Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Sigh. Wish the new release sales were 2 days

Saturdays are always busy for me ... and we had a robotics competition that went Friday and Saturday ... it was all day long ... we get home and crash.

Got up this morning and realized I missed the sale ... and there were things I would have bought ... crumb bottoms...I'll live ... but sure would be nice if they were 2 day sales. I seriously cannot remember the last time I didn't have things planned (out of the house) on a Saturday ... except maybe the month of December (and then it was shopping, wrapping, birthdays, and Christmas) ...

I didn't hit the portfolio points for February with robotics competition coming up and we were dealing with some legal issues that was taking most of my time ... so guess I may be waiting awhile to get these kits and extras ...

but I wanted to tell Melissa your kit really made me smile when I looked at it ... I can see myself using that a lot ... it's such an upbeat happy kit! Really looks good!

La and Shawna I want to thank you for creating that Diagnosis kit ... it will be great to use highlighting our struggles with our child that was diagnosed with autism/aspergers/adhd/anxiety/sleep disorder ... it truly is a meaningful kit. I have a lot of ideas on ways to use that ... basically like a diagnosis doesn't define me ... it just helps you understand my challenges ... or something like that.

I saw quite a few elements type of things I will be putting into my wish list too ... how fun! I've yet to ever have an empty wish list. lol
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saturdays are crazy here too. I remember the days of sitting and scrapping and just taking it easy on Saturday. Gosh I miss those days! I usually remember about the new release sale at right before midnight my time which is after the store has already switched to the next day. I've done that for years now, seriously... and since I have a hard time justifying buying something that isn't on sale (my frugal hang up!) then I always put things on my wishlist for later. I keep telling myself 'someday'. This month I actually participated in the challenges and did get my points so I'm kind of excited to be able to browse leisurely during the week later in the month.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I know. I can never buy on Saturdays anymore because I have to wait until after we get groceries and we don't ever get to go until Sunday nights or Monday.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 03-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

I know! It's always so crazy, and this week, I even wrote a note to myself because I have a gift certificate to spend, but STILL missed out on the Saturday sale! Grr.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I hardly ever have time to shop online on Saturdays! If I do find the time it is at the expense of our weekend family time (or I have to drag DH off of the computer... which isn't preferred when I'm trying to be sly & spend more $$ on digi stuff. LOL). It used to kill me to miss the sale every week, but thankfully I earned some sweet rewards this month so I can shop later.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

tsssk ... have you girls never heard of alarm clocks?? Just set the alarm for when your hubby is still fast asleep, get up, shop then climb back in bed and he'll never know
Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea Gourley View Post
tsssk ... have you girls never heard of alarm clocks?? Just set the alarm for when your hubby is still fast asleep, get up, shop then climb back in bed and he'll never know
I never thought of that!

Unfortunately, my kiddos are my alarm clock. And they wake up the whole house early enough as is. Not sure if I could make a sane shopping decision before the crack of dawn.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I usually wait up on Friday night til the releases go live. Most of the time they hit before Saturday is here. I have been trying to not buy to much though some stuff has really tempted me to spend!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I second this motion.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saturdays are impossible for me too. We are out the door early and back late. I usually either buy on Friday when the sales go online or I am rushing in to make my purchase right before they go offline. Saturdays are family day for us. It would actually be easier for me if they went live on Saturday and the sale was Sunday. Or if they went live on Thursday and the sale was Friday.

At the same time, I also remember when I do pay full price for a kit that I am not buying from a big box store and sending my money overseas. I remind myself that the profits from the sales go to the designers and that I'm keeping small businesses alive.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
At the same time, I also remember when I do pay full price for a kit that I am not buying from a big box store and sending my money overseas. I remind myself that the profits from the sales go to the designers and that I'm keeping small businesses alive.
Good point. Even full price, the kits are cheaper than 95% of other hobbies out there.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

If I shop, a lot of the time I'll shop on Friday nights, too. Or early Saturday morning.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

I shop on Friday nights usually if I'm shopping that week.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I seem to be able to hit all the sales, when ever they are. That is a problem itself, but as long as I don't go over my budget, I'm good with it.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yup, I'm bummed because I missed NRs this week, too. I'll probably still pick up most of what I planned on getting, but may have to WL some of them Eh, I figure it's great that the ladies give us even a day where the kits are cheaper! (Though, I wouldn't complain if they gave us a whole weekend... lol)

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wouldn't complain if they made it a whole weekend thing either. I have my share of Saturdays where all of a sudden it is passed the midnight bell in Sweet Shoppe land and I've missed the NR sale.

I'm not complaining at all, though. I love it here. Just saying, if it did go to whole weekends I would be cheering with the others too.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love it here too ... and I am at 99.5% only buying from SSD ... the longer I am here, the less I buy anywhere else ... dh is supposed to be doing a financial disclosure to a financial person to help us get a retirement account (dh hasn't contributed to one since he lost almost all of his retirement in company stocks years ago) ... so I have to be very very good about any expenditures for possibly quite awhile ... he has had no clue what I have bought in the past.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Skype™ to DeepGirl

Maybe the sale should be prolonged until Sunday, too. Most of the other digital scrapbooking stores have the NR sale for more than one day. I would welcome it

Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a confession to make - I never noticed that the sale didn't run on Sundays also! LOL

I allow myself a certain amount each week (usually about $10-$15) and buy when I feel like it. Sometimes I let the $$ build up in my Paypal until I feel like having a spree. In the end, I agree that I'm helping to support designers whose product I love and keeping food on their tables
Old 03-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saturdays are busy here, especially in the summer. I'd love for the sales to be extended to Sundays, too -- at least occasionally!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlirtatiousBrat View Post
on the opposite end of things..the longer a sale is IMO the longer you have to think about it and change your mind on buying that kit lol
BTW your picture is cracking me up!

I am almost always less busy on a Sunday ... Saturdays tend to be overbooked with having multiple kids and multiple sports/hobbies/classes. Sundays things shut down a lot earlier in the day (think of like shopping centers ... they close like around 5-7pm) and it seems other things do too.

I'd have much more time to thoroughly look through the shop and generally I will pick out more if I have time to view all the kits and extras individually...otherwise they are more apt to just go on my wish list (and I have found I miss a few things in my rush).

I love SSD ... I'd be more apt to purchase on a weekly basis versus waiting for rewards, if I had more leisurely time to shop.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

While I usually stay up Friday night to shop, I have been known to shop on my phone on busy days and DL later when I have more time...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

on the opposite end of things..the longer a sale is IMO the longer you have to think about it and change your mind on buying that kit lol

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually shop on Friday night as well just to be sure that I won't forget. LOL!

Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'd love it if new releases came out on Sundays. I never get around to looking until then anyway with the usual Saturday craziness!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

the 20% off was always just a perk for me. whenever i feel like i'm spending too much money in digi, i go down the paper scrap isle at michael's. it's very sobering. LOL!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

U guys all just need to move to Australia! The new releases go live 4pm Saturday my time, so I have Saturday afternoon, Saturday night and half of Sunday to shop. Works fantastically for me! Or not so cos I spend too much.... ;-)
Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh, and as an added bonus, our dollar is really strong at the moment, so kits are already about 10% off the normal price thanks to the exchange rate.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi_girl View Post
Oh, and as an added bonus, our dollar is really strong at the moment, so kits are already about 10% off the normal price thanks to the exchange rate.
That does it! I'm moving to Australia!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovi_girl View Post
U guys all just need to move to Australia! The new releases go live 4pm Saturday my time, so I have Saturday afternoon, Saturday night and half of Sunday to shop. Works fantastically for me! Or not so cos I spend too much.... ;-)
I think that's an excellent solution!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Time to move to Australia then!

Tags
new release, sale