Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2013, 01:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor Finale! *spoilers - don't read if you haven't watched!*

I have to say, this was one of my favorite seasons for quite a while. Probably since Boston Rob won.

Random thoughts...

Has it really been 9 months since this season ended for Brenda to be about ready to give birth?

SO over all the stupid drama about Dawn - both from her and everyone else. My GOSH...it's SURVIVOR!! A GAME!!!! And BTW, did her face look really puffy to anyone else?

And also, Brenda, what a LOW-BLOW to make Dawn take her teeth out. I really wish Dawn would have just said NO. I'm really sick of people who play this game and get their feelings hurt. And for a favorite? Even worse. Don't play it if you can't separate emotion from strategy (I think Cochran said that he could do that.)

Did anyone else find it weird that they only talked to a handful of the players? Not even all the people on the jury got to speak.

I want to know what franchises Sherri owns that made her a millionaire.

Really really happy that Cochran won. He really is very articulate and knows exactly what to say most of the time. He handled final tribal amazingly well. And he obviously got every vote - I wonder how many times that has happened?

Next season looks interesting!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

yes it's 2am here...and I JUST finished watching it..I went to bed and just couldn't sleep thinking about who won. I didn't get to watch it earlier this evening but I had to get up and watch all 3 hours of it

SO glad Cochran won!

I couldn't believe it's been that long either since it wrapped up. I read it finished filming last summer!

I hated how Brenda was at Dawn during the final tribal..felt bad for Dawn and agree she should have said no. Still didn't win her any votes by doing it. Cochran won unanimously with all the votes. Will Sherri and Dawn split the 100k?

Sherri owns 6 food franchises of sorts. She has two Wetzel's Pretzels (we don't have those here..only Auntie Anne's), a Cinnabon, a Haagen Dazs, two Jimmy Johns

and wow Rudy is 85 years old!!! He looks fabulous. So sad when I heard his wife died a few years ago

going to bed now but I'm sure I'll weign in more tomorrow

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, it's been almost a year since this season was filmed. Since Jeff Probst got married (he married Mark Paul Gosselar's ex-wife... just for trivia), they only film Survivor in the summer. They do two seasons back to back. So last season with Malcom, Lisa Whelchel, Skupin was filmed first, then Malcolm turned around and went right back into the game for the season that just finished. This season finished filming last June. I read that Probst changed filming to summers so he can take his family with him (I think there are 2 step-children) and not mess up their school schedule. So yes, it's been a long time since they filmed that season which makes the reunion less climatic.

I was just reading Dalton Ross's recap and he theorizes that they didn't talk to many of the pre-jury people so it wouldn't be as obvious that Brandon Hantz was not allowed to come to the reunion special.

Also happy that Cochran won. He's such a fan and he made some big mistakes in game play his first time. Nice to see he learned and came into his own this time.

Last edited by MissKim; 05-13-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I was a little worried watching the final tribal that Dawn might actually pull it off. So I was happy Cochran unanimously won. He really deserved it. He was strategic, calm and really grew as a person.

As for the Brenda/Dawn moment, while it was totally done to embarrass Dawn, I understood why Brenda wanted her to be vulnerable like that. It was true that she said she would leave without the teeth and good for Brenda for calling her out on it.

I think Malcolm needs his own show...he is just so likable. That poor little girl couldn't even speak she was so into him. Loved that he won the money, although Brenda was a good second choice too.

I can't wait to see the new season. Do you think it's family members vs. group of strangers?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love Malcolm...but he's a terrible actor lol...

So glad Cochran won..when he won that last immunity I told DH he'd just won the game.

I felt sorry for Sherri a little..she was just a little clueless about how she floated through.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Most surprising moment of the night? Eddie is an EMT? Somehow I missed that. I couldn't believe that both he and Sherri somehow thought if they made it to the finale they could win.

YAY for Cochran winning! I do think the blame placed on Dawn was a bit unfair. They made a lot of decisions together and really her relationships were the reason they were able to make the big moves they did (Corrine, Malcolm, Brenda). I know that's how it goes but she basically earned Cochran a part of the million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I can't wait to see the new season. Do you think it's family members vs. group of strangers?
The rumor I heard is it's returning players and their loves ones. Like Rupert & his wife, Kat and her cousin, etc. Could be interesting if they all start on opposite teams.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Not much to say other than what you've all said already. I was so relieved when Cochran one the reward challenge. I knew then that he'd probably win the final immunity challenge. And, I was very happy that he won. The next season looks interesting . . . I'll definitely be watching.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was SO happy that Cochran won...he just plain deserved it. He wanted it so bad, but wasnt cocky or paranoid or crazy about it! He played a straight up smart game. And I just love his way with words.

I think next season will involve family members somehow too...that sounds fun. Can't wait to see!

Anyone else heartbroken for Eric? I dont think he would have won, but what a horrible way to leave the game!

I agree about Malcolm's acting - it was horrible! LOL You could tell he was SUPER nervous!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Most surprising moment of the night? Eddie is an EMT?
IKR? I was like "wha?" And right after that they put up his name with "Fireman/EMT" after it and I told the boys I had never seen the EMT by his name before. Definitely weird! I may have to go back to a previous episode and check.

I read that this was the second time the winner got all the votes and yes, the other 2 split the money. Which is irritating that Sherri got anything.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post

I read that this was the second time the winner got all the votes and yes, the other 2 split the money. Which is irritating that Sherri got anything.
it's the third

Earl and J.T got all the votes too

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 05-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
Will Sherri and Dawn split the 100k?
I read an interview with Erik (who was really pissed about the finale, that he didn't get to talk or tell anyone what happened to him) and he said that they split the 2nd and 3rd place prizes which ends up being about $93,000 each.

Out of the 3 in the final, I am glad Cochran won. I don't believe Sherri or Dawn deserved it.

And what do you think about the Blood vs. Water thing? Something to do with family?