Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Cindi for sharing your story. That's exactly that, they don't give us label jst to know what would really help him and take a direction. I really think of homeschooling and was nearly ready but In France it's not easy and he doesn't "work" with me, he doesn't like to show me what he did at school and never want to learn with me if it's not by playing. So I don't know if it would really help him. Thank you so much for your support!
How is your youngest now? I'm super curious because when I see my son always behind, I'm scare for him.:/
Hugs to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
It's hard. And I think doctors and teachers are slow to label anyone. My youngest started school a year late and was still behind. He had medical issues and we weren't sure what else was going on. He ended up having learning disabilities, too. We decided to homeschool him so we could modify his schoolwork for him, it worked well for him and he caught up in most things over the years. I understand their reluctance to "label" but sometimes it gives direction on how to help the kiddo! Hugs and good luck to you!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Thank you Cindi for sharing your story. That's exactly that, they don't give us label jst to know what would really help him and take a direction. I really think of homeschooling and was nearly ready but In France it's not easy and he doesn't "work" with me, he doesn't like to show me what he did at school and never want to learn with me if it's not by playing. So I don't know if it would really help him. Thank you so much for your support!
How is your youngest now? I'm super curious because when I see my son always behind, I'm scare for him.:/
Hugs to you too!
We are lucky that homeschooling is so much more common today here. He has lots of homeschooled friends and takes classes with them for the subjects that I can't /don't want to teach.

That son is about to graduate high school. His reading caught up, though spelling is still difficult for him with dyslexia. He will need to have someone proofread his writing for spelling.
His handwriting is terrible, but he can type just fine. Math is REALLY tough for him since he can't memorize math facts. But he is creative and loves to invent things. He is going to an art and design college and majoring in industrial design - he even got a scholarship! So he found something he's really good at that won't use that math. They all have different gifts and you'll find your son's. Hugs!

My favorite quote and the theme of our homeschool: "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein
Old 05-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Were you trying for a girl? / Are you sad you had ANOTHER boy? ... nope, I wanted three children
Was he an accident? ... nope, I had two M/C along the way, he was definitely planned (not that it matters, lol)
Is it the same dad? ... it actually is!
It must be hard "starting over" ... unless you have multiples, you're starting over every time you have a child
We get asked different questions since we have 4 girls.
-Are you going to try for a boy? Ummm, no.
-Are they all yours? Yep, 2 look similar and like their dad, One looks like me. The other one...she's a good mix.
-4 girls huh? I don't know what we're supposed to answer to this one? "Oh no, where did that 4th one come from?!" "No, there are actually 5, can't you see the 5th one?"
Old 05-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Julia - 14

I work full time as IT Consultant, implementing financial systems for companies.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

jarron, 13yo (boy)
jordan, 11½yo (boy)
jamison, 8yo (girl)
old pic (oldest child is now taller than me )

i have a full-time job (programmer/analyst).

Last edited by chinagrrl; 05-10-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Darko: 19 months
Dante: 8 days

I am a SAHM, but I pursue some passions on the side like digiscrap design and photography. Before I stayed home I worked in childcare for over ten years, primarily in the pre-k classroom. My husband is a grocery store manager. I will continue to stay home as long as we can afford it.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have 2 girls

Tessa 10 years old
Lotte just turned 7 last Tuesday

I work in a general practice for 3 days in the week for 20 years now! (I was 19 when I got the job!)
Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
Darko: 19 months
Dante: 8 days

I am a SAHM, but I pursue some passions on the side like digiscrap design and photography. Before I stayed home I worked in childcare for over ten years, primarily in the pre-k classroom. My husband is a grocery store manager. I will continue to stay home as long as we can afford it.
You had your baby!! Congrats!!
Old 05-11-2019, 01:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I have 3 girls
Macie - 20
Kali - 18
Kennedy - 8

I am a work from home stay at home mom.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Nice to know a bit more about your family!!
Old 05-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cindi, Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! You are really lucky about homeschooling. Here's it starts to develop but really slowly…
And the goverment don't help and make it something anormal...

I'm really happy for your son and his accomplishments, it is just wonderful! I'm glad he find his way and his gift! Love this idea!

Lot's of hugs to you and again thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
We are lucky that homeschooling is so much more common today here. He has lots of homeschooled friends and takes classes with them for the subjects that I can't /don't want to teach.

That son is about to graduate high school. His reading caught up, though spelling is still difficult for him with dyslexia. He will need to have someone proofread his writing for spelling.
His handwriting is terrible, but he can type just fine. Math is REALLY tough for him since he can't memorize math facts. But he is creative and loves to invent things. He is going to an art and design college and majoring in industrial design - he even got a scholarship! So he found something he's really good at that won't use that math. They all have different gifts and you'll find your son's. Hugs!

My favorite quote and the theme of our homeschool: "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein