Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2023, 07:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Enquiring minds want to know ;)

I am a summer person all the way. I HATE being cold. That being said, we can have some super hot days down here in Melbourne, which are not fun either!

BUT, spring is finally here and we are loving it. Nothing like a blue sky, warm sun and the smell of spring in the air. Loving it big time, lol.

What season is your fave, Winter or Summer?

What kits/collections would you like to see to highlight both of these seasons in the coming months?

enjoy the amazing week ahead everyone xx
Old 09-17-2023, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love fall...the colors, the pumpkins, the smells but we don't get fall in Texas. It is just hot all the time except December maybe and January
Old 09-17-2023, 09:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree with Kimberly, I do love fall. Being a native Floridian, we really didn't have Fall or spring, or really winter. LOL!

Michigan really knows how to do all the seasons. Even though overall I'd say this isn't the prettiest state I've lived in, the seasons are the best. I adore this time of the year here.

I guess if had to pick between Summer & Winter, I'd probably pick summer, because we do more, but I hate to be hot.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Spring is my favourite, I hate winter - because it gets REALLY cold here (it's not unusual to get to -30 or -40 for a few weeks each year, with the average being -20 for Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb).

Old 09-17-2023, 09:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd love something included in any seasonal kit about having four seasons in one day. When the seasons are changing it can drive me nuts to have the heat on over night and a jacket on in the morning and then in the afternoon, the air conditioning is on in the car and I'm peeling layers off and hot.
Old 09-17-2023, 09:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I'd love something included in any seasonal kit about having four seasons in one day. When the seasons are changing it can drive me nuts to have the heat on over night and a jacket on in the morning and then in the afternoon, the air conditioning is on in the car and I'm peeling layers off and hot.

Oooooh - yes!! This is where I live! lol!

Old 09-17-2023, 10:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I hate winter, hate being cold, hate how harsh it is, hate it all. So I rarely have pictures I need winter kits for. Summer all the way.
Old 09-17-2023, 11:00 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
this is Melbourne! it is known as the city of four seasons in one day. and yes, that really can happen so I totally know what you are talking about
Old 09-17-2023, 11:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I hate winter, hate being cold, hate how harsh it is, hate it all. So I rarely have pictures I need winter kits for. Summer all the way.
me too. my hubs knows that as soon as it starts to get even a tiny bit cooler, I'm going to start whinging about winter coming, lol
Old 09-17-2023, 11:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Spring is my favourite, I hate winter - because it gets REALLY cold here (it's not unusual to get to -30 or -40 for a few weeks each year, with the average being -20 for Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb).
there is absolutely NO way I could ever live in that kind of weather. you are amazing to be able to get through it every year. I'd be on the first flight outta there, lol
Old 09-18-2023, 12:14 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I love each season for their own reasons.
Summer for the light clothing.
Autumn for the cooling down from the summer heat and all those pretty golden leaves.
Winter for the warm toasty home.
Spring for the pretty cherry blossoms and warmer weather after harsh winter.
Old 09-18-2023, 07:36 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I love fall...the colors, the pumpkins, the smells but we don't get fall in Texas. It is just hot all the time except December maybe and January
Me too - here in Florida it seems like one very long summer
Old 09-18-2023, 07:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fall! Definately Fall!
I love the leaves changing colors, the cooler weather, the warm and comfy clothes (oh how I love Fall clothes shopping for my son), pumpkins, the morning sun in Fall, toadstools.

Old 09-18-2023, 08:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love summer!!
I really do not like being cold.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:32 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Summer is my favorite. I hate being cold.

But I do love the colors of fall. Trees are starting to change and I love documenting it with photos. My neighbor's tree is absolutely gorgeous every year and I take photos of it every year! I love it so much that I did an "October Daily" album last year documenting the colors of fall in Ohio. Gonna do it again this year!

As for kits, I tend to buy autumn kits. Most summer kits seem to be based on swimming and/or the beach and that is something I don't do. I've got enough snow kits to last especially since last year we didn't have that much snow. My neighbor never had to plow my driveway. We'll probably get slammed this year!
Old 09-18-2023, 08:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I like being cold, haha! I am in the season of hot flashes, though, and they are much easier to cope with in winter, when I can just open the door and hang outside for a few minutes! I think I'm in the place where I love all the seasons for all the reasons, but I am always anxious by the end of each season to get to the next one. Right now, I'm longing for the crisp, cool, beautiful temperatures of autumn and for a break from the garden. And then I'm going to want snow and all the coziness that brings. I really do love winter. Until March, and then I hate it and everything about it! I love spring but hate the mud, and I love almost everything about summer, except the heat and the relentless pace of trying to do everything and not miss any opportunities.

Old 09-18-2023, 10:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
there is absolutely NO way I could ever live in that kind of weather. you are amazing to be able to get through it every year. I'd be on the first flight outta there, lol
I feel the same about places where it gets too hot in the summer. Nope, I'm out. lol

Old 09-18-2023, 10:16 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i am NOT a fan of heat (like.. anything above +25c and i'm out lol) I am not made for that weather. I'll take fall and winter any day over summer. I will say that I'm not sure if i i could live somewhere that has winter with a lot of grey sky days. Where I live we get a lot of snow and we have a very long winter but we also see the blue sky most days. Add in that every summer now means wildfires and smokey skies.. it's really not very enjoyable and it's pretty scary.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:18 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It's so much easier to bundle up and be comfortable though.. I always say you can easily get warm in the winter with the proper clothes but in the summer there are only so many clothes you can take off to be comfortable.. haha. I think the fact that we have furnaces to keep our homes toasty and warm helps too.
Old 09-18-2023, 10:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
It's so much easier to bundle up and be comfortable though.. I always say you can easily get warm in the winter with the proper clothes but in the summer there are only so many clothes you can take off to be comfortable.. haha. I think the fact that we have furnaces to keep our homes toasty and warm helps too.
THIS.

I love getting cozy and snuggling up with blankets by the fire. IN summer, when I'm sweating to death and have to change my clothes AGAIN, I dream about cold dry air.

Old 09-18-2023, 10:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a summer person at all. I don't like being hot and I don't like having the air conditioner running all the time! I'm not super outdoorsy, but I love having the doors and windows open. I can't do that when it gets about 80 or so.
Fall, spring and winter are my favorites!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love where I live, as just when I'm getting sick of Summer (Hot & dry) Fall is here and it's cooler and so pretty. Then we have beautiful cold, snowy winters and then rainy, green springs. We get the best of each season- so while I love both winter and summer- I think Fall is actually my favorite.

I love kits that have the fun themed ellies & wordarts for the typical activities of those seasons, as well as the pretty colors of fall and the cooler blues/whites of winter.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:27 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Temperature / weather wise... Spring all the way! I like the crisp fresh air of spring and fall. Winter is too cold and summer is too hot and fall is waaaay too brown. I'm very Goldilocks about temperature, and spring is just right <3

The designers already know this about me but incidentally... fall is my least favorite design "season" because of my anti-brown quirk. Brown is such a meh color. Add orange... bleh. Avocado green.. blech! Just not my favorite color palettes haha
Old 09-18-2023, 12:37 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
The designers already know this about me but incidentally... fall is my least favorite design "season" because of my anti-brown quirk. Brown is such a meh color. Add orange... bleh. Avocado green.. blech! Just not my favorite color palettes haha
I'm not a fan of the color orange at all but do love it in fall kits! But add in some dark greens and magenta and I'm in love! I honestly didn't need another fall kit but I absolutely fell in love with BOHO FALL! It has all the colors of fall that I love.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I'm not a fan of the color orange at all but do love it in fall kits! But add in some dark greens and magenta and I'm in love! I honestly didn't need another fall kit but I absolutely fell in love with BOHO FALL! It has all the colors of fall that I love.
So funny... I almost added "add in a magenta/hot pink though and we're in business" to my post because I definitely thought it!

In all seriousness though, there are some beautiful fall kits in the shoppe that take my breath away when I see them from the designers, and I know I am the weirdo who is like "Blech... brown! Boo... fall!" but I feel that way about pumpkin spice and brown home decor. I like flowers and butterflies and rainbows haha
Old 09-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

you guys make me laugh... my daughter loves winter for the same reason as you KCB.. layering. She is currently living in the UK and has yet to experience her first UK winter... who'll be laughing then, lol!

I get the whole layering thing but, honestly, give me a sundress and a warm day and I am the happiest. Today, in fact, down here, is going to be 27degrees celsius.. warm and divine. I have finally put on a summer dress for the day.. first time in months and I am LOVING it.

Robin, you had me at 'Brown is such a meh color. Add orange... bleh. Avocado green.. blech!' hence I went magenta/gold/greens with my Boho Fall collection, and I do love it, lol

I love learning about you all, and how many layers you are willing to wear, lol!
Old 09-18-2023, 07:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
aww thank you so much, I loved creating that collection xx
Old 09-18-2023, 08:54 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
aww thank you so much, I loved creating that collection xx
I'm looking forward to using it for my October Daily album this year. It is an album of all the changing colors of fall and this kit will be perfect for some of the pages since there are trees around me that turn that luscious magenta color.
Old 09-18-2023, 09:03 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
You made me snorted reading all the 'blech's
Old 09-19-2023, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am not a summer person (more spring and fall). I like the sunshine but not the summer heat. As far as scrapping goes, I love fall kits hands down, definitely my fave.