Music/Artists: So many! To name a few: Lea Michele, Green Day, Foo Fighters, Racoon, Jacqueline Govaert, Guus Meeuwis (the last 3 are Dutch)

Favorite TV Shows: The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Once Upon A Time, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Lost, Fringe, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Masterchef USA, ... (yeah I watch a lot of shows...)

Favorite Drink: Diet Coke

Other Hobbies: Reading, writing, hanging out with friends, visiting concerts and music festivals, going to the theatre, especially musicals, and last but certainly not least: I adore everything Disney and visit Disneyland Paris as often as possible!

Do you work: I work with mentally disabled people, guiding them in their everyday life. So that means early morning shifts and late night ones, but I love that about my job. I'm not an office hours type of girl.

Current celebrity crush or crushes: Ian Somerhalder, and I'll always have a weak spot for Johnny Depp. My ultimate crush was Cory Monteith, but unfortunately he passed away last year.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Name- Angela, but I'm usually just called Angie or Ang.

-Age-if you want - 30

-Where do you live - Tasmania, a large island off the south-east coast of Australia.

-Where did you grow up - Again Tasmania, I moved to the mainland for university, but I moved back afterward to care for my parents before they died and we're now raising the kids here.

-Married/Single/BF - I've been married for about 5.5 years.

-Kids - Tristan who is 4 and Stella who is 19 months today.

-Pets - Raz, my 12 year old tabby cat who is still my baby boy despite having two human babies now haha.

-How long have you been digi scrapping/designing - Almost three years.

-Favorite Music/Artists - I like a bit of everything, which my husband loves because it means he can pick whatever he wants to listen to in the car and I always go along with it lol.

-Favorite TV Shows - Anything sci-fi or drama, I lap up both.

-Favorite Drink - Herbal tea with nothing added! I drink a couple of pots a day.

-Other Hobbies - I'm a national award-winning beauty reviewer in Australia so I guess that's a hobby lol - I get paid with (a lot of) products, not cash, so I just call it a hobby. I also love video games and decorating my home (we're right in the middle of renos at the moment most of which I've designed).

-Do you work/stay at home/work from home/student - Over the past couple of years I've been working from home, then running my pop culture business from a store-front and then working from home again. I just sold off my business so I can start post-graduate studies next year once my son starts school. So at the moment, I'm a SAHM in limbo lol.

I think you ladies have already covered all the bases! I see some fine, fine specimens in this thread already.