Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2023, 11:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Video games!

So, Robin's thread about what we all love got me all excited...

I am a gamer and become addicted very quickly. One time I decided to stop everything cold turkey because I was spending too much time playing. It was one of those games where you have to come back when you run out of play points. And I hated that.

Is Stardew Valley like that? Do you have to wait a while to complete certain tasks? Or worse, spend real money to complete things? Because it seems really fun to play and I kinda want to try.
Robin do you play on your phone?

And Grace, Graveyard Keeper sounds fun too! Is it a computer game? Phone? Do you also have to wait a while to complete tasks?

And feel free to add any other video games recommendations or discussion here. Whether it's a phone game or computer or game system...

Last edited by Leablahblah; 10-10-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm old school I guess. I only play Super Mario world on my Switch regularly. Other than that, I've kinda fallen away from video games over the years. I used to love them and had my own collection for the PS4 (or at that time PS2) and Nintendo etc. but now not so much.

I had a few on my phone but even now, those are gone.

Old 10-10-2023, 12:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I'm old school I guess. I only play Super Mario world
I like the old school mario games too.... left to right lol. The ones that are 3d or whatever that is actual give me a bit of motion sickness. Lucas and I will play mario kart every so often but again I can only play so much of that.

When I was a kid my sister and i wanted a nintendo soo bad but our parents wouldn't buy us one lol. We ended up winning one from buying the 2L pops and getting enough to spell NINTENDO from the robber stoppers.. it was some contest. We were so excited when we got that in the mail! lol.

oh and when I was a kid we also had an AMIGA computer.. we had this one game called "faery tale adventure" and to say I was completely obsessed with that game is an understatement. I showed Lucas a clip of it on youtube to show him what the graphics were like when I was a kid... haha.

I don't have the patience needed for farming/building up worlds.. I am just not good at the games like that.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So Stardew Valley is one of the best cozy games ever made. It's a one time purchase that you can play as much as you want forever. There are no in game purchases at all.

It runs on a daily stamina system, so in the beginning you only have so much stamina and you're limited on how much you can do in a day, but as time passes, your farm grows, your stamina grows and you can do more and more each day as time goes on. When I say "each day" you can go to bed in game when your stamina runs out and a new in game day begins.

There are tons of villagers to get to know, TONS of stuff to do (almost to the point it can get overwhelming), but it is an incredibly well done game.

I play games on either the Switch (nintendo has exclusive games like Animal Crossing/Pokemon/Zelda) or the Steam Deck (tons of choice / games are less expensive than they are on the switch and you can refund games on Steam if you've played less than 2 hours and don't like something).

I like playing on a console hooked up to the TV, but I know Stardew Valley is available on mobile, I just don't have any experience with it on my phone or iPad so I can't speak to that experience.

I seriously love gaming and cozy games really have my heart.
Old 10-10-2023, 01:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I like the old school mario games too.... left to right lol. The ones that are 3d or whatever that is actual give me a bit of motion sickness. Lucas and I will play mario kart every so often but again I can only play so much of that.

When I was a kid my sister and i wanted a nintendo soo bad but our parents wouldn't buy us one lol. We ended up winning one from buying the 2L pops and getting enough to spell NINTENDO from the robber stoppers.. it was some contest. We were so excited when we got that in the mail! lol.

oh and when I was a kid we also had an AMIGA computer.. we had this one game called "faery tale adventure" and to say I was completely obsessed with that game is an understatement. I showed Lucas a clip of it on youtube to show him what the graphics were like when I was a kid... haha.

I don't have the patience needed for farming/building up worlds.. I am just not good at the games like that.
We had Atari and Calico (sp?) Vision when I was young. I got Sega when It came out and loved Sonic.
I was obsessed with Burger Time when we had the Calico Vision.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love Stardew and Graveyard Keeper! They are both worth it, and no waiting to complete tasks because there is so much fun to be had!
Old 10-10-2023, 02:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

aww memories with the old computers! I remember using the first drawing programs where you had to use pixels to draw something. What it Corel Draw? or Paint Shop Pro or something like that. Or maybe that came after. I'm not very good with names.

So you play Stardew on the Nintendo Switch then? I love that it's a buy once type of game. I might have to invest! yikes! Another game to game hooked on. lol
Old 10-10-2023, 07:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter is 18, loves Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, she's been trying to get me to play. I use to love to play the Sims, I imagine it's similar?

All the kids have Switch Lites and we have a regular switch too, so I could play and I'm tempted, they have a lot of board games I love in digital form on Steam?

You can tell I don't play any video games, other than Mario Kart. I do love board game apps though, and my phone isn't cutting anymore as I'm getting older, LOL! The screen is just too darn small.

Stardew Valley does have a board game that is pretty highly rated and Keira wants if for Christmas, I was able to snag one finally on this latest printing. Just a waiting for it to get here.
Old 10-10-2023, 08:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That sounds fun! Let us know how you like the board game!

I did love the Sims growing up and into my adulthood but it?s the type of game where you can just waste all day playing it. It?s very dangerous! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
My daughter is 18, loves Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, she's been trying to get me to play. I use to love to play the Sims, I imagine it's similar?

All the kids have Switch Lites and we have a regular switch too, so I could play and I'm tempted, they have a lot of board games I love in digital form on Steam?

You can tell I don't play any video games, other than Mario Kart. I do love board game apps though, and my phone isn't cutting anymore as I'm getting older, LOL! The screen is just too darn small.

Stardew Valley does have a board game that is pretty highly rated and Keira wants if for Christmas, I was able to snag one finally on this latest printing. Just a waiting for it to get here.
Old 10-12-2023, 01:18 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Lea, did you pick up Stardew Valley? Super curious to know what you think!
Old 10-12-2023, 08:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Lea, did you pick up Stardew Valley? Super curious to know what you think!
I actually haven't yet! I'm already super deep into Zelda Breath of the Wild and don't think my husband would approve if I bought another game to add more play time lol

But it is on my list now! But I'll probably still agonize with my decision making, should I buy it for the Switch or for the computer??

Is Steam a paid subscription? or you just buy whatever game and run it through that platform? I'm a bit confused.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I allow myself to immerse in a game every summer and Stardew Valley was it for me! LOVED that game and I'm excited to find time to get back to it when my life settles down again. I heard there's a new update coming with a new type of farm and new dialogue so I'm super excited about that. I advanced pretty far and was close to the end of the challenges in the game, so it will be nice to have new content.

I had several farms because I took a different approach a few times. And once I decided I would just be all about the dungeons and not care about relationships and talking to villagers at all. It's a really fun game and you can play it however you like and still get something out of it!

R, we were looking at Steam Deck for my son (for Christmas). Is there any lag when you're gaming with someone on an actual PC? Do you notice a difference?

Old 10-13-2023, 12:00 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

The SteamDeck is AMAZING Brook! Absolutely recommend it! It's a very powerful device that keeps up with most games. I have the steam dock with mine and have it docked to the TV just like the switch, so I play that way with a controller and play mostly cozy games on mine, but I know it's capable of running bigger games like Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Hogwart's Legacy (amazing game if any of you are Harry Potter fans), and Adriaan and I played Guild Wars 2 on it for a bit which is an online MMO. It kept up really well aside from really BIG fights with dozens of players and visual effects and only then it would lag a bit.

What kind of games is Ben playing online with people? If you let me know what he'd be using it for, I might be able to give you some more solid advice. Gut reaction is that it's an amazing buy, a truly impressive device and I absolutely love mine and it's a GREAT gift for any PC gamer.

Sooo excited for the SDV update coming soon! Love that he's still updating it after all these years and we can't wait for the Haunted Chocolatier too!

Lea, once you have the steam client downloaded and an account made, you can buy games one by one. It's not a subscription like game pass, so you just buy what you want when you want it. They have AMAZING sales throughout the year, have much better prices than games on Switch for example, and they allow you to refund a game if you've played it for less than 2 hours and don't like it which is AWESOME because some games... just aren't great or aren't a good fit. If you have the option to play on the switch or PC... I would play SDV on the PC probably and I'd wait for a sale. Steam's fall sale should be coming soon and it's gone down to $7.49 in the past.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OKAY! Downloading Steam as we speak! That Fall sale sounds like a really good deal.

How many hours a day do you guys play this game? It seems like it would be pretty addictive.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

OMG the Captcha thing to prove that I'm not a robot is ridiculous! I'm on my tenth "select the squares that have a bicycle" or whatnot. And I failed so I have to do it again. Ridiculous! lol
Old 10-13-2023, 01:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ok I got in! Pfeww! One more question, how will I know about the sales? do they send newsletter?
Old 10-13-2023, 02:37 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

So if you wishlist games and allow notifications, they'll let you know when one of the games on your wishlist is on sale. Here are the upcoming STEAM sale dates...

Oct 26 - Nov 2, 2023: Scream Fest (Halloween)
Nov 21 - Nov 28, 2023: Steam Autumn Sale
Dec 21, 2023 - Jan 4, 2024: Steam Winter Sale

The halloween sale might be mostly horror games, but the Autumn and Winter sales will both be good and most games will be on sale. The Autumn sale is their black friday sale, so some of the deeper discounts of the year on games.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
OKAY! Downloading Steam as we speak! That Fall sale sounds like a really good deal.

How many hours a day do you guys play this game? It seems like it would be pretty addictive.
My whole family teased me about my hours when I played SDV- my son is on steam and he can see my play hours so he was usually the one to roast me about it. I played whenever I had free time. Or laundry to do. Or when I should have been sleeping. It's very immersive and addictive. I have a hard time just playing "a little bit" so when I kind of hit a wall in the game, I took a break and plan to get back into it over Thanksgiving/Christmas break when the kids aren't on my computer all day for school (I homeschool 2 high schoolers who don't have their own computers ). It's good for me to take a break sometimes, though!

I remember when I was newly married I got totally addicted and immersed in Sims. I especially loved building the houses and making the families. Stardew reminds me of that but there is a purpose behind it all, which I actually love even more.

I'm all for the Steam Deck, but Ben would rather have a gaming laptop. I personally think gaming laptops are a waste of money and we don't have room for another desk top computer in our small house (also- the kids don't have computers in their rooms... long story but I had an experience as a teen and I just think it's best for the computers to be in a shared space).

Another cozy game that's kind of addictive but not as much of a long haul (it does kind of "end" and you won't get sucked in endlessly) is Littlewood. SUPER cute farming type game, similar mechanics to SDV, pixel graphics, fun little story. Maybe try that first?

ETA: There's a character in Stardew named Robin and she puts you to work... you totally need her the most of any character, kind of a bad ass boss lady. Reminds me of someone...

Last edited by YepBrook; 10-13-2023 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2023, 08:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
My whole family teased me about my hours when I played SDV- my son is on steam and he can see my play hours so he was usually the one to roast me about it. I played whenever I had free time. Or laundry to do. Or when I should have been sleeping. It's very immersive and addictive. I have a hard time just playing "a little bit" so when I kind of hit a wall in the game, I took a break and plan to get back into it over Thanksgiving/Christmas break when the kids aren't on my computer all day for school (I homeschool 2 high schoolers who don't have their own computers ). It's good for me to take a break sometimes, though!

I remember when I was newly married I got totally addicted and immersed in Sims. I especially loved building the houses and making the families. Stardew reminds me of that but there is a purpose behind it all, which I actually love even more.

I'm all for the Steam Deck, but Ben would rather have a gaming laptop. I personally think gaming laptops are a waste of money and we don't have room for another desk top computer in our small house (also- the kids don't have computers in their rooms... long story but I had an experience as a teen and I just think it's best for the computers to be in a shared space).

Another cozy game that's kind of addictive but not as much of a long haul (it does kind of "end" and you won't get sucked in endlessly) is Littlewood. SUPER cute farming type game, similar mechanics to SDV, pixel graphics, fun little story. Maybe try that first?

ETA: There's a character in Stardew named Robin and she puts you to work... you totally need her the most of any character, kind of a bad ass boss lady. Reminds me of someone...
HAHA!! That last comment is everything!

thanks for all the tips! I will get sucked into it for sure. So it's dangerous. But I'll check the other one you mentioned as well.

Oh the Sims... I played many hours as a teenager. I didn't know where the days went.

Robin, thanks for the sales date and the tip on what to do to be notified.
Old 11-03-2023, 06:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Graveyard Keeper is on sale today!!

I bought it for $4.23 with tax!! That's insanely low!

Thanks Robin for telling me to check out the sales!
Old 11-07-2023, 12:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This game is so addicting!!
Old 11-07-2023, 12:29 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Nice! I tried GK when it first came out, but it's getting rave reviews lately, so I might go back to it. $4 is insanely good I've been watching the sales for SDV for you too!
Old 11-07-2023, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm terrible at video games! My boys are big gamers though, so I stay up on my video game knowledge through conversations with them.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Nice! I tried GK when it first came out, but it's getting rave reviews lately, so I might go back to it. $4 is insanely good I've been watching the sales for SDV for you too!
Oh thank you! I'm definitely gonna jump at an SDV sales when there is one. I got an email when Graveyard Keeper got on sale so I'm sure I'll get one too when SDV does.

But I'm easily spending hours playing and I know my husband is frowning upon me for not being productive...
Old 11-08-2023, 06:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Graveyard Keeper is on sale today!!

I bought it for $4.23 with tax!! That's insanely low!

Thanks Robin for telling me to check out the sales!
Did you just get the basic game or the other ones (like Game of Crone)?

Old 11-09-2023, 11:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Did you just get the basic game or the other ones (like Game of Crone)?
I do not know about this?! I'm guessing I got the basic game. What is Game of Crone?
Old 12-01-2023, 03:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So the Black Friday sale didn't really give a huge discount on Stardew Valley so I didn't buy it yet. It was only a few dollars off.

I really hope the next sales will have a better discount.
Old 12-01-2023, 03:40 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

The winter sale around Christmas is usually steeper discounts, so we'll see. I didnt buy anything during the Fall sale either.
Old 12-01-2023, 07:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
The winter sale around Christmas is usually steeper discounts, so we'll see. I didnt buy anything during the Fall sale either.
I actually bought a game that was 50% off at $10 called Unpacking. It's kinda relaxing to unpack a digital house lol

OK! I'm counting on the Winter sale then!
Old 12-01-2023, 11:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This is like you are all talking a foreign language from my slightly older point-of-view. With the daughter out of the house, I no longer even think about the gaming world. But right now I am texting back and forth with her asking questions about the stuff you are talking about.. LOL... older designer problems.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:47 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Unpacking is sooo good Lea!! The story in that in incredible. I was blown away by the subtle story that is revealed as you "unpack" her things.
Old 12-02-2023, 12:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Before, I used to play GTA and Call of Duty on pc. Oh and there's this game I love, Patapon, it was so fun to play! When we had the switch I started playing Zelda Link's Awakening but since it's my daughter's switch, it's hard to have the time to play. So I play Township on my phone for 6 years now, I like it, I love faming and making stuff in the factory and restaurand so I could fill up trains and helicopters. My daughter introduced me to Pocket Camp but didn't get in the program till sometime this year. Also pokemon and Alto's Adventure. Now there's an apple arcade and I'm playing Dead Cells+ and it's so so so good! So for this year, my wishlist is to have my very own Nintendo Switch The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom! I learned I can play the Dead Cells there and the Call of Duty!
Old 12-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Before, I used to play GTA and Call of Duty on pc. Oh and there's this game I love, Patapon, it was so fun to play! When we had the switch I started playing Zelda Link's Awakening but since it's my daughter's switch, it's hard to have the time to play. So I play Township on my phone for 6 years now, I like it, I love faming and making stuff in the factory and restaurand so I could fill up trains and helicopters. My daughter introduced me to Pocket Camp but didn't get in the program till sometime this year. Also pokemon and Alto's Adventure. Now there's an apple arcade and I'm playing Dead Cells+ and it's so so so good! So for this year, my wishlist is to have my very own Nintendo Switch The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom! I learned I can play the Dead Cells there and the Call of Duty!
I looked up Patapon! Seems so fun!
Old 12-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Unpacking is sooo good Lea!! The story in that in incredible. I was blown away by the subtle story that is revealed as you "unpack" her things.
Yes I'm enjoying it and have read the same reviews about the game.
Old 12-09-2023, 01:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I actually bought a game that was 50% off at $10 called Unpacking. It's kinda relaxing to unpack a digital house lol

OK! I'm counting on the Winter sale then!
Fun game but it needed to be 4x as long, imo!

Old 12-16-2023, 09:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Fun game but it needed to be 4x as long, imo!
That's what I've heard! lol I'm taking my time playing it.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Okkkkk....so what are cozy games. Is this like the past trend of Farmville??? Type games??

Besides Super Mario I mostly play things like Freecell on my phone or tablet since it's quick.

But for xmas this year Allen got me a new game for my switch called Fresh Start.
I'd never heard of this game.

Anyone heard of it.
I have the Switch so I'm going to look up Stardew Valley too

Old 12-30-2023, 11:53 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

I haven't played Fresh Start Kiana, but I've had my eye on it. The same company makes a similar game called No Place Like Home where you vacuum up trash on a planet to clean it up, start a farm, take care of critters, etc. I think those games are similar to House Flipper which is also fun.

Emily bought Fae Farm on the Switch for me for Christmas and I have been LOVING it! You wash up on an island town that has magical happenings going on, you help the characters solve those problems all while gathering resources, farming, cooking, you have a house and a farm you can decorate, mines / dungeons to explore. The graphics are beautiful, the fairies and magic are a fun twist, and I've been really enjoying it.

Cozy games are just nice bits of storytelling, less intense game play (no or very easy combat), pretty graphics... it's a whole vibe.

I've been gaming since I was a kid, so I play a little bit of everything... but cozy games have really taken off since Animal Crossing was released during covid and I am LOOOVING it! Animal Crossing was my sanity during covid and creating a beautiful island made my creative aesthetic heart happy haha Fae Farm is scratching a similar itch.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This is such a fun thread! I had no idea you were a gamer, Robin!

I grew up playing games on my Commodore 64 - arcade-style games like PacMan, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, and Frogger; but my favorite was an epic quest type game called Below the Root. And I loved the entire Zork series.

When I went off to college, I met the man who would become my first husband, and we gamed a ton together. Spent a freaking fortune on games back when they were like $50 each. The old Sierra games like Leisure Suit Larry, King’s Quest, Phantasmagoria, Space Quest, Rama … we also played Diablo together. And we did some of the original text-based MUDs, but that’s not exactly a video game. More video game adjacent, I guess.

My 2nd and forever husband doesn’t “get” gaming. He thinks it’s a waste of time when you could be doing something productive or profitable. I keep trying to get him to get a hobby, but he’s not wired that way. <sigh>

These days, I play June’s Journey and EverMerge on my iPad as well as puzzle games, mostly to exercise my brain.

My stepdaughter is a huge Cozy Gamer, and adores StarDew Valley! She’s tried to get me to start playing it, but I’m afraid it’ll suck me in big-time.

Old 12-30-2023, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I haven't played Fresh Start Kiana, but I've had my eye on it. The same company makes a similar game called No Place Like Home where you vacuum up trash on a planet to clean it up, start a farm, take care of critters, etc. I think those games are similar to House Flipper which is also fun.

Emily bought Fae Farm on the Switch for me for Christmas and I have been LOVING it! You wash up on an island town that has magical happenings going on, you help the characters solve those problems all while gathering resources, farming, cooking, you have a house and a farm you can decorate, mines / dungeons to explore. The graphics are beautiful, the fairies and magic are a fun twist, and I've been really enjoying it.

Cozy games are just nice bits of storytelling, less intense game play (no or very easy combat), pretty graphics... it's a whole vibe.

I've been gaming since I was a kid, so I play a little bit of everything... but cozy games have really taken off since Animal Crossing was released during covid and I am LOOOVING it! Animal Crossing was my sanity during covid and creating a beautiful island made my creative aesthetic heart happy haha Fae Farm is scratching a similar itch.
That's what I was thinking cozy games were.
I've been gaming since I was young too. But mostly the intense games, and now as an adult I need to tone it down, but even Super Mario was getting too much, so when I beat it finally which took FOR_EV_ER!!!! lol....I just had to stop.

So I think these cozy games will be what I need. .....lol

If anyone is on Switch....I'd love to connect as I get started with Fresh Start and look into some of the other cozy games mentioned here!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2024, 12:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Just realized I completely missed this thread! I love Stardew Valley and Graveyard Keeper because of all the little tasks you can do, and there isn't any time limit or punishment for missing something. You just wait for the day of the week/season to roll around again if you miss it the first time!

I wanted to get Unpacking, but I just got a bundle of cozy games and have so many games in my backlog. I did get Cat Cafe Manager and Paleo Pines for my kids for Christmas. In Paleo Pines you collect dinosaurs and use them for tasks. My daughter (who's 10) likes games without combat so the cozy games are right up her alley. I like that the steam games have no micro transactions and they take her away from Roblox, which imo looks terrible but all her friends play so there's no completely stopping her from being on it.

ETA: Editing to add as I saw you got Graveyard Keeper, Lea. It has little to no tutorial and it's not intuitive at all. I had to restart my game after looking up how to do stuff on the wiki, as my first go-around was just not successful and I was feeling lost. I'd recommend watching a few youtube videos before you jump into it!

Last edited by GraceLee; 01-01-2024 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 03:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
Just realized I completely missed this thread! I love Stardew Valley and Graveyard Keeper because of all the little tasks you can do, and there isn't any time limit or punishment for missing something. You just wait for the day of the week/season to roll around again if you miss it the first time!

I wanted to get Unpacking, but I just got a bundle of cozy games and have so many games in my backlog. I did get Cat Cafe Manager and Paleo Pines for my kids for Christmas. In Paleo Pines you collect dinosaurs and use them for tasks. My daughter (who's 10) likes games without combat so the cozy games are right up her alley. I like that the steam games have no micro transactions and they take her away from Roblox, which imo looks terrible but all her friends play so there's no completely stopping her from being on it.

ETA: Editing to add as I saw you got Graveyard Keeper, Lea. It has little to no tutorial and it's not intuitive at all. I had to restart my game after looking up how to do stuff on the wiki, as my first go-around was just not successful and I was feeling lost. I'd recommend watching a few youtube videos before you jump into it!
I quickly looked for some tips myself because yes I felt overwhelmed with all the tasks. Now I'm keeping a log of what I have to do next time I get on the game and stick to it until something else comes up.

I did end up buying Stardew Valley, it had a small sale. But I haven't played it yet. I know I'm gonna get sucked in and need to focus on other things first.

I haven't played Zelda or Graveyard keeper in weeks now which has been good to enjoy the holidays fully.