Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Bumbo seat?

So tell me, is it worth the money? Claire has excellent head and neck control and when she's lying in my arms she's always trying to lift her head up. She even does this when she's in her bouncer. It's almost like she really wants to be upright. I know she'll be sitting up on her own in a few months, so I'd like to know if the Bumbo seat would be worth the money right now?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I bought one used and then a couple months later sold it for the same price I paid for it, Lucas loved it but it is only worth it for those couple months before they can sit up on their own. If you can find one used I'd say its worth it
Old 02-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

I've heard nothing but great things about them. I know that our local children's consignment shops sell them used. Maybe that would be a good place to start.

Oh, and last year they came out with a warning that babies should only be in the seats on the floor. I guess some stronger babies can arch themselves out of the seats, causing it to tip off the table. Just an fyi.

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We had one. We used it with two of our kids. I loved it because I could sit the babies in it and not feel like I had to be holding on to them the entire time.

My son that was four would still sit in it just to watch tv. I guess it was fun for the older ones too.

Even though I still have a baby (well 10 mos is still a baby to me) we had to sell it at Once Upon a Child when we needed some money

But, it was worth the money when I bought it.
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Oh, and I should add that I put my youngest son in a friends bumbo seat once and his chubby little thighs were too fat for the leg hole things. LOL

creating for
* 9th & Bloom * Jennifer Barrette Designs * Polly & Rufus Designs *

Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE mine, and honestly, I still can use it for my 2 and 4 year olds. If I'm doing something with them I want them to sit still, I just have them sit in it. They both still fit fine in it, and they think it's a game. It's actually pretty funny to see them in it.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We had one and my son loved it. My cousin hated hers, but I think its because she would put him in it on top the table and then leave the room so he would try to arch out of it and then the one time she did find him almost all the way out but his fat leg was caught in it and pinching it. Though I still fully think it was her fault. We never had an issue with ours and it was great to use as a traveling high chair when we went places that didn't have one.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I used ours all the time with our first, she loved it and still tries to sit in it at 3. Our second, wouldn't have it and she was one of the little buggers that would arch out of it right onto the floor so we gave up putting her in it.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I really wanted one for my son, but borrowed a friends just to see if it would be a good fit for him. He had a skinny little bum and tiny legs so he moved around in it a lot, but he loved it for the one month we borrowed it, after that he was sitting on his own and hated being in it, so I'm glad we could borrow one and didn't have to buy!

My Etsy Shop
Proud to be creating for :
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I was the same as Kristin, bought a used one on eBay and resold it on eBay for the same price LOL. I've got to say in some ways it was good but if Ava dropped a toy she had no way of reaching for it so it was basically a series of me handing her the toy... her dropping it... me handing her it... her dropping it LOL xxx
Old 02-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

I actually JUST bought one for my son yesterday so I hope he likes it! He sat it in yesterday a few times, but only for a few minutes each time. I never used it with my other two boys though so we'll see.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

One of my best baby purchases ever.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Loved it with my two youngest and wish I'd have had one with my oldest. Definitely worth the $ for us! Ours is at my mom & dad's house now and the older (2 & 3 y/o) kids use it like a booster seat at the kitchen table now and then when we need an extra.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yep..used it all the time with Avery from about 3 1/2 -5 mos. It doesn't get as much use as other baby gear but it really is good for those couple of months when they're tired of laying flat but still can't sit on their own. We used it in resturants ALL the time..we'd just sit him right up on the table with us lol

Old 02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
One of my best baby purchases ever.
Totally agree with this! I wish I would've had one with Carter (5 yrs).
My 3 mo. old LOVES to sit in it while we're in the kitchen - he can be right at eye height (ya - I set him on the counter. I've read the warnings.)
The tray? I found to be worthless and returned to the store. You had to lift the seat up (with baby in it) and backwards to hook the bottom part - THEN try to shove the tray down on the foam seat. Totally a hassle. Just the seat? Awesome-ness.

Fan of:

Old 02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I'm not sure. I have one for my 6 month old. It's nice to put her in it. However, she arches her back and tries to get out. So you can't leave her sight. We bought a Excer-saucer for her for Christmas. WE LOVE THIS. She sits up with it and now spins and plays.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ohh man-we LOVED ours-Landen sat it in till he was at least 3 or so...he probably still would if we wouldn't have sold it...I sold it for only 10 bucks less than I paid for it.
It was AWESOME!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm not sure. I have one for my 6 month old. It's nice to put her in it. However, she arches her back and tries to get out. So you can't leave her sight. We bought a Excer-saucer for her for Christmas. WE LOVE THIS. She sits up with it and now spins and plays.
It's probably just her age...DS started doing this with his too after about 5 mos so it's really a short-lived use.. Now we used our exersaucer forever! He loved that thing! lol

Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We used one with both of our little guys and they LOVED it! We had the tray too...we didn't use that as often as we thought we would have.

We saw great results with both of our boys using them...they both sat up really early by themselves...our ped gave us permission to use it at 8 weeks and they used it for a few months. It was worth the money for us...it gave the boys something else to sit in and play in.

Last edited by kim21673; 02-20-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yup, we love ours too!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My son loved his!! We used it for the longest time, both so he could sit there with us and then, as a high chair when we didn't really have the room to pull out his full sized one. Plus, we took it with us when we would visit friends so he had somewhere to sit and eat. He's 19 months old now and, if it's gotten pulled out for some reason, still tries sitting in it!!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son loved his and so did I. I got it when he was about 4 months old and used it til he was about 8 months. He could sit up on his own at about 6 months, but I would sit him in it with the tray you can buy to fit on it and used it as a high chair until I got an actual high chair. He loved being upright in it before he could sit on his own. I would put the tray on and give him toys and he really liked being able to look around.