Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2024, 02:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Trivial Tuesday - Jan 2/24 - Resolutions?

Happy 2024! Wondering who has made New Years resolutions/goals for 2024?

Old 01-02-2024, 02:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I jokingly (not jokingly) made a resolution at 10:30 pm Dec 31 that our family would have NO trips to the hospital/ER this year.

That lasted 12 hours into the new year. I gave the dog a bath, she got out of the tub and shook herself off (as dogs do when they're wet) and when I got up off my knees next to the tub to go get her the floor was wet. I went one way, my knee twisted the other way. Took me 20 minutes to get off the floor with hubby and my daughter's help, and another 25 minutes to get down the stairs (we have a 2-storey house).

Nearly 10 hours in the ER later (they were super short staffed), I found out I did not break my knee, thankfully. I did however sprain it really bad. I'm to be non-weight bearing for a week or more, brace for 2-4 weeks and physio to recover. Not really how I wanted to start the year!

Old 01-02-2024, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no!!! At least it's not broken, but that's not a fun way to start the new year!
Old 01-02-2024, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! I have done that before a few times (bad knees and I am a clutz). Hope you can heal quickly
Old 01-02-2024, 07:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank goodness it wasn't broken! I hope you heal quickly.
I'm going for a 40 lb weight loss this year. We'll see how far I get. LOL
Old 01-02-2024, 08:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wowsers, what a way to start the new year!

Personally, I do not really do resolutions.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I jokingly (not jokingly) made a resolution at 10:30 pm Dec 31 that our family would have NO trips to the hospital/ER this year.

That lasted 12 hours into the new year. I gave the dog a bath, she got out of the tub and shook herself off (as dogs do when they're wet) and when I got up off my knees next to the tub to go get her the floor was wet. I went one way, my knee twisted the other way. Took me 20 minutes to get off the floor with hubby and my daughter's help, and another 25 minutes to get down the stairs (we have a 2-storey house).

Nearly 10 hours in the ER later (they were super short staffed), I found out I did not break my knee, thankfully. I did however sprain it really bad. I'm to be non-weight bearing for a week or more, brace for 2-4 weeks and physio to recover. Not really how I wanted to start the year!

Hope you can enjoy scrapping, reading and tv binging as you heal. What a way to start off the new year...yikes.

I have a general direction in how I would like 2024 to go. I am transitioning into more of a mediterranean style plan of eating (I loved it when I was over there this fall). Low carb has worked for me for a long time but since my BP had gotten high, I thought it was time to make some changes.

I want to focus on me...start getting outdoors more, hike with the dogs and go on more photo walks. I want to read more (which I started getting back into in the quiet moments as we were packing and moving). I get up in the morning now and aside from quickly checking my phone, I stay off-line for a few hours, watching the sunrise, reading and enjoying morning coffee.

I also want to get out more and socialize which we didn't do a lot of in Kamloops the 1.5 yrs we were there. We are heading out next week for dinner and drinks in a neighborhood pub with other locals and I joined a 12 week birding course to discover the multitude of parks around me and meet other wildlife photographers. Then I'll join the 12 week spring course too. Now that I don't work, I should have time to fit in all the things I want to do.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:20 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Oh Trina, what a way to start the new year. I hope it heals soon.
I have no major resolutions made this year, just continuing on last year's one, which is to lose the baby weight that's been hanging on me so badly. I have around 10 kg to lose, but it's somehow not going anywhere, no matter how I do my diet
Old 01-06-2024, 06:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh no! That sounds painful. I've had that kind of a fall before.

I don't make resolutions. I just choose a word One Little Word style. My word this year is Progress.
Old 01-06-2024, 09:30 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Goals not resolutions! Too many to list
My major changes are no more door dash and do something that makes me happy at least once a day
Old 01-14-2024, 06:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm trying to create/change habits instead of setting goals, so my first habit change is to be off screens at 8. I really want to grow into not using them after dinner, but baby steps, right?

The other thing I'm trying to incorporate into my life is a ten minute stretching session each day. I've done it 10/14 days so far, and I love that it doesn't challenge me (I like to be comfortable, not challenged.) but I can still feel the difference it's making.