Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Mac and ACDSee

Have any of my fellow Mac users DL'd and tried this yet? I'm curious to know what you think if you have. Yeah or Nah I would really like to organize my goodies to make it easier to mix and match a bit.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't because I spent hours doing mine the Gina Miller way. =)
Old 10-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i didn't know it was available yet to try.. is it?

i signed up for the beta to be notified when ready but i haven't gotten an email yet.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Kristin, when I googled ACDSee Mac it came up with a bunch of different sites with it available to DL. Wierd, unless it's not the 'same' ACDSee..

http://acdsee-for-mac.en.softonic.com/mac Is this the same?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

ohh thats the old ACDsee I think.. before the new intel macs came out.

But the good news is that ACDsee is coming soon for mac and i can't WAIT. lol
Old 10-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

bummer.. I'll keep waiting and watching too then

Old 10-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

There is a much cheaper and better way to find your files if you use a MAC. I always use spotlight, then I don't have to waste hours tagging. I am not sure how designers name there files elsewhere, since I really don't buy much anywhere else, but with they way the SSD designers name their files, all I need to do is type in spotlight what i am looking for. For example, It I want to look at all the paper I have, I just open up Finder, open up my scrapbook supplies folder and then I just search for paper.

I find this much easier, and sometimes, depending how the files are named, I may go in and add stuff, like blue, for blue paper and such. Of course, renaming files is just as time consuming, but, much cheaper, I have found that most of the files, especially the elements, don't need renaming. I may have to add color names to paper files, but that just makes it easier to filter by color.

I just thought I would share my way of finding supplies. I used ACDSEE when I was using a PC. I liked it, but I hated tagging, and most of the time, when I was done, I didn't like the way I had tagged, LOL!

My Sweet Shoppe Gallery
Old 10-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

OH MY GAWWWWSH!! Genius!! Seriously!

ETA: I love that you can enlarge the pics too... i get so frustrated trying to look at the tiny pics!! SWEET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcaudle View Post
There is a much cheaper and better way to find your files if you use a MAC. I always use spotlight, then I don't have to waste hours tagging. I am not sure how designers name there files elsewhere, since I really don't buy much anywhere else, but with they way the SSD designers name their files, all I need to do is type in spotlight what i am looking for. For example, It I want to look at all the paper I have, I just open up Finder, open up my scrapbook supplies folder and then I just search for paper.

I find this much easier, and sometimes, depending how the files are named, I may go in and add stuff, like blue, for blue paper and such. Of course, renaming files is just as time consuming, but, much cheaper, I have found that most of the files, especially the elements, don't need renaming. I may have to add color names to paper files, but that just makes it easier to filter by color.

I just thought I would share my way of finding supplies. I used ACDSEE when I was using a PC. I liked it, but I hated tagging, and most of the time, when I was done, I didn't like the way I had tagged, LOL!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yea you know i'm way too lazy to tag too.. i sometimes use finder or search and i do have a setup right now that i like - i use the program picture arena. Its no longer being updated so i don't know if its still available but in there I keep folders of my fav. designers (so its basically just alot of ssd) but anyways I realy like the way that program handles pngs and its fun to view them. lol
Old 10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I made aliases for all my stuff and have it organized into categories. It has been wonderful for me.