Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Sea World?

Anyone been to Sea World lately? My mom told me yesterday she'd be interested in taking my sister and our two kids to Sea World (Orlando) later this summer. Looking for advice on how to score the best deal on ticket prices, hotel recommendations, etc. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them!
Old 06-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been there (California) in years...but would love to take my 2 little ones soon
Old 06-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have been (San Antonio, though). Free admission so I'm no help there either. We went after having lived in the PNW, and, I actually felt guilty about seeing the whales at Sea World instead of in the wild while we lived in WA. However, my girls loved it, the highlight for them was feeding and petting a dolphin. I went as a kid, back when there were more Sea World's around, and I remember touching a dolphin being the highlight for me, too.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here ya go Kendall:
https://www.undercovertourist.com/or...-orlandoesort/
http://www.mousesavers.com/florida-d...nts-and-deals/
http://www.mousesavers.com/florida-d...nts-and-deals/

as far as hotels, we always stay at my parents timeshares. The website itself might have hotel information. Otherwise https://www.choicehotels.com/

There's also a board at disboards on it: http://www.disboards.com/forums/sea-...overy-cove.32/

We went back in 2008 and it was fun. The shows were great and there was a lot to do. Back than, you could get a voucher for a 2nd day free. Not sure if they do that anymore.

Last edited by aussiegirl; 06-21-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If you or any of your family are military (active or veteran), you can get free tickets through Waves of Honor. You can pick Sea World, Sesame Place or Busch Gardens. You can use Waves of Honor once per year. It's a great way to save money.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I've never been, but now that they are discontinuing their whale shows, I will consider it.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewtertm View Post
I've never been, but now that they are discontinuing their whale shows, I will consider it.
That is good to hear! I watched blackfish last year and it made me so sad (sorry to be a thread downer lol)
Old 06-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have only been to Sea World San Diego, twice. We went 2 years ago and my kids LOVED it. We went in April right after all the California Spring Breaks were over and both Legoland and Sea World were EMPTY. We walked onto most of the rides. It was amazing.
But sorry, I have no experience with Orlando Sea World.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Does going circa 1990 count as lately?!

That's the last time that I went so no help for you although I could dig up my old pictures for a laugh.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Does going circa 1990 count as lately?!

That's the last time that I went so no help for you although I could dig up my old pictures for a laugh.
haha I went in 91' !

I'll never forget it! My sister and I had HORRIBLE sunburns (canadian..yo) and we wanted relief SO bad so we thought if the whale show sprayed us with water it would feel SO nice! We got sprayed good.. didn't know until after the fact how bad saltwater feels on sunburned skin lol
Old 06-22-2016, 01:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
haha I went in 91' !

I'll never forget it! My sister and I had HORRIBLE sunburns (canadian..yo) and we wanted relief SO bad so we thought if the whale show sprayed us with water it would feel SO nice! We got sprayed good.. didn't know until after the fact how bad saltwater feels on sunburned skin lol
oh ouch!!!!!! Just reading that made me cringe!!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:31 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

This was my younger son's favorite place (in San Diego) for some time. We would use our AAA card & buy yearly passes. They were paid for in 2 visits & came with some perks.
The other thing we've done is Craig's list in that area. Some people got tickets through work & would sell them.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
haha I went in 91' !

Oh, dear Lord. Bless your sweet little Canadian hearts. Seriously though, that sounds awful.

Logan was 6 the last time we went. I've heard it's changed a lot (probably for the best in most ways). We shall see. We're booked for July 30-August 2, so hopefully it will be a fun way to close out the summer.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We just went to the San Diego one a couple months ago, but we got free military tickets, too. If you want to do one of the dolphin or beluga whale encounters, make your appointments early. My boyfriend really wanted to do the dolphin one, but it was all booked when we got there at opening time. He did the beluga whales though and loved it. They very quickly gave a discount on it, too, so don't be afraid to ask for that. Nick's highlight of the whole day was petting a dolphin, too. We went to the San Antonio one years ago, but never been to Orlando's.