Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Going to attempt to see how many I can do this month...

2. 1pt(3x5 grid layout)

4. 2pt

5. 1pt (grid layout)

7. 1pt + 1pt NR(Libby's 7/28)

9. 1pt +1pt NR (Traci/Shawna's kit 7/21)

16. 1pt

19. 2pts + 1pt for Hybrid (used the color scheme)

30. 1pt +1pt NR(7/7 Libby's)

31. 2pts

37. 1pt + 1pt NR (Libby gradient papers 7/14)

Bonus Challenge template. 1pt + 1pt NR (Libby/Julies kit 7/21)

Total 23pts

Last edited by Milmomma; 07-29-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I'm going to give it a shot this month.

Total Points: 30
Challenge points: 29
NR Points: 1

BONUS PORTFOLIO CHALLENGE #1 - Keely's Cookie - 1 pt.

BONUS PORTFOLIO CHALLENGE #2 - Superlative - 1 pt.

1-We all love a good sketch. Use one of the Sketchy Thursday sketches and create a layout Make sure to link us up to the original sketch -1 pt http://www.flickr.com/photos/sketchy...th/4038138154/

2A. Use one of her quick scrapbook ideas to scrap a page! 1pt up to 5 layouts for 5pts A. Use one strong photo and a centered title. 1 pt. (http://easyscrapbookpages.com/)

2B. Use one of her quick scrapbook ideas to scrap a page! 1pt up to 5 layouts for 5pts B. Span canvas with a 5 by 3 grid of photos and patterned paper - 1 pt. (http://easyscrapbookpages.com/)

2C. 2- Use one of her quick scrapbook ideas to scrap a page! 1pt up to 5 layouts for 5pts C. Fill your canvas with two enlarged black-and-white photos. 1 pt.

3. Create a hybrid Summer Activity Jar (or any type of inspiration jar..it could be journal prompts, fun activities, bucket list items, etc) - 10 pts

16. Wood grain is all the rage in home decoration and graphics these days. Create a layout that uses a wood grained paper for the background. – 1 pt

17. Whether it’s a party with friends, orkids playing outside, or even a nice moonlight dinner, it’s that time of year where backyard living is fun – so create a page that shows us what’s going on in your backyard. -1 pt

18. Use these great firework and sparkler picture tips to help you take some awesome night time photos and then scrap the result. - 2 pts

20. These are Bobbi Brown’s Top Ten make up favorites. Create a page featuring your own Top Ten list about anything you’d like – 1 pt.

22 - I love this print. It just screams, "Summer!" to me. Scrap a page about something that says, "SUMMER" to you. (1 pt.)

27. I love the collage look of printer trays! Use a printer tray to display momentos and memories! -1 pt.

29. Create a layout that is scary! Get creative... scrap about something you are afraid of, something that scares you, or even something your own little monsters have done. Be sure to include the story! -2 pt.

31. Start with you! Scrap a page that's ALL about YOU! - 2 pts. NR - A Better Me Collab - 1 pt.

32. Bring the outdoors in! Use the outdoors as inspiration for your next layout - it could be the topic, design - it's up to you! - 2 pts.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 07-25-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

total - 5 pts

4- What's a trait that you possess that you or others use to define you? Use that trait as a large title on your layout 2pts

16. Wood grain is all the rage in home decoration and graphics these days. Create a layout that uses a wood grained paper for the background. – 1 pt

40 - This quote really speaks to me right now. Scrap a page where you discuss something you either need to accept, or need to change, or both. - 2 pts

total - 5 pts

Last edited by breakingbrie; 07-11-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 14

New Release: 2

Hybrid: 0

Blog challenge 7/10/12 pt.1 and NR pt. 1

Challenge #1 worked w/ Hey Mr. Weatherman by Kristin Cronin-Borrow pt. 1

Original sketch

Challenge #2 worked w/ new release kit Go Outside by Penny Springmann pt. 1Original page

Challenge #20 workd w/ Sunday Mornings Kit By Eva Kipler - pt. 1

Challenge #18 I worked with Boom Boom By Penny's Creative Team and a couple peice's from
I Am Free Kit by Shawna Clingerman pts. 2

Challenge #32 outdoors, used the kit Boom Boom By Penny's Creative Team
2 pts.

challenge #29 scary, I used Sock It to me by Libby Designs
2 pts.

Challenge #19 chalk, worked with kit: A better you By SSD even the font!! (love it!) 2 pts and 1 pt NR

Last edited by Tamie; 07-24-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

1-We all love a good sketch. Use one of the Sketchy Thursday sketches and create a layout Make sure to link us up to the original sketch -1 pt

1 pt. + 1 NR pt. = 2 pts.

22 - I love this print. It just screams, "Summer!" to me. Scrap a page about something that says, "SUMMER" to you. 1 pt.

27. I love the collage look of printer trays! Use a printer tray to display momentos and memories! -1 pt.

35. Blend the lines between digital and paper by adding your own handwriting to a photo! - 2 pts.

2 pts.

Total: 10 pts.

Last edited by NatalieKW; 07-11-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Challenge Tracker

#18 2 points (1 NR point)

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...ll-day&cat=500

#22 1 point

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...esents&cat=500

#39 1 point

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...y-life&cat=500

TOTAL POINTS: 5

Last edited by Buggie185; 07-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total Points = 30

#2 use easyscrapbookpages,com
Generate quick collage using photo editing software. 1 point
http://easyscrapbookpages.com/wp-con...RYLEE-6001.jpg

#2 use easyscrapbookpages.com
Use white mats to make your photos stand out on patterned paper. 1 point
http://easyscrapbookpages.com/wp-con...ve_Matott1.jpg

#2 use easyscrapbookpages.com
Use a strong/large photo and a centered title. 1 point
http://easyscrapbookpages.com/wp-con...2/07/boats.jpg

#3 Create a hybrid Summer Activity Jar. 10 points

#10 Recreate the scene of an older photo and scrap them both. 2 points

#14 Play around with reflections in your photos. 2 points

#18 Night time photos of fireworks - 2 points

#22 Scrap a page that about something that says Summer to you. 1 point

#24 Color mask an element in your layout. 2 points

#28 Use a monogram on your layout 1 point

#30 Scrap a LO inspired by this amazing island party. 1 point

#32 Bring in the outdoors. 2 points

#35 Use your own handwriting on a photo. 2 points

#37 Use an ombre effect in your layout. 1 point

#39 Take a self portrait and scrap it. 1 point

Total Points = 30

Last edited by Suzyann; 07-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

total: 30
NR: 5
Hybrid: 10

#3- Create a hybrid Summer Activity Jar = 10pts

#9- repeating geometric shape =1pt + 1 NR pt = 2 pts

#18- Fireworks: 2 pt +1 pt NR = 3 pts

#20- create a top 10 list = 1 pt

#22- Scrap a page about something that says, "SUMMER" to you. = 1 pt

#30- Scrap a layout inspired by this amazing island party. = 1pt

#31- a page about me = 2 pts + 1 NR pt = 3pts

#32- Bring the Outdoors In = 2 pts

#39- self portrait using a mirror = 1 pt + 1NR pt = 2 pts

Video = 5pts
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_ed...id=n_GSDV4aBMM

Last edited by AmberK; 07-30-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL: 30

1-We all love a good sketch. Use one of the Sketchy Thursday sketches and create a layout Make sure to link us up to the original sketch -1 pt + 1 pt new release (Across the USA kit by Libby)

2- Use one of her quick scrapbook ideas to scrap a page! 1pt up to 5 layouts for 5pts

4- What's a trait that you possess that you or others use to define you? Use that trait as a large title on your layout 2pts

5- use this layout as inspiration for a grid layout of Polaroids filled with different papers and elements. - 1pt

7 - I love the way this blogger used one picture two ways. Do the same on your next LO - use one picture twice, with one being a close-up crop and the other a full body shot - 1 pt. + 1 pt new release KCB's kit

8 - These colors are fabulous! Use this color swatch as inspiration for your next LO - 1 pt.

9 - these advertisements are really cool! Use them as inspiration to create a LO with a repeating geometric shape and tight cropped photos - 1 pt.

15 - Movies and TV shows have given us some of the most memorable words ever said. Use a quote from a film or show and use it to inspire a layout. - 1pt. - Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming, Finding Nemo

17. Whether it’s a party with friends, orkids playing outside, or even a nice moonlight dinner, it’s that time of year where backyard living is fun – so create a page that shows us what’s going on in your backyard. -1 pt + 1pt new release (Cool Summer kit by Yari)

16. Wood grain is all the rage in home decoration and graphics these days. Create a layout that uses a wood grained paper for the background. – 1 pt + 1 pt new release (Heat Wave Kit by KCB)

19. Be inspired by this great chalkboard art and create a layout that looks like it's on a chalkboard. Think black background, pastel alphas and fonts and doodles - or wherever your creativity takes you. - 2 pts

21 - I love the colored concentric circles on this blanket! Create similar concentric circles on a layout! (1 pt)

28. Love everything about this! Use this layout as inspiration and scrapping with a monogram on your page! -1 pt.

29. Create a layout that is scary! Get creative... scrap about something you are afraid of, something that scares you, or even something your own little monsters have done. Be sure to include the story! -2 pt.

32. Bring the outdoors in! Use the outdoors as inspiration for your next layout - it could be the topic, design - it's up to you! - 2 pts.

30. Take a break and enjoy! Scrap a layout inspired by this amazing island party. Use the patterns, colors, or theme. -1 pt. Inspired by some of the colours and the 3 flowers - I used 3 pics.

31. Start with you! Scrap a page that's ALL about YOU! - 2 pts.

33. Where in your life does the line blur between work & play? Scrapbook it! - 1pt. + 1 pt new release (Extra Extra! Kit, KCB and TRaci Reed)

40 - This quote really speaks to me right now. Scrap a page where you discuss something you either need to accept, or need to change, or both. - 2 pts.

Last edited by nanienamou; 07-27-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

#1-We all love a good sketch. Use one of the Sketchy Thursday sketches and create a layout Make sure to link us up to the original sketch -1 pt
sketch used: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sketchy...57622008356007

#8 - These colors are fabulous! Use this color swatch as inspiration for your next LO - 1 pt.

#16. Wood grain is all the rage in home decoration and graphics these days. Create a layout that uses a wood grained paper for the background. – 1 pt

#28. Love everything about this! Use this layout as inspiration and scrapping with a monogram on your page! -1 pt.

#31. Start with you! Scrap a page that's ALL about YOU! - 2 pts. (+1 for New Release - released 7/15, layout posted 7/20)

#32. Bring the outdoors in! Use the outdoors as inspiration for your next layout - it could be the topic, design - it's up to you! - 2 pts.
(Note: I accidentally combined this challenge with #5, I know I can't get points for both, so I will count it for this one since it's worth more!)

#37: Ombre is a trend that seems to be hanging around. Use papers or elements to create an ombre effect on your LO - 1pt.

Total points: 10
NR: 1

Last edited by lynnirene; 07-22-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

so here is my spot:

totaly Points: 21
NR points used: 4/5

1 - Sketch: You 1 pt + 1NR (A better me by SSD - coming out 17th july - used: 18th july)

2 - use a strong photo and a centered title: Birthday - 1pt + 1 NR (And Many More by Studio Basics & Meghan Mullens - coming out 14th july - used 19th july

3 - create a Jar: You are so loved - 10pt + 1 NR (I hope you Dance by Traci Reed - coming out 21st july - used 21st july)

4 - trait: Naughty Girl 2 pt

7 - using Picture twice: Enya - 1pt + 1 NR (Here without you by Krystal Hartley - released 14th july - used 18th july)

16 - using Wood grain as background: Eggs - 1pt

1st Blog Bonus Challenge - My favourite Ride - 1pt

Last edited by *Cornelia*; 07-21-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Blog Bonus Challenge #2
Old 07-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL: 33

NR: 5
Hybrid: 5

2. Her ideas

Use a pieced background and banner to add interest 1 pt + 1 hybrid

Frame Only Part of a Digitally Masked Photo = 1 pt

Begin your page with an oversized digital frame = 1 pt

Block an enlarged photo with patterned paper = 1 pt + 1 NR + 1 hybrid

(NR for using And Many More by Studio Basic & Meg Mullens, LO uploaded on Sat 21 Jul 2012)

Use white mats to make sure photos stand out on patterned paper base. 1 pt + 1 NR

(NR for using Heart Art by Sugarplum Paperie, LO uploaded on Sun 8 Jul 2012)

4 - What's a trait that you possess that you or others use to define you? Use that trait as a large title on your layout 2 pts

6 - be inspired by this vintage Ritz Hotel luggage tag to create a LO with creative title work that uses at least two words that share letters - 1 pt

9 - These advertisements are really cool! Use them as inspiration to create a LO with a repeating geometric shape and tight cropped photos - 1 pt + 1NR

(NR for using To En Vogue Templates #1, LO uploaded on Thu 12 Jul 2012)

19. Be inspired by this great chalkboard art and create a layout that looks like it's on a chalkboard. Think black background, pastel alphas and fonts and doodles - or wherever your creativity takes you. - 2 pts + 1 hybrid

13 - Check out this awesome art journaling tutorial on making backgrounds from Tangie Baxter, and let it inspire a layout. - 1 pt + 1 NR

(NR for using Heart Art by Sugarplum Paperie, LO uploaded on Sun 8 Jul 2012)

15 - Movies and TV shows have given us some of the most memorable words ever said. Use a quote from a film or show and use it to inspire a layout. - 1pt

The title is a reference to The Lord of the Rings. The original runs, of course, "One Ring to rule them all". :-)

31. Start with you! Scrap a page that's ALL about YOU! - 2 pts + 1 NR

(NR for using Forever and Ever - Hearts by Studio Basic, LO uploaded on Thu 12 Jul 2012)

37 - Ombre is a trend that seems to be hanging around. Use papers or elements to create an ombre effect on your LO - 1 pt

25 - For a fun journaling technique, make a word search on a layout. - 2 pts + 1 hybrid

28. Love everything about this! Use this layout as inspiration and scrapping with a monogram on your page! - 1 pt

32. Bring the outdoors in! Use the outdoors as inspiration for your next layout - it could be the topic, design - it's up to you! - 2 pts

33. Where in your life does the line blur between work & play? Scrapbook it! - 1 pt + 1 hybrid

I hope it's not stretching it, but for me work & play combine when I'm listening to future compilations while translating EU legislation. :-) This is a result of such listening. It's a great combo because the music keeps me awake and helps me concentrate and as a result the quality of my work is higher. :-)

35. Blend the lines between digital and paper by adding your own handwriting to a photo! - 2 pts

I used my custom font made by Darcy, hopefully that's OK.

Last edited by adrianka; 07-26-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

A spot for me

Total Points: 1

#16 - Wood grain is all the rage in home decoration and graphics these days. Create a layout that uses a wood grained paper for the background. - 1 pt

Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

12 - Challenge Points
New Release Points
Hybrid Points
4 - Bonus Points

16 - Total Points

1. We all love a good sketch. Use one of the Sketchy Thursday sketches and create a layout Make sure to link us up to the original sketch -1 pt

Masked Marvels Kit by Julie Billingsley
Sketch_041411 by Sketchy Thursdays http://www.flickr.com/photos/sketchy...57622008356007

5. Use this layout as inspiration for a grid layout of Polaroids filled with different papers and elements. - 1pt.

Quite The Artist Kit by Jady Day Studio

10. This is such a neat idea! Recreate the scene in an older photo and scrap both the new and old photo together - 2 pts.

Hello Goodbye Kit by Traci Reed
Layered Titles: Over Time; Wordart 3 by Cindy Schneider
Set 125; Template 3 by Cindy Schneider

16a. Create a layout that uses a wood grained paper for the background. – 1 pt

Carefree Days Collab Kit by Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Zoe Pearn,
Lliella Designs & Sugarplum Paperie
Paper-Lovin' Vol. 1; Template 3 by Nettio Designs
Quite The Artist Kit (Wood Paper) by Jady Day Studio

16b. Bonus Point -1pt.

America Harbor Kit by Julie Billingsley
Memorabilia; Template 4 by Jen Davey Designs

19. Be inspired by this great chalkboard art and create a layout that looks like it's on a chalkboard. Think black background, pastel alphas and fonts and doodles - or wherever your creativity takes you. - 2 pts

A-B-C-D-E-Fum Kit by Lliella Designs
Teacher's Pet Kit by KsQuared (Kristin Aagard & Kristen Rice)
Mint Tea; Template 2 by Little Green Frog Designs

Purrfectly Fuzzy Kit by Lliella Designs
Everyday Trays: Vol. 2;Tray 5 by Kristin Cronin-Barrow

28a. Love everything about this! Use this layout as inspiration and scrapping with a monogram on your page! -1 pt.

Playground Guys Kit by Lliella Designs

28b. Bonus Point -1pt.

28b. Bonus Point -1pt.

Monsterific Kit by Lliella Designs
Summer Lovin': Splish Splash; Template 1 by Nettio Designs

39 - Take a self portrait mirror shot (must use a mirror) and scrap it! - 1 pt.

Uncharted Kit by Krystal Hartley
Pieves of My Heart Templates Set 16; Template B by Kay Miller Designs
Layered Dates: Set 10; Style 2 by Cindy Schneider

2nd July Bonus Portfolio Challenge – July 18, 2012
Make a Layout using at least 2 Superlatives. -1pt.

Country Cuties by Kristin Cronin-Barrow & Lliella Designs
Set 125; Template 4 by Cindy Schneider

Last edited by Timberlyn; 08-01-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

...a wee bit late-but here´s my spot! :thumb up:

#1- sketch challenge:

#2 - Inspired by Easy Scrapbook Pages:

Old 07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm here

1-We all love a good sketch. Use one of the Sketchy Thursday sketches and create a layout Make sure to link us up to the original sketch -1 pt

Lifted: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sketchy...7622008356007/

2- Use one of her quick scrapbook ideas to scrap a page! 1pt up to 5 layouts for 5pts
make a 3x5 canvas - 1 pt

make a collage - 1 pt

scrap a vintage photo - 1 pt

5- use this layout as inspiration for a grid layout of Polaroids filled with different papers and elements. - 1pt

10 - this is such a neat idea! Recreate the scene in an older photo and scrap both the new and old photo together - 2 pts

20. These are Bobbi Brown’s Top Ten make up favorites. Create a page featuring your own Top Ten list about anything you’d like – 1 pt.

31. Start with you! Scrap a page that's ALL about YOU! - 2 pts.

Total: 10

Last edited by Chels85; 07-31-2012 at 08:16 PM.