Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Amazon Prime Day

Hey all!

Anyone taking advantage of Prime Day? I'm anxious to get started on my Christmas shopping but don't know what are good deals. What are you getting?
Old 10-13-2020, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just browsing for some things for my teen daughters room that she wants for Christmas, but haven't found anything great yet....
Old 10-13-2020, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I took a look this morning and haven't seen anything yet that was too good a deal to pass up. I'm guessing that us Canadians don't get half the deals the US gets as we don't get anywhere need the same selection in products.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am watching...I got a pair of headphones for hubby so far...nothing else. I am still hunting for a laptop but nothing has jumped up. I am shopping but not buying yet.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:17 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So far, I've picked up a new marker set, a new set of Cuisinart pots and pans that had a $75 coupon, and a memory foam mattress topper for one of the kids. Still watching for fun stuff. We'll see!
Old 10-13-2020, 03:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubby just pointed out a website called camelcamelcamel.com you put the URL of the item in the search box it shows you the price trend of the item so you can see the price and if it is a good deal or not...Kind of cool tool to use if you are doing a lot of shopping today
Old 10-13-2020, 03:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I bought a couple of champion sports bras, a firestick (has a faster internet card in it than our current firestick - can move the current one upstairs to replace our very old roku lol) and some novelty socks for my husband's Christmas stocking =)
Old 10-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I am watching...I got a pair of headphones for hubby so far...nothing else. I am still hunting for a laptop but nothing has jumped up. I am shopping but not buying yet.
Best Buy is having some good sales today/this week(?) too. We got a laptop for DS. He's currently using my old one but it's starting to make funky sounds and the screen is detaching from the casing. Anyway, just another option for you to check for deals.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started my Cmas shopping!!
Old 10-14-2020, 07:42 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Amazon devices and subscriptions are usually good deals. I bought a new 10" Fire tablet for my son and a Kindle Unlimited membership for myself. Only other thing was a set of headphones that I'd been planning to buy anyway, but they were only about $3 off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 07:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes, lol! I got a new set of suitcases we needed desperately. Plus a lot of other things for Christmas. I have things coming from Amazon, Target, Box Lunch, Old Navy and Walmart.

The hubby upgraded his TV too, he was pretty excited about that.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I took a long look around yesterday and today but I didn't find any major deals on the stuff I have had my eyes on.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:08 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I ordered an Instant Pot (don't have one yet) and a bean bag cover for stuffed animals (have one already). My husband ordered a couple of Echos. We had 2, gave one to my mom before we lived overseas, and have unpacked all of our boxes from overseas now and haven't come across the other Echo. Today I'm going to get one more order in... the Echo wall clock! It looks like a clock, but it also shows you how much time you have left on the timers you've set. I think it will be helpful for my kids while they're doing school at home.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I did order me a pair of Echo Earbuds. We'll see how I like them. I so tired of fighting with my iPhone earbud strings.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bought another EHD, but it just happened to coincide with Prime day. There are probably some good deals in there, but I don't have the bandwidth to search for them right now. I did read an interesting article yesterday that a lot of stores are matching (or beating) Prime pricing.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

DH has been wanting a monitor to use with his work laptop, so we just bought one at Dell. They're having deals to compete with Amazon, too.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I bought another EHD, but it just happened to coincide with Prime day. There are probably some good deals in there, but I don't have the bandwidth to search for them right now. I did read an interesting article yesterday that a lot of stores are matching (or beating) Prime pricing.
I shopped around and for something, like toys I got Harper for Christmas I got from Target because their prices were similar, but Target offered those extras like $25 off $100 toy purchase and 5% off with my target red card (I only have the debit).

Sean’s TV Amazon had the best deal for what he wanted.

They’ve been saying all week this might be bigger than Black Friday sales, and I never buy anything special when we go, I’m usually done by then, so it was nice to take advantage of some deals.

Nothing mind blowing other than our luggage it was over $100 off for a 2 piece samsonite set.

I got Coop a kindle fire 10 for Christmas back in August and saved more on in then.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
I shopped around and for something, like toys I got Harper for Christmas I got from Target because their prices were similar, but Target offered those extras like $25 off $100 toy purchase and 5% off with my target red card (I only have the debit).

Sean’s TV Amazon had the best deal for what he wanted.

They’ve been saying all week this might be bigger than Black Friday sales, and I never buy anything special when we go, I’m usually done by then, so it was nice to take advantage of some deals.

Nothing mind blowing other than our luggage it was over $100 off for a 2 piece samsonite set.

I got Coop a kindle fire 10 for Christmas back in August and saved more on in then.
I'm glad you were able to find some good deals! I envy your ability to do your holiday shopping now too!
Old 10-15-2020, 08:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We found a great deal on a Samsung tablet we've been wanting to get our youngest to replace his very outdated iPad. His birthday is close to Christmas, so he'll get that for one of them. Then I just got some stuff we needed around the house - KT Tape was on sale so I got more of that (I fractured a bone in my foot and tape is helping me deal with it until my podiatrist referral goes through). I got a new multi-device charger for our charging station to replace our dying one, and my husband got a new computer case he had been eyeing. We didn't find as many Christmas gift deals as we did last year, but overall not bad.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I got a fabulous deal on a cordless vacuum for the stairs. It is from the same company that I got my vacuum/mop for the hard floors which I love, so I am hoping to love it just as much!
Old 10-17-2020, 09:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I completely forgot about it! :-( Now reading about the goodies you all purchased, I'm bummed. My bank account probably is happy though - lol!
Old 10-17-2020, 04:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I got a fabulous deal on a cordless vacuum for the stairs. It is from the same company that I got my vacuum/mop for the hard floors which I love, so I am hoping to love it just as much!
Lorie, what brand did you get? I need a new one for our stairs!
Old 10-17-2020, 04:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I didn't have a lot of time to shop... really only Tuesday morning. I got a set of wine glasses (just simple stemless ones), and a charger with multiple usb ports.