Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD 11/11 Comfort

It's a holiday here today and I've been outside a lot, taking photos. Now I'm back indoors, sipping on a hot tea and trying to warm up. So today's question is.....

When it's chilly, dark and dreary out....how do you find comfort indoors?
Old 11-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have an afghan draped over my recliner chair in the living room and will snuggle under that (often with Taz curled up at my feet). I'll put on my comfy clothes....either soft warm jammies or leggings/tights/soft jeans with a comfortable shirt (love soft flannel), sweatshirt or sweater. I have a few pairs of ugg-type slippers that keep my feet warm.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel very down when all I see is white outside. back when we were in Michigan and our apartment was in the middle of the building, so my only view was the back porch and all I see were leaf-less trees, snow covered bushes and sometimes deers (whish was comforting for me), I just turn on the heater and listen to a lot of songs while reading fantasy books and graphic novels with my coffee. I refrain from reading something serious when it's winter. I love the cold weather, because I came from a tropical country, but seeing only white outside is something that's making me feel down.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I feel very down when all I see is white outside. back when we were in Michigan and our apartment was in the middle of the building, so my only view was the back porch and all I see were leaf-less trees, snow covered bushes and sometimes deers (whish was comforting for me), I just turn on the heater and listen to a lot of songs while reading fantasy books and graphic novels with my coffee. I refrain from reading something serious when it's winter. I love the cold weather, because I came from a tropical country, but seeing only white outside is something that's making me feel down.
Cherry...I feel down when I see a lot of muddy, wet, brown ground and bare trees. Snow and ice actually uplifts me with its clean look. I’m not a fan of the cold but I dress warm and survive it.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a super warm fuzzy blanket that I love to curl up under. That, and teas (I'm currently obsessed with the chocolate tea line from Adagio). I love a good cup of hot tea and blanket snuggles!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 11-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love oversized warm clothes, like fleece jammy pants or sweats, long sleeved tshirts or hoodies I also love a good cup of coffee and my kindle. I usually end up with a cat on me too I also love to cook soups and stew type dishes or hearty casseroles. Maybe a little tv with hubby while we eat it
Old 11-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm always cold. Even in the summer I keep a cozy blanket and a zip up hoodie on the back of my computer chair and drink hot drinks at night (because air conditioning). I'm lucky to work at a school and get all the snow days off. Our school district cancels frequently for snow and ice, so I get to stay warm inside. I love snow days!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2019, 08:14 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

blankets. lots of blankets
Old 10-25-2022, 02:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love comfy clothes. I spend a lot of the cold weather days in warm leggings and sweatshirts. I have a small heated lap pad I'll supplement with if the cat isn't with me. And warm tea. Lots of tea!!
Old 10-25-2022, 02:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love my warm leggings, zip-up hoodies and slipper boots when I'm indoors. I have boots that are perfect for all kinds of weather - I call them sloggers. I'm not a fan of battling the rain, but I love to put my sloggers on and a coat and my big scarf and I'm ready to go out.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Comfy clothes and a fuzzy blanket curled up on couch watching Criminal Minds and scrapbooking...Unfortunately it is in the 80s close to 90 here still so no cool weather yet
Old 10-26-2022, 03:54 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

When it's cold and dreary out, my two pups like to cuddle up with me under my heated lap pad. We get cozy while I read mysteries and drink coffee, tea or cocoa. In the evenings, we turn on the gas logs to take the chill off the floor. I am ready for winter already - we had a very long, hot summer here.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:36 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Just reading all the comments make me feel cold we are in Spring here in New Zealand and at the moment I thank my lucky stars that I have packed away the layers of clothes that keep me warm in our winter which is virtually frost free and where is doesn't come close to snowing.

Tamara
Old 10-27-2022, 04:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's the rain that gets to me, so I stay home when it's harsh outside. Love blankets, cats cuddling and reading.