Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-23-2018, 06:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default The Sims

My oldest has asked if I'd install The Sims back on my computer, since I upgraded my hard drive and have the space. Before I did it, I created a new account for her and her sister on my computer, so they weren't playing on my computer crashing it, deleting friends from FB or wreaking other havoc like they have done in the past. I told them "if you want to play The Sims, please 'SWITCH USER" so I don't lose what I'm working on. They all agreed and understood. With that, I turned my computer over to my daughter.

Every day that I've gotten home from work, The Sims is playing on my computer. So I close the game down and log the girls off only to find out that they "LOG OFF" my account, causing EVERYTHING to close out.

Now if you don't know me, or notice a lot of my "oh no" posts, you'll notice, I'm a very forgetful scrapper and forget to save my work--especially when I go to bed. Yup, you guess it. Every night this week I've lost a layout that I have been working on. I have been scrapping the same layout for Lorie for 3-days with NOTHING to show for my work!

Kids.....The Sims

I know we got some gamers here, so who plays The Sims?
Do you PLAY the game or do you just build and create? Do you cheat and use "motherload", or play without cheating? Do you own any expansions? If so, what's your favorite?
Old 08-23-2018, 09:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol!! i'm glad you have a positive attitude about it, ha ha!!

i love playing games too, but I don't play Sims. My daughter and he friends all have it! I play Age of Empires with my husband, it originally came out back in the late 90s and they recently released a re-mastered version of the game.

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I played Sims years ago. I think Sims 3 is the highest I got to. Sims 2 was the one I was probably the most addicted to. I haven't played in years.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We play here, I always cheat, I don't have time for their bathroom needs lol. That being said with the World of Warcraft expansion just released that's what I'm playing now lol
Old 08-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I used to play some years ago, I can't even remember when anymore. And yeah, I used to cheat to get more money, lol.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, no... have had that happen lots.... things like this are why everyone now has their own computers because I just can't share LOL

I have been playing the Sims since it was a Beta before ever becoming a game for people to purchase. I have been through all the expansions since the original, 2, 3, I have 4 but don't play enough to invest in any of the expansions yet. My favorite of the Sims Franchise was the Sims Online.... one of the first MMORPG to go big.... I miss it so much!!!!! I play typically just to build.... I'v recreated our family, I like to recreate our favorite Youtubers, I rarely follow goals and I can never play without the motherlode cheat LOL
Old 08-24-2018, 01:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't play the Sims because I turn into an addict and can't get anything else done. Man, it's so fun!
Old 08-24-2018, 01:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
I can't play the Sims because I turn into an addict and can't get anything else done. Man, it's so fun!
Same. I think the last time I played was in 2006? They came out with a pets expansion or something and it was SO FREAKING FUN. But, yeah. Addicting is a nice way to put it. I often laughed about how I would sit there hungry, having to pee, and un-showered while doing all of those things for my demanding Sims.

I would love to get the game and see what's changed and try it out like old times, but I'm afraid I would never make another kit, template, or scrapbook page again!

Old 08-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm also an addict if I ever turn this thing back on! I would spend my summers playing it all day long instead of enjoying being with friends and going outside...
It's so sad! But building and creating families was so fun! I loved creating my own houses and decorating and such.

I did cheat too sometimes.

As for your girls playing on your computer, I would save up for a small computer and let them have that one to play on.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post

As for your girls playing on your computer, I would save up for a small computer and let them have that one to play on.
They have school computers. They go in spurts on when they want to play The Sims. The last time they played was this time last year. They'll probably stop playing in a few weeks and start something else--or actually spend their days doing homework!

And yes, I am addict. When we first got married, that was the ONLY game I played. I would play from sun up to sun down and wonder where my day went because it felt like just a few hours!! It's totally addicting. I was thankful it wasn't on my computer because I always told myself I could not play the game!! But now it's back.....but I think I'll keep telling myself, no to playing!

We own quite a few of the expansions for Sims 4...I just tried logging in to see what we own, but I don't know how to do that!
Old 08-26-2018, 07:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't play Sims, but we play Roblox instead. Each of the girls (and me) have an account. Most of the time we log out of the game when we are done playing. It's not attached to Facebook or anything, so I don't have to worry about that. I do find that after the girls play on my computer, my number pad is not locked, so it messes up when I go to use it! Oh well. They'll play on their laptop and my computer, and play together in the same game. We all have our favorite games on Roblox and have a fun time playing together or apart. One of my girls even has it on her phone so she can still play if we are all on the computers.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I havent really had the time to scrap or let alone play any games on my laptop but i do have the sims on my phone and go on it when i remember and when im just sitting there waiting on something...
Old 08-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
I havent really had the time to scrap or let alone play any games on my laptop but i do have the sims on my phone and go on it when i remember and when im just sitting there waiting on something...
There is Sims for your phone?! Oh no, I’m going to be in trouble 🤣
Old 08-28-2018, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
There is Sims for your phone?! Oh no, I’m going to be in trouble 🤣
lol, its good but not as good as the original

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2018, 07:47 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I used to ADORE playing The Sims back before I had my kids (mostly Sims 2, I played that a lot and then kind of went over to scrapbooking as a hobby). I kind of miss having the disposable time to play games! Back when I was younger, I used to create families and have generations and generations of children (the genetics system was great in that particular version of the game). I tried picking it up again after my 3rd child was born, but it felt like too much hard work micromanaging digital characters' lives when I could barely manage my own! :P

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 09-04-2018, 08:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Been playing since Sims 1 and still playing. I have all of the packs for Sims 4. My daughter has her own computer to play it on. She and her little brother know mama's computer is a no. They don't even try to get on it...lol!

I don't build as much as I used to, but I will create a house when it's for my main family. I just started trying to learn to create mods, 3D meshes.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to be an obsessive player. I've even scrapbooked my Sims families, lol! I think I'm going to reward myself by FINALLY getting Sims 4 after I finish school in Feb. Because then I'll actually have time to play it.