Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Smile My Costco Calendars Came!

Thank you again Kat for helping me get everything figured out and Dani for the beautimous toppers!!!

Okay.. when I set up the pages, I selected full bleed. I guess even with full bleed they still print a border. It doesn't bother me much.. but it would have been nice to have the picture spread across the entire page. The clarity of the toppers (IMO) are phenom!! They look just as they did on my screen.. I am shocked how clear everything looks. I find my pictures are clearer then their calendar grid. The grid isn't really pretty.. if you care much about the 'look' of the grid. It's printed on a nice weight card stock and bound well. For $9.99, I would have them printed at Costco again in a heart beat.

Here are a few pics.. *click to see larger* TYFL!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

very nice! I got two yesterday as well. One from Costco and one from Artscow. I agree with the full bleed and the border around it, the one from artscow doesn't have that.

I kind of like the one from Artscow better. I ordered 3 from them, and 1 from Costco for MIL because it would get here too late. Her birthday is tomorrow, so it's perfect timing. I'll have to get pictures of mine as well to share!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

These look great Kelly!!!

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 12-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used Costco last year and their colors aren't always great, I got my calendars and the colors were terrible, everything looked neon. So I subdued the contrast a lot and had them reprinted. They came back with one page still looking bad, but for time I just printed the one page and glued it over the mishap. Costco has a border which saved me for last year. Their customer service is superb too!

I used Artscow this year and I am BEYOND thrilled. And motivated to make sure I have my calendars done and ready to order earlier than Thanksgiving to avoid shipping delays. I love the full bleed and customizing options and the quality is just hands down the best I've seen!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ladies!!

I wish I could try Artscow.. but I can't because I work on a Mac and the 'stuff' you DL to help you set up your calendars, isn't compatible. *not sure if that made sense* Perhaps next year Artscow will be Mac friendly.