Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-22-2015, 11:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Digi-scrap software for newbies

My cousin loves to scrapbook but likes the very basics. She has CS5 but doesn't like it and really doesn't have much time. Is there another program that is easy to use (like I used to use Memory Mixer and it was pretty much step by step) that will still allow digital downloads from the Sweet Shoppe? Anyone know?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:19 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I think My Memories Suite does. I checked the features list and it said you could use the installed kits or browse for other content on your computer.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to LOVE Memory Mixer. Their newer versions are not always compatible with modern computers (i.e. if you are running Yosemite on a MAC it will not work. When I was on a PC, I think the newer version had a problem with QuickTime). If she is using a PC, check first but it might be ok.

Before the problems with compatibility, the only thing I was really not able to do with Memory Mixer was use templates from the Sweet Shoppe. I could use my Sweet Shoppe kits. Memory Mixer was one of the first programs I used when I went digital. I did get Photoshop Elements but didn't love it and always went back to Memory Mixer. I would still be using Memory Mixer if I could get it to run as easy as it used to. In fact, if they could get it figured out so that I could run it on an updated computer I would switch back immediately.

I've switched to My Memories Suite 6 because it actually runs on my MAC. I haven't used it much but what I have done works fine and easy. I've been using it a lot to create cards for pocket scrapping from the tons of Sweet Shoppe kits I already own. It is super easy for me to do this with My Memories Suite.

Last edited by scrap2day; 09-23-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Id honestly suggest PSE... its much more user friendly than CS5 but offers so much more flexibility and power than some of the other scrapping softwares out there.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

what robin said!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Paint Shop Pro x7 is a little more basic than Photoshop but can still do a lot with it (kinda the midway point between the simple small programs and PS)... it's what I use and it does a great job, BUT for someone just starting out I'd try to steer her towards PSE... I want to switch over really bad, but because PSP is what I know I am finding it twice as hard to make the switch. :S
Old 09-23-2015, 12:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would also recommend PSE... at least she can use templates to start the ball rolling - that is how I started to learn PSE was by using templates. haha Also, if she gets stuck, others are more likely able to help her since it will be "similar" to photoshop. I was able to teach my aunt how to use PSE a few years back - and she will tell you that you can't teach an ol' dog new tricks... yet, she has done like 5 scrapbooks already! haha
Old 09-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Id honestly suggest PSE... its much more user friendly than CS5 but offers so much more flexibility and power than some of the other scrapping softwares out there.
I already suggested that! I don't know why her husband bought her CS5 but I suggested PSE and that I could show her tutorials. She wants even more simple. I don't think she wants extravagant pages which is totally fine. I think she'd just like to add a few elements to a page with pictures which is why she wanted a more simple/streamlined program.

Too bad she's not close by & I could walk her through it all.