Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Michael's/Joann Craft Store coupon ?

I *think* both Michael's and Joann say they honor competitor's coupons. I just got a 50% off coupon to Joann and since that Bind-it-all thread, I'm really convinced to go buy it. But, I'm not sure if either/both these craft stores will actually carry it/have it in stock. Have any of you actually had success using a competitor's coupon at one of these stores? lol

Also, I hate when I grab somehting that doesn't say it's on sale and go to checkout and use my coupon and the clerk is like, it's one sale for 10% off so you can't use your 40% coupon. Have you ever asked them to adjust the product to it's full price and then use the coupon on it? I HATE when I go buy something and it's on sale and my coupon would've been a better deal.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post
Have you ever asked them to adjust the product to it's full price and then use the coupon on it?
Yeah, I tried and they said no. The cashier said they had no power to change the price programmed in and weren't allowed to use the coupons on those items, period. That was Michaels up here in Canada.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have never done it but if you keep checking you will see that there is one whole week that Michael's does NOT have a sale so that would be the best time to use it!!! You may want to check Hobby Lobby too (if you have one near you anyway!)

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 10-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have used Jo-Ann coupons at Michaels but never tried Michaels at Jo-Ann's.

However, I have asked Jo-Ann's to adjust an item to regular price so that I could use a coupon and they did it cheerfully. That was a few years ago so I don't know if they still would do that.

I don't think I've seen Bind-It-Alls at either place. Have seen them at Archivers though.

Let us know if you find a BIA at Michaels or Jo-anns.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yep! I too use joanns at michaels all the time! Michaels is closer, so I go there more.

they used to adjust the prices... about a year ago probably, michaels started having signs saying they couldn't do it anymore. boo!
Old 10-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only craft stores we have around here are Michael's, Joann's & Hobby Lobby and I've never tried using one of the competitors coupons at the other store, although I too have heard they'll take them. But I do know none of those stores here carry the Bind-it-All, that's why I had to buy mine at my LSS for $60. It would have been nice to buy it with a coupon though!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh dumb! They don't sell Bind-it-alls?! That is just crappy because we have like one LSS here. lol.... well, I can still check.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was wondering if they sell them online (at last joanns) because you can get good coupons for online--but then you have to pay for shipping.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

you should ask your LSS if you can maybe get a discount on yours that you buy from her....i am saying this b/c i used to own a store..and if someone wanted me to "match" a price that joann's, michals, or hl was having..i sometimes would do it...PLUS if you buy the machine from her..you will have to get the sipplies from her..since she might be the only one aroud you that sells them....

michaels made me mad yesterday..they didn't give me 20% off my books that i had a coupon for..GRRRRRRRRRRR! I asked and they acted like i was a bufoon for even asking...whatev..got some awesome books......LIKE I NEEDED THEM...................omg...WHY! do i buy more and mroe STUFF! ?!

xoxo

Old 10-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm a dork, but what's LSS?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Local scrapbook store

I didn't know either when I first started hanging around digi sites.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am not sure that Michaels or Joann carries the Bind-it All. I looked at both of their online stores and didn't see it. I did go and search and found one for $49.99 which is a pretty good price. Course I want the new pink one so I'm gonna have to pay full price.

Bind it All

Old 11-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Why to use competitors coupons when you can get 60% with Joann coupons on its Black Friday sale, I've got this one with a flyer, sharing with u guys with love.

[IMG]joanns-coupons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Live-60off.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use to work at Joanns when I was in HS and yes they take all competitor coupons so you can go to hobby lobby and print the coupon they always have on their site and use it a million times in joanns. shhhhh don't tell, lol!

And no they'll never adjust the item to full price. you just have to wait the sale out. they do it on purpose though becuase they always have coupons. You can get around it by using competitor coupons. they're always doing coupons at the same time as sales so they don't have honor the coupons.