Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 02/17 Oops

I get distracted and forget things so often have "oops". What about you?

Tell me about an "oops" moment you or someone you know had recently.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My big "oops" moment was last night. We ordered stuffed crust Pizza Hut pizza which I have not had in over 2-3 yrs (since going low carb). The price of their gluten free pizzas are not worth it to me and don't taste anything like the real thing. But...I had a moment of weakness and decided to order two medium pizzas so we could each order what we wanted and we'd each have enough for dinner again the next night (tonight). I know my hubs really likes their pizza so knew he'd be thrilled.

So, I figured this probably wouldn't happen again for a long time so wanted to really enjoy the splurge. I ordered a stuffed crust Supreme for myself.

Pizza came, we sat in the LR, eating our pizza and binge watching some shows for the night. We both started falling asleep in our chairs, around 11:30, so I took Taz out for a minute and we went to bed.

Ugh....this morning I walked into the kitchen and there was the leftover pizza, sitting out on the counter. I hadn't put it in the fridge. I don't think my hubs had gone into the kitchen all night so he didn't notice either. So, no leftovers tonight. It's in the garbage, I'm pretty sure you can't leave pizza out for 10 hours. I'm actually ok with it b/c as good as it was, I should probably not push it, eating that many carbs and especially it being white flour which I avoid like the plague. My hubs was looking a little sad about it b/c he knows I won't order that again for a loooong time. He doesn't eat low carb but I don't often order in for him b/c I try to cook healthy foods at home, trying to balance out his diet, b/c I know when he's out he eats a lot of crap. We never go to Pizza Hut b/c their low carb options are pretty non-existant for me.

So that's my "oops" moment. So know I have to figure out what to have for dinner since there's no leftovers.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ahh....I have too many to mention really. My memory is shocking, so I'm always blaming the kids for not telling me something and they're frustrated because they've told me 3 times already. Ugh, pretty sure I'm a candidate for Alzheimers in years to come.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am always doing bonehead things, honestly. My husband loves to tease me, lol. The last big one was I ordered four concert tickets to go see Panic at the Disco with the kids ... except I accidentally did it for the other part of the state 3 hrs away instead of 15 min from our house.

Thankfully it was over the summer months and we just did a little weekend away, but sheesh lol.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Ahh....I have too many to mention really. My memory is shocking, so I'm always blaming the kids for not telling me something and they're frustrated because they've told me 3 times already. Ugh, pretty sure I'm a candidate for Alzheimers in years to come.

This is ME!!! I tell them all the time, add everything to the calendar or I WILL forget....

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-17-2020, 03:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

A big one, that no one will ever let me forget... When our movie theater went to assigned seating with the new recliners, I did not realize what was the front of the theater or what was the back.... booked all 6 tickets for the front row.... which we all hate.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 02-17-2020, 07:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Food tends to get left out here often. I swear, I just forget about it and don't go in the kitchen again. The advantage we have is that we have so many animals that nothing goes to waste. I will give a little to the rats and then give the rest to the chickens and ducks. Sometimes the dogs get a treat, but only if I know it won't give them tummy issues.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have quite a few everyday - just because I get pulled a million different directions at one time!

At the beginning of the year I took a big Happy Planner to work and now jot down everything I need to do each day - and jot down things throughout the day and that's really helped me.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

at present I am looking for my wallet.....big oops!
I last saw it Friday, didn't realize I had misplaced it until yesterday afternoon when I was going to go get groceries. Haven't left the house since I got home from work Friday at 3..........where oh where can it be?!

Not in my desk at work, or in my friend's van (she gave me ride home Friday), not in my computer bag which I had at work (checked three times). Not in my car as I haven't driven or been in it (thank goodness ds gets his new car tomorrow).

If anyone finds a bright pink Coach wristlet please let me know!
Old 02-18-2020, 04:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bought Shawn Mendes concert tickets for my girls and started to get ready to go......except it was a YEAR away!!! Who sells concert tickets over a year in advance????
Then I saw on the news that people actually showed up for the concert so I felt a little better!!!!

Oh, and then I did grocery pickup last week and ordered NINE POUNDS of grapes by accident. LMAO!!!
Old 02-18-2020, 04:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm quite easily distracted these days, so I forget a lot of things, too.

About a month ago, I was going to make this easy recipe for Pesto Chicken (Kraft calls it Tuscan Chicken Simmer, in case you are interested in this very simple but tasty recipe). The recipe is chicken breasts, pesto and cream cheese (the recipe calls for grape tomatoes and other cheese, but we prefer it without those ingredients). I was making my grocery list and, although I thought I put cream cheese on the list, I later realized I had not. So it's time to make dinner, and I'm wondering where in the fridge I had put it. I looked on my receipt, and no cream cheese. Ugh! So, I had to pull something out of the freezer.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a total scatterbrain, and I live from one phone alarm to the next.

The very worst thing I've ever done was about 13 years ago when I had just started buying tickets online (instead of going to a travel agent). I bought two sets of tickets for different trips, and then the day of the first trip, we showed up at the airport at the time of the SECOND ticket...which was 2 hours AFTER our plane had left! Since we lived on an island, we had no choice but to buy new tickets on the spot for three times what we paid for the round trip tickets. : ( : ( : ( I hadn't even LOOKED at the tickets the day of the flight; I was just going off of memory. So now I check our itineraries multiple times before a trip.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:14 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a paper planner, a kitchen cabinet covered in reminder post its, and phone alarms set. Most of the time my 3-pronged system is enough for the important things, but every once in a while my lack of memory still manages to get the best of me!

I had yearly eye appointments scheduled for 2 of the kids the week before school began. Those appointments close to the start of the school year tend to be in high demand and have to be scheduled way in advance at our eye doctor. So we'd scheduled them nearly a year ahead, way before we scheduled our family vacation. Vacation ended the day before the appointments, so no problem. I kept them. Um...yes, problem. I wasn't checking my planner during vacation because vacation week didn't have any plans written in it. (Family reunion at a lake with activities not planned in advance) I hadn't set a phone reminder, because the last time I thought about the appointments (back when we first scheduled the vacation) they were still 6 months away. We were away so I didn't hear the phone reminder the office left, and their email reminder went to junk mail and I never looked there while we were away. So in spite of a planner note, a phone call, and an email, I STILL managed to space on the appointments and not realize we'd missed them until 24 hours later. Oops! I still feel guilty for wasting the doctor's time with not 1 but 2 missed back to back appointments!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yesterday I loaded my groceries in the car, then realized I forgot things already. So I went back in to get the 2 things I forgot. Embarassing!