Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #51  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM
heathergw's Avatar
heathergw heathergw is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 12,773
Default

do you guys remember "Glamour Shots" in the mall? Do they still have those LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Robin Carlton's Avatar
Robin Carlton Robin Carlton is offline
Owner & Candy Keeper
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 24,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
How does everyone do them by themselves? I'd be afraid to mess it up... but I would really like to try that sometime.
Get a cheap tripod and use the self timer or better a remote if you have one. You also can't really mess it up - just shoot tons of pics and pick a few you like - the rest can be tossed Also if you have a iphone, the arms length and front camera so you can see yourself / the angle while you're shooting is REALLY helpful. You wont get full on professional boudoir shots like that but you can get some pretty hot results.

TRY it girls - it's really fun!

R
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM
MandaT's Avatar
MandaT MandaT is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southwest Oregon
Posts: 3,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Get a cheap tripod and use the self timer or better a remote if you have one.

You also can't really mess it up - just shoot tons of pics and pick a few you like - the rest can be tossed

TRY it girls - it's really fun!

R
Pretty much this ^
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
neenee's Avatar
neenee neenee is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,543
Default

I am so excited! You guys gave me the BEST idea. Mine and Jonathan's 10 year anniversary is in September. I think I should do a professional sexy photo shoot for him! He would love it!!!! Yay! I have been wondering what in the world I was going to get him.
__________________


Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
neenee's Avatar
neenee neenee is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,543
Default

Was just thinking....wonder what Aaron thinks of this thread?
__________________


Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Jengerbread88 Jengerbread88 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 3,669
Default

Omg. Glamour Shots. My uncle used to work there! When I was a little girl, I got all dolled up like Sandi in Grease (leather Sandi, not good-girl Sandi) and got my picture taken. I was like... 5 or 6.
__________________

New Siggy Coming Soon
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 PM
alabau's Avatar
alabau alabau is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cache Valley
Posts: 174
Send a message via Yahoo to alabau
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
I am so excited! You guys gave me the BEST idea. Mine and Jonathan's 10 year anniversary is in September. I think I should do a professional sexy photo shoot for him! He would love it!!!! Yay! I have been wondering what in the world I was going to get him.
Oh - great idea!.. ours is in May.. only 1 month after baby, but you never know.. miracles can happen, right?
__________________
~Amber
blog | fb | twitter
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
neenee's Avatar
neenee neenee is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabau View Post
Oh - great idea!.. ours is in May.. only 1 month after baby, but you never know.. miracles can happen, right?
I totally think you should still do it. I'm sure your DH finds you sexy just as you are and well, with the right outfits and photoshop.....we can all be sexy! Thank goodness for photoshop cuz my pics will need it.
__________________


Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Ginger_79's Avatar
Ginger_79 Ginger_79 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Langenfeld, Germany
Posts: 1,257
Default

Oh, I totally should try this, too! After a good time in a long distance relationship before BF moved here, there is definitely enough naughty stuff on his computer anyway to not make me think of where the photos might end up. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
hollyxann's Avatar
hollyxann hollyxann is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 6,576
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann
Default

I have been itching to do some boudoir pictures of myself but my self confidence is WAY down since having Kennedy. Thank you stretch marks, extra baby flab. Although I do have photoshop and I am PRETTY good at using it. lol I really just need to get my butt in gear and tone up my tummy and I'd be happy.

Anywho enough rambling. I have a board on pinterest of boudoir shots that I want to do. I told my bestie that I need her to come over and man the camera for me. I'll set up everything, all she has to do is press the button. I've also thought about just using my tripod and remote.

But first I need some new underwear and lingerie and some white sheets. (what kind of a person doesn't have white sheets of any kind? THIS GIRL!)
__________________

Last edited by hollyxann; 02-28-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM
jenn7's Avatar
jenn7 jenn7 is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: AZ
Posts: 811
Default

I sense a new portfolio challenge coming in the near future.
__________________
~Jenn~
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
MandaT's Avatar
MandaT MandaT is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southwest Oregon
Posts: 3,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
. (what kind of a person doesn't have white sheets of any kind? THIS GIRL!)
<----this girl too.

I didn't even shoot on my 'real' bed. I set up the blow-up mattress in front of our largest window and threw out a puffy white comforter that I bought at Ross, specifically for photo shoots (I used it this winter for a kids' PJ party themed shoot)

Here is one of my favorite blog posts about boudoir shoots.
http://www.undressedimagery.com/?p=233

(PS her blog is pretty dang awesome too for boudoir inspiration)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
yari's Avatar
yari yari is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,899
Send a message via Yahoo to yari
Default

Oh my gosh you guys. I don't know why it never even occurred to me to do this, evah! I think I might feel too embarrassed trying to pose and stuff, like it would be very obvious that I am trying way hard, lol.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
krystalhartley's Avatar
krystalhartley krystalhartley is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas Suburb
Posts: 7,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari View Post
Oh my gosh you guys. I don't know why it never even occurred to me to do this, evah! I think I might feel too embarrassed trying to pose and stuff, like it would be very obvious that I am trying way hard, lol.
I laughed my butt off at first of every single time I tried to do a for real serious, sexy pose because I'm just not the stereotypical sexy type. I have some of those shots, but they make me giggle at myself. I have some of just my body with no facial expression to deal with that are easier, and then I have some playful things that are also funny but meant to be that way to start with, so the silly expressions and stuff are at home.

There's a bit of self-discovery in doing this. It helps me to define what I find as sexy and what he finds as sexy. We sometimes end up in fits of laughter because what might work for others doesn't work for us. Other times, he rushes home from work if at all possible. It's just a fun, new chapter in our lives that I'm thrilled about.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
heathergw's Avatar
heathergw heathergw is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 12,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn7 View Post
I sense a new portfolio challenge coming in the near future.
I think a fun kit for this would be awesome too!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:39 PM
webseitler's Avatar
webseitler webseitler is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 5,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I think a fun kit for this would be awesome too!!!
ROTFL!

Krystal, that will NOT be the theme of our collab. Just. So. You. Know. ::snarf::
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
krystalhartley's Avatar
krystalhartley krystalhartley is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas Suburb
Posts: 7,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
ROTFL!

Krystal, that will NOT be the theme of our collab. Just. So. You. Know. ::snarf::
party pooper
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 7,506
Default

I think you two should consider it. It could be a hit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
webseitler's Avatar
webseitler webseitler is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 5,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
party pooper
that's me.

My arm could be twisted... with the right color scheme, of course.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
krystalhartley's Avatar
krystalhartley krystalhartley is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas Suburb
Posts: 7,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webseitler View Post
that's me.

My arm could be twisted... with the right color scheme, of course.
That's quite all right, darling, I have loads of shabby, sex-less ideas waiting to share with you.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,485
Default

I don't have any white sheets either. I need a set. I need a whole studio actually and tons of props. Gotta have something to distract from the disaster that is me. Really though, DH tells me every day how sexy I am. I shudder most days when he says it because I just don't have the confidence but I'm sure glad he feels the way he does.

That said, our 14th anniversary is in May. I might try to do something for him. A friend of mine did a book for her husband and it was just body parts done provocatively... nothing revealing at all, all rated PG, it was that which was implied that was sexy.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
yari's Avatar
yari yari is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,899
Send a message via Yahoo to yari
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
Other times, he rushes home from work if at all possible.
Hahahahaha! That's awesome!!!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 7,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
I don't have any white sheets either. I need a set. I need a whole studio actually and tons of props. Gotta have something to distract from the disaster that is me. Really though, DH tells me every day how sexy I am. I shudder most days when he says it because I just don't have the confidence but I'm sure glad he feels the way he does.

That said, our 14th anniversary is in May. I might try to do something for him. A friend of mine did a book for her husband and it was just body parts done provocatively... nothing revealing at all, all rated PG, it was that which was implied that was sexy.
I think the implication gets men reeved up more than blatant nakedness, especially from their wives or SOs.

I say you should go for it for an anniversary present. Don't worry too much about arming your self with a lot of props, just go in with the knowledge that you are loved and desired and let those emotions show through. I'm sure the results will be stunning.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 PM
alabau's Avatar
alabau alabau is offline
Sweetness
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cache Valley
Posts: 174
Send a message via Yahoo to alabau
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari View Post
I think I might feel too embarrassed trying to pose and stuff, like it would be very obvious that I am trying way hard, lol.
^^ this is me
__________________
~Amber
blog | fb | twitter
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
MandaT's Avatar
MandaT MandaT is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southwest Oregon
Posts: 3,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
There's a bit of self-discovery in doing this. It helps me to define what I find as sexy and what he finds as sexy.
^ yep!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Joana1n's Avatar
Joana1n Joana1n is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,601
Default

Lynn Michelle is a phenomenal boudoir photographer in the DFW area (she and I used to shoot weddings together and she's an all-around awesome gal!) and she has a blog FULL of eye candy. Lots of ideas there - check it out!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
mrshobbes's Avatar
mrshobbes mrshobbes is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere within 7,107 islands
Posts: 5,370
Default

The whole idea of self-discovery is precisely why I wanna do it! and Nicole and Krystal, you should consider making it the theme for your collab, lol! Who knows, maybe that kit will be what'll spur women to give it a try! (either that, or buy more lingerie, who knows?)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
krystalhartley's Avatar
krystalhartley krystalhartley is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas Suburb
Posts: 7,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana1n View Post
Lynn Michelle is a phenomenal boudoir photographer in the DFW area (she and I used to shoot weddings together and she's an all-around awesome gal!) and she has a blog FULL of eye candy. Lots of ideas there - check it out!
Oooh! Thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM
krystalhartley's Avatar
krystalhartley krystalhartley is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas Suburb
Posts: 7,623
Default

One thing I wanted to add that may or may not be relevant to your own situation, but I think the element of surprise has been key to making this fun and workable for me...to get past some of my anxiety and self-consciousness.

As I get older, I learn more and more about just how men are wired and think. If I even remotely hint at the possibility of taking pics, then his over-active imagination is going to kick in and he'll create all sorts of mental images and fantasies that would then just completely crush my adventurous spirit because I'd be sooooo worried I wouldn't live up to them. So, yeah, I totally have to keep it a surprise or I'd chicken out.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
breakingbrie's Avatar
breakingbrie breakingbrie is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: FLW, Missouri
Posts: 5,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
One thing I wanted to add that may or may not be relevant to your own situation, but I think the element of surprise has been key to making this fun and workable for me...to get past some of my anxiety and self-consciousness.

As I get older, I learn more and more about just how men are wired and think. If I even remotely hint at the possibility of taking pics, then his over-active imagination is going to kick in and he'll create all sorts of mental images and fantasies that would then just completely crush my adventurous spirit because I'd be sooooo worried I wouldn't live up to them. So, yeah, I totally have to keep it a surprise or I'd chicken out.
I totally agree with you there. I've been following along, trying to decide if I've got the guts to try this or not - I'm loving all the links to inspiration!!! I know dh would love it, but there's no way I'd tell him ahead of time - too much pressure trying to live up to what he'd imagine.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,485
Default

Or just get DH involved, let him be the 'director'. Then you're sure to get shots he'll love. We've had many photo shoots over the years... just not many since we had kids. Good thing we had almost 8 years together before the kiddos.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Robin Carlton's Avatar
Robin Carlton Robin Carlton is offline
Owner & Candy Keeper
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 24,522
Default

I saw this the other day and it made me think of this thread a little bit.



Thought you guys might giggle with me

R
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
neenee's Avatar
neenee neenee is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
I saw this the other day and it made me think of this thread a little bit.



Thought you guys might giggle with me

R
So true.....
__________________


Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
neenee's Avatar
neenee neenee is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalhartley View Post
One thing I wanted to add that may or may not be relevant to your own situation, but I think the element of surprise has been key to making this fun and workable for me...to get past some of my anxiety and self-consciousness.

As I get older, I learn more and more about just how men are wired and think. If I even remotely hint at the possibility of taking pics, then his over-active imagination is going to kick in and he'll create all sorts of mental images and fantasies that would then just completely crush my adventurous spirit because I'd be sooooo worried I wouldn't live up to them. So, yeah, I totally have to keep it a surprise or I'd chicken out.
Completely agree with this! This is my DH too. Awesome point Krystal.

There are probably going to be a lot of happy husbands in the next few weeks because of this thread.
__________________


Creating for: Krystal Hartley
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Sherri Tierney's Avatar
Sherri Tierney Sherri Tierney is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenee View Post
Completely agree with this! This is my DH too. Awesome point Krystal.

There are probably going to be a lot of happy husbands in the next few weeks because of this thread.
This totally reminded me of back when I was on Traci's CT and someone shared what they were doing for their husband for Christmas. There were lots of happy husbands then too, including mine.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
heathergw's Avatar
heathergw heathergw is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 12,773
Default

LOL, that's awesome Robin!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM
webseitler's Avatar
webseitler webseitler is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 5,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
This totally reminded me of back when I was on Traci's CT and someone shared what they were doing for their husband for Christmas. There were lots of happy husbands then too, including mine.
LOL! Well, "Yay!" for happy husbands. They let us get away with more when they are happy.

And no way am I going to tell my hubby about any of the things you lovely ladies have put into my head... but I am thinking about our anniversary coming up in June. (NeeNee, it's our 10th, too!)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
lizzyfizzy's Avatar
lizzyfizzy lizzyfizzy is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 14,748
Default

you take mine and i'll take yours, krystal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative