Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping?
I started digital scrapbooking in 2006. I won a digital camera in 2004. At that time I purchased Photoshop Elements 3. I could not figure it out. Finally took a class, but decided it was too expensive to print! In 2006 I was introduced to “Scrapping Simply” and a little later to Persnickety Prints. At $2.00 a page I was in heaven!
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD?
I cannot remember when – I do remember that I found the Christmas Advent Calendar and that is how I discovered SSD.
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day?
Watching TV – Especially Survivor!

(04) What's the last show you binge-watched?
We finally subscribed to Netflicks. I have been watching every Star Trek series that is available. LOVE!
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve?
People at work who spend hours standing around complaining about how much work they have to do. Well – if you would just get to work you might get it done!
(06) What's your best quality?
I am extremely dependable.
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation?
We went to Oklahoma City to go to the zoo, Omniplex, and the White Water (water park). We don’t travel a lot!
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why?
Evening. I love to sit outside when it is cool. I just love the sunsets and the soft sunlight. I like it even better if we have some big clouds (not severe weather – just clouds!).
(09) What was your worst (first) date like?
I had just turned 16 and ended up with my best friend in her brother’s car. He decided to “like” me to put it mildly. I basically thought he was a jerk. My lack of experience really hurt me here because I did not want to hurt his feelings. It was a horrible evening that lasted about 3 months. BAD memories!
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house?
Brisket smoked in the oven for 3 or 4 hours and then sliced and a bbq sauce added.
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not?
The one thing I would like to change is my first, very short marriage. No harm done, but it has been an embarrassment to me my whole life. I am afraid to say I would change anything – what if it caused me not to meet my husband now? I can’t imagine my life without my boys (and now my grands). I would have to say I would not change a thing. I am a lucky girl!

(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why?
It would have to be someone on Star Trek. Maybe Deanna Troy. I love the idea of exploring new worlds and being able to read minds and learn languages would be cool!

(13) What's your least favorite household chore?
All of them. Sorry. Dishes.

(14) What's one thing you know to be true?
My love for my family. I would do anything for them.

(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year?
Love that White Water trip! We also want to go to an aquarium. I think my grands would be fascinated.

(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich?
I think obnoxiously rich. Then I can buy the information from the obnoxiously smart AND have every digital kit (and paper kit) that I want!

(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite?
We had a Thanksgiving that was just wonderful. We had invited some guys from the air force base that had nowhere to go and a family from my work. Everybody got along so well. We had just moved into our current home and had plenty of room. The guys from the base played football with my son who was 7 at the time. It was just a perfect day!

(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why?
My brother-in-law, Paul McEndree (now deceased). He was more like a father to me. He and my sister were 17 and dating when I was born. He was ALWAYS there for me. He fixed everything for me and took excellent care of my sister. They never had and children, so they treated me like theirs. He died a horrible death from cancer eating away at him and never complained once. I loved him dearly.

(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn?
My sister made me a “Little Bo Peep” costume when I was 6. It had a hoop skirt and a yarn wig. My brother in law made the hoop skirt to fit me perfectly and made the Sheppard’s hook to go along with it. I loved it!

(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Braum’s Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. Yum. I could make myself sick on it!
Old 05-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? Six years.
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? Good question! I don't even remember!
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? Cuddling with my hubby and watching a movie.
(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? Telenovela. lol!
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? When people leave cupboards, drawers, or other doors open.
(06) What's your best quality? I used to be smart. Then I had kids. lol!
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? San Diego.
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? Night after the kids go to asleep because the house is quiet and I get to scrap!
(09) What was your worst (first) date like? I didn't really have any bad dates. Or if I did I have blocked them from my memory!
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? I don't cook at my house, my hubby takes care of it!
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? Definitely! My mom died from cancer five years ago and I'd love to have her back. <3
(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? Jane Foster in any of the Thor movies, because she's Thor's girlfriend!
(13) What's your least favorite household chore? Cleaning the bathroom.
(14) What's one thing you know to be true? I have the best hubby ever!!
(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? One of my older sisters is coming to visit this summer. Haven't seen her in several years, so I'm looking forward to that.
(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? Rich!
(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? Our first real family vacation last year to California. It was a wonderful week of relaxing and my kids actually being good!
(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? My younger sister because she's been through a lot and still stays positive!
(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? I'm not into Halloween and don't usually dress up. If I do, I've been forced to!
(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Cookies n' Cream.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? 8 years this month
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? I can't really member at this point - probably for Cindy's templates
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? Netflix or romance novels
(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? currently binging Kimmie Schmidt (again)
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? so many things that my clients do at work - they can be crazy making at times. No, I'm not bored - there's just no one here right now and my smile has glazed over. No, I don't take pictures, I'm just standing here for my own entertainment. I see those clicking hand gestures, but I can tell you're capable of communication with me - at least make some form of greeting!
(06) What's your best quality? my kindness
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? Disneyland
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? nighttime. I like how peaceful it is.
(09) What was your worst (first) date like? I've only had one first date, but I did have worst that followed. I got food-poisoning mid-date. Right in the middle of our university's main quad. Y'all, the 5 second rule isn't a thing if you can't remember when the floor was last cleaned.
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? cheesy garlic pesto bread
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? I refuse to have any regrets about major life decisions. However, I still wish I'd bought the Will Turner action figure which multiple heads. So I would go back in time and buy that.
(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? Any of the girls from Reign - not because of their lives, but because of their wardrobes.
(13) What's your least favorite household chore? dishes
(14) What's one thing you know to be true? My faith has meaning.
(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? My family is going to Disneyland Paris this September followed by some time in London, so I get to go to the Harry Potter Studio!
(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? Assuming I can keep my current level of intelligence, I'd take the money.
(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? Probably traveling together as a family when I was younger.
(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? In honor of Civil War this weekend, I'm going to pick Captain America. Because he's loyal, stands firm for what's right, and has the most amazing arms.
(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? I still really love the Elsa Coronation dress that I wore a few years ago - my mom made it, but it's short to not be so hot.
(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Vanilla Blue Bell with butterscotch topping
Old 05-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Getting to know Kolohigirl

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? - since 2009
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? - 2009
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? - sitting in the hot tub
(04) What's the last show you binge-watched?- Quantico
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? - undependable people
(06) What's your best quality? - compassion
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? - Florida
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? - 10:00 pm - everyone is in bed and I have the house to myself
(09) What was your worst (first) date like? I went skiing and my mom told my date to help me learn to fall without breaking my leg... so embarrassing
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? - crockpot ranch chicken.
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? - I wouldn't change anything. I wouldn't be who I am today if I changed my past.
(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? - Hermione super smart, and can cast spells who wouldn't want that.
(13) What's your least favorite household chore? - dishes
(14) What's one thing you know to be true? - My family loves me.
(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? - going back to Florida.
(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? - obnoxiously smart...then i would use my smarts to become obnoxiously rich.
(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? - Too many to name just one, but I would go with the trip to Hawaii. Everyone got along and we had such a fun time.
(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? - My mother. She has experienced a lot of things and she is a huge example of someone who perseveres.
(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? - Carmen Miranda.
(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Nutty Coconut
Old 05-08-2016, 01:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I "officially" started scrapping in 2012. From about 2006 to 2012, I "collected".

I don't really remember, but probably from The Daily Digi.

Sitting with a nice cup of tea and a book.

We're currently binge-watching White Collar.

Bad customer service!

I'm very giving and helpful. Sometimes to my detriment. My husband says my tombstone will say, "I'll do it."

Our last vacation was a road trip to Utah

Late night

I've been with my husband since I was 18, so any dates I had before that were in high school, and I can't remember any!

(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house?
I make really good chicken enchiladas that everyone raves about.

(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not?
That's a tough question. The "mature" me says, "No, I've learned from everything that's happened." But, the "real" me says, "Yes, there are some things that I would have done differently."

(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why?
I'm reading The Mercy Thompson series right now. I think I'd like to be here. She's tough, smart and adventurous.
Hmmm...cooking!! Well, actually meal planning.

I know that God loves me and wants the best for me.

I'm looking forward to having some real adventures - going on some trips before my boys leave the house.

(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich?
My first thought was obnoxiously smart, but then I pictured Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and decided I didn't want to go through life like that, so I'm going to say obnoxiously rich.

Oh, there are way too many to pick a favorite. My favorite so far this year is the birth of our first Grandbaby.

My friend Linda is my heroine. I admire her quick thinking and strength.

It's been so long since I've dressed up for Halloween. I guess my favorite was dressing up as Captain Hook for work.

My favorite ice cream is malted crunch with lots of chocolate syrup, butterscotch hot fudge and malt on top
Old 05-08-2016, 02:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

about 7 years now
It's been at least 3 years or more, and I kinda just happened upon SSD
listening to music, writing poetry, and binge watching Hulu
New Girl Season 5
Ppl that don't take responsibility for their own life and think every thing is just somehow happening to them and their choices aren't part of that cause and effect.
My ability to express myself through writing
Tennessee
Every weekday I'm home alone. ROFL
I didn't really date much, so I don't have a story for this. ROFL
Just depends. I like to make a cream cheese pie to take or hashbrown casserole.
This one is hard. I know and believe that the things have happened and the way they happened have molded me into the woman I am today, but if there was one thing....I'd just try to spend MORE time with my grand parents. Now that they've past I realize I didn't do enough of that.
I would want to be a character in on of the Marvel movies. I want some super powers and fighting skills dammit.
Laundry. oh bane of my existence.
Life always goes on
Both my kids being in middle school
Smart. Then I can make money.
My little family unit spends lots of quality time together. We seriously have fun all the time. ..but any time we're fishing that's a fave memory. I've loved fishing since I was a kid and so has my Dh so to see our kids loving it too is pure joy.
I believe there's a little hero/ine in all of us. We've all got a different story and been through different dark places, and if we've come out of those ...then we're all heroes in our own way!
I don't do grown up costumes. As a kid, I can't even remember.
It probably would've been easier to ask which flavor I least like as Ice cream is my guilty pleasure and I love them all.

Old 05-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Since 2006
I think it was when Darcy Baldwin came over here...I can't remember the year
Watching TV. I exercise in the morning...I wish I enjoyed it at night because I have a lot of friends that can only do it then
Night Manager. There is only going to be 6 episodes, but I watched the first 3 that are out the other day
People who can't pick up their own stuff
hmmmm....not really sure
Alaska
Morning. I look forward to waking up to a quiet house and having two cups of coffee before heading out to workout
yeah...better to not think about it LOL
Chinese Chicken Salad
I'd make sure I went to college before getting married and having a family
no idea
vacuuming/mopping
I love my family and they love me
My brother and his family are coming out this summer. I'm looking forward to us all being together
I'll go with rich
family get togethers over the holidays
no one
can't really remember...it's been too many years
Dreyers French Silk
Old 05-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Since 2005
I discovered SSD in 2007 when I was looking for a new community to hang out with (maybe after ScrapMommies closed or something), and I was starting to step away from just freebies and wanted a good store to buy from.
Watch TV and surf online
Trying to rewatch West Wing with my husband, but when I was really sick last month I watched the whole season of Fuller House in one day.
Probably things being left around, especially the trash thrown on the counter right next to the trash can.
Christ in me
the cottage my dad owns
The evening when things calm down and everyone is home for the night.
The guys would not talk. Complete one word answers to all my questions and LOTS of silence
Tacos or pasta probably
That's a tough one. I can't think of anything. I guess since I believe that God uses all things in my life for my good, I have to trust him that what I've gone through can be used for good and so I don't think I'd want to change it.
Probably Mary Poppins. I love her character and love working with kids
Folding socks and cleaning bathrooms
God is good.
subbing at my kids' school
Can I be obnoxiously rich and still pretty smart?
Being at the cottage with my family. I did that as a kid and now we do it with our kids. I love hanging out with my family.
Recently I've loved the story of Naomi in the Bible. She had such great trust in God's provisions.
Raggity Anne as a child - loved that costume
Chocolate chip
Old 05-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

When I had my son, I started digitally scrapping about 11 years ago.
I first discovered SSD when I found out Traci Reed designed here not long after ScrapMommies closed.
Binge watching "Gilmore Girls" and reading a book.
Haha, I really didn't read this question before posting above..."Gilmore Girls".
Everything annoying about driving like people who monopolize the left lane, don't read signs, use turn signals, etc.
I don't judge people and am easy to get along with.
Vacation? What's that? Lol, probably the waterpark with my kids, but it was really a staycation. Haven't had a true vacation since 2004 when my husband and I went to Fort Myers.
Bedtime because I love snuggling, reading to the kids, and then having a little "me" time.
I didn't ever really "traditionally" date. The only real date I can remember was with my husband and that was obviously a success.
Homemade meatballs or sloppy joes.

I wouldn't choose anything because I like my life.

Again, since I'm currently obsessed with GG, I'd choose to be Lorelai because she seems to have the parenthood and confidence thing down pretty well.
Cleaning the bathroom. I have boys lol.
How lucky I am to have such a wonderful family and my love for my husband and kids.
I'm looking forward to going on a vacation with my family somewhere we haven't been before. Not sure where yet.
I wouldn't really want either honestly, but if I had to choose, I'd choose obnoxiously rich because money can buy you a good education anyway. Too much knowledge can be overwhelming and scary. Actually money can too... Can I pass this question? LOL
There are so many good memories. My favorite memory is probably my daughter's second birthday party. The whole day went so well with our whole family and my heart was just so full at the end of the night.
I would have to say my Mom and Dad because they have been so strong through so much and have both always been there for me.
Fallen angel. It was pretty elaborate and I came up with it on my own. I wish I had a picture of it now.
Depends on my mood, but I'd say right now it's Mint Chocolate Chip.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:35 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? Seven or eight years at least
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? it's been years so I don't remember, I feel like I've always known
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? Vegging to the tv, reading, or cuddling with my kids
(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? Lie to Me
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? Mean people
(06) What's your best quality? Caring
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? Utah
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? evening when my family is home together
(09) What was your worst (first) date like? first date, it was a blind date and we went miniature golfing... I ended up marrying that guy!
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? I make crock pot chicken with potatoes and carrots for a meal usually
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? I don't think I would change anything, it all makes us who we are and I am okay with who I am
(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? I really don't know but it would be fun to hang out with the people in the show Friends for sure
(13) What's your least favorite household chore? Mopping
(14) What's one thing you know to be true? I love my kids more than anything
(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? My brothers' wedding in July
(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? Rich, simply because I already feel smart at this point/surrounded by educated people
(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? Any family vacation is my favorite, those are great memories
(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? Wonder Woman because she rocks
(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? Ballerina as a little girl
(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Currently, it is rocky road
Old 05-09-2016, 04:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started in 2006 (paper) then convert to digi in 2007

The summer games in 2012, it's still my fave event up to now

watching K-drama on the internet

Once Upon a Time

when the house in a mess, i'm not a neat freak but at least the house needs to look decent for my sanity lol

being happy, many people told me that i always look happy

I just had a short get away 2 weekend ago

morning, i'm an early bird and i feel like i can do anything in the morning

oh boy, that was ages ago... i didn't have dinner but then had a drink, it was not pretty

this is the hardest thing for me to do, since i don't like cooking

hmmm, this is a hard question. it's a yes and no, i would love to study further but i might not be married until later and my family i have now, i wouldn't changed for the world

Merida, i think she is amazing. A girl that's strong and brave to put her destiny in her own hand.

cooking, i don't like it and i'm no good at it

i have an amazing family, my husband loves me and my kids are good kids

we plan to go skiing this winter as my birthday present and our anniversary

hmmm, smart i guess...

too many... i really enjoy going to disney many times a year when we lived in Florida

My grandmother, she is very humble and kind. My grandfather was a tough man and not easy to deal with but she looked after him with love and obeyed him as a wife to a husband.

Halloween is never a thing in my home country so i never really dress up, I would love to though...

Choholate

Old 05-09-2016, 08:41 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I started in 2010, when I was pregnant with my eldest child and I wanted to learn how to scrap a pregnancy album.

I'm pretty sure that it was through The Daily Digi or another similar site (many years ago though!).

(03) What's your favourite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day?
A cup of (rooibos) tea and chatting with my husband.

The 100 (on Netflix).

Two-faced people, those who put on fake niceties etc.

According to my 5 year-old, I give good cuddles. I think that I am enthusiastic and passionate about what I believe in.

Hobart, Tasmania (Australia)

(08) What's your favourite time of day? Why?
Late at night when everyone is asleep except me. Then I feel like my time is entirely my own and I don't have to feel guilt as to dividing my time between other people and/or tasks. I also like the stillness of the night.

Pretty terrible. I was 17 at the time and was on a group meet-up at a zoo for an IRC (chat) channel with some friends of mine. A guy and I had hit it off previously and while I can't remember much about the animals that day, I certainly remember that this guy was a shocking kisser! (no tact whatsoever)

Pavlova!

I think that life would have been very different (although I'm not sure in what kind of way) had my parents remained married and my father remained faithful to my mother. They divorced when I was a teen, and to this day I still have a disconnected relationship with my father.

A tough question...I'd love to be one of the companions from Doctor Who (or possibly a student at Hogwarts)!

(13) What's your least favourite household chore?
Putting away clean washing (laundry). I don't mind washing or folding it, but putting it all away is something I end to put off doing until absolutely necessary.

That it takes a lot more energy and thought to be unhappy rather than happy. This is something that I've learnt during the past year or so, while in recovery from post-natal depression.

The Christmas season, it's my favourite time of the year. I love the busy-ness, the hype and the anticipation (especially now that I have children).

Obnoxiously smart (although that describes my husband to a tee already! :P)

(17) What's your favourite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favourite?
Going on holidays (vacations) during Autumn and walking in crunchy leaves, breathing in mountain air and crisp mornings.

A daggy response, but probably my mother. She's been through a lot, and even now makes sacrifices to help our family out.

(19) What's been the best/favourite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn?
Shiva from Final Fantasy X (a video game). I wore full blue body paint and glitter, it was an awesome costume.

(20) What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
Either dark chocolate, or honeycomb (I can't decide, and now I feel like ice cream!)

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 05-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? Since Dec. 2009.

(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? I can't remember exactly how, but I think I heard about it from another site or maybe from searching online for scrapbook supplies. I do remember some of the first kits I ever bought were from Misty Cato and Melissa Bennett.

(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? I'd say either a nap or dinner, conversation, and cocktails with good friends.

(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? Fuller House

(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? Loud noises.

(06) What's your best quality? I'm easy to talk to and get along with.

(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? Real vacation - Hilton Head. But I did spend last weekend in Charlotte for my DD's cheer competition.

(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? If it's a day off from work, my favorite time of day is early morning because I feel most optimistic and motivated then. If it's a work day, my favorite time of day is usually around 4 pm when I get home from work and picking up DD from school because I can finally relax and unwind a bit.

(09) What was your worst (first) date like? I went out for drinks with a guy, who spent most of the night on his phone and left me at our table alone for a loooong time while he chatted with people he knew at the bar.

(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? My boyfriend usually makes buffalo chicken dip. It's very popular among our friends!

(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? Yes. I wish I'd waited until I was older/wiser to get married and start a family. I got married super young before I really had a chance to grow up or get to know myself, and the marriage didn't work out unfortunately.

(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? The first thing that comes to mind is Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City (minus her selfishness and bad relationships). I mean, who wouldn't want to live in NYC and have a job they enjoy, a fabulous wardrobe, and an amazing group of friends?

(13) What's your least favorite household chore? Mopping. I detest it.

(14) What's one thing you know to be true? Life isn't always fair or easy, but everything happens when and how it's supposed to.

(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? Right now, I'm looking forward to summer! It's my favorite time of year.

(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? Well, if I were obnoxiously smart, I could figure out how to turn that into something that makes me money, right?

(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? When I was a child, we took summer vacations to the mountains, to visit relatives, etc. I always look back on those memories fondly because we had so much fun together.

(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? My mom is my hero in a lot of ways because she's so strong and is the most genuinely good person I know.

(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? This past Halloween, we threw a big Halloween party for all our friends and had a blast. I wore a Grecian-inspired costume, and it was a lot of fun.

(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? This is a hard one...maybe Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have been digitally scrapping since 2008.
Maybe in 2010, and don't remember .
Reading, cross stitching, watching a romantic movie
Call the midwife, and Game of thrones
If somebody breathe too loud
Reliability
In Hungary a wonderful place called Lillafüred
Evening, because then not work, and we can relax
I don't remember.
Fruit cake
If I could go back time, I would choose a different college. I think, that the things I learned there weren't useful in my life.
Piper from Charmed, beacuse a big witch with good magic, and she isn't lonely, she have a lovely husband and two sweet children.
Ironing
My childrens love me
In this year will my sister's wedding, this is so excited!
Obnoxiously smart.
When my children's borned.
My husband, because he is the best!
In my country we not celebrate Halloween
Lemon and strawberry
Old 05-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

(01) How long have you been digitally scrapping? 3 years in July

(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? A friend of mine sent me to SSD back in 2013

(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? I usually play a few games on my iPad.

(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? Actually 2….Gilmore Girls and Fixer Upper

(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? People that don’t answer texts, but blow your phone up when they want or need something from you (this may not be the biggest pet peeve, but it is most current on my list :P)

(06) What's your best quality? Hmmmm….so hard to say nice things about myself, but I suppose that I love with all that I have, I don’t know any other way.

(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? Kissimmee, Florida

(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? Early morning…it’s just me and quiet time before all the chaos of the day begins.

(09) What was your worst (first) date like? Well, the only first date that I can really remember is my first date with my now husband…his mom fixed us up, he had an accident in his car the day before we went out, so he had to use his moms van, which broke down several times on the way to town for the date (you know there were jokes later about “running out of gas in the sticks”!!!), we had to take my daughter to my ex in-laws (talk about uncomfortable!) because her dad didn’t bother to show up to pick her up for the weekend and we picked a terrible movie and then the van broke down again on the way home!!

(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? If I am going to someone’s house they usually request my homemade cheesecake

(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? Mostly not (I love my life and wouldn’t change really anything because I wouldn’t be where I am if I did)…that being said, there is one thing that I might change if I could, it would be when my dad was in the hospital…we thought he was going to surgery and would be back out, we didn’t (or at least I didn’t) believe the doctor when they told us that he may not make it out alive…he did, but he didn’t come back truly with us and never regained consciousness…I didn’t take the time to tell him what he meant to me, we didn’t know each other all of our lives like a lot of fathers and daughters so I feel like I should have told him how much our short time with him had meant to me and how much I loved him.

(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? I love Lorelai Gilmore, she is strong, brave, witty and goes after what she wants

(13) What's your least favorite household chore? Folding laundry or cleaning the bathroom.

(14) What's one thing you know to be true? Bacon makes almost everything better!!!

(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? Beginning the search for a new home so that we can be a family (together) again.

(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? Obnoxiously smart so that I could find a way to at least be comfortably rich

(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? Hmmm, there are so many, and aside from the birth of my children and grandchildren, I would probably pick a certain game night all of us were playing Catch Phrase and we all began laughing, I laughed so hard that I threw up a little bit on the table, gross I know, but I have 3 drama queens and it was a time when we all laughed and had FUN!!!

(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? My granny, because she raised 7 children by herself after my grandfather passed away at a very young age. She never dated, never remarried and raised those 7 kids in a 2 bedroom house by cleaning houses for others and ironing others clothes. She will always be the person I strive to be most like.

(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? When I was little my mom made me a “Queen of Hearts” costume, I love looking at those photos and even remember that evening, what fun we had!

(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? My favorite is from this little ice cream shop in Northern Indiana, they make all their ice cream and they have the most amazing butter pecan (not a flavor that I normally like at all, but theirs is amazing) otherwise anything with caramel in it!

Last edited by ScrappinRae; 05-09-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

7 years
Almost 5 years ago
Catch up on my TV shows
Orphan Black
People who cut you off while driving
I'm a good listener
We went to Disneyland in Oct 2015.
Evening because I'm done with work and can be with family.
I actually have not had a bad first date.
Strawberry/Banana with whipped cream
I would not change anything because it could affect everything I hold dear in my present life.
Temperance Brennan from Bones because I always wanted to go into forensic science if not for other circumstances.
Washing dishes
That I am in full control of how my life goes.
I look forward to a photo walk this Sunday.
Probably rich because if I rather not be obnoxiously smart as people would tend to dislike being around you.
Any memory with my Dad because now that he's gone, all those memories are important.
My mom because she is so strong through everything. I can only hope to be half the mom she is.
Princess Aurora back in 6th grade because my mom made me a dress.
Halo Top Mint Flavor ice cream

Old 05-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

How long have you been digitally scrapping? not real sure but over 10 years
(02) When or how did you first discover SSD? some online search I think, that has been a long time and I have not had much sleep this weekend!
(03) What's your favorite non-scrapping way to unwind after a hard day? I go to my nothing box and veg out binge watching Netflix.
(04) What's the last show you binge-watched? Arrow - Now watching Beauty and the Beast
(05) What's your biggest pet peeve? Oh I have to many to list!! putting your dishes in the sink instead of the open needing loaded dishwasher!! Sorry wasn't going to list that list!
(06) What's your best quality? Again to many of those to count!! LOL Just kidding! Probably my hospitality and and being a good listener.
(07) Where did you go on your last vacation? Disney world to run a half marathon
(08) What's your favorite time of day? Why? Late night - time to be by myself
(09) What was your worst (first) date like? I can honestly say I didn't really have one!
(10) What's your go-to dish/recipe to make when you're having people over or bringing something to someone else's house? dessert or guacamole, I guess I would say, I really don't have a specialty I love to cook so I take different stuff all the time
(11) If you could travel back in time to change one thing or event in your life, would you? What would it be? If not, why not? NO, You never change the past, it put you where you are
(12) If you could be a character in a book, TV show, or movie, whom would you choose & why? Well it wouldn't be a book, I don't read! probably Felicity Smoake from Arrow- he is HOT!
(13) What's your least favorite household chore? Emptying the dishwasher, I will wash them by hand to not have to empty it but then they stay stacked on the counter until I put them away.
(14) What's one thing you know to be true? Jesus loves me unconditionally
(15) What are you looking forward to doing or seeing this year? hiking and backpacking in Glacier National Park
(16) If you had to choose, would you choose to be obnoxiously smart or obnoxiously rich? smart - then I can be rich and you cant fix stupid but you can always find a way to make money
(17) What's your favorite memory of/with your family? Why is it your favorite? Disney trips - it is the happiest place on earth
(18) Who is your hero/ine? Why? The man who brought me cherries today at the grocery store - yeah it was that kind of day!!
(19) What's been the best/favorite (Halloween) costume you've ever worn? We went to the Mickey's Nt So Scary Halloween Party dressed as Cinderella in rags (myDD), Drizella (my mom) and Anastasia (me)
(20) What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Peanut butter cup from my local hole in the wall 120 year old grocery store.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've been ridiculously busy this weekend (which seems to have been the norm for the past couple of months) so I didn't have the chance to join in iNSD, but thankfully I still have the time to do this!

Almost five years.

When Becca opened her store here.

A bath with Lush products, a big pot of herbal tea and video games.

Fuller House, only because of the way it was released. Usually I watch shows as they're being released on TV.

Liars. I'm a really good judge of character and always know a lot more than they realize. I see right through it all, so it grinds my gears when they keep doing it. I'm always pleasant towards them as I believe in kindness above anything else, but it makes my blood boil when people lie so compulsively and pathologically, especially when their only motivation is to bring a person down due to their own negative thoughts and insecurities.

I'm always told that I am kind, above all else. I was told today by a parent at school that I'm one of the few genuinely kind parents there - which is such a sweet thing to say, but at the same time I think it's so sad that so few are showing genuine kindness towards her at school. I'm also the queen of organization - within the home, schedules, business, etc... I'm never late.

Almost two years ago to Sydney, Australia. We usually go on annual vacations, however last year we completed major house renovations instead.

A clear night. I have a massive professional telescope and I find it so exciting to explore outer space, especially considering how valuable "amateur astronomers" have become in recent years. My son is also showing a lot of interest in it too and I'm so happy that he's now old enough to join in.

I was about 13 or 14. A guy who had a major crush on me for almost a decade was present for my first kiss - but I was kissing another guy. Awkward much?

My husband and I do an epic roast meal, either on the spit in our Ariston oven or on the Weber. To be honest we rarely go over to anyone else's house - family and friends always comes here instead, so it must be good.

I'm the person I am today, with the husband and children I have and love so dearly, because of what has occurred in my life. So I'd change nothing. Oh, except for the last time I saw my Dad before he died. I wish I had said more, but I was 21 and in shock. Thankfully I was able to say what I wanted to Mum as she died four years later - I get comfort from the fact I learned from it.

Anyone in Star Trek the Next Generation. It shows such a positive, optimistic future and if I could explore outer space, I would in a heartbeat.

Nothing stands out, however I loathe doing anything when my shoulder is dislocated, which is often. Thankfully I have a husband who helps out a lot, whether it's dislocated or not.

There's nothing brave or heroic about what you had a part in. It's the way in which you handled the situation that shows your true bravery and strength.

This winter, we're staying in a cabin up in the mountains. Snow isn't common in the cities here so it'll be fun to actually live in it for a few days.

I'm often told that I'm smart, but I definitely have days where I'd prefer to be rich haha.

That is so tough since I have so many beautiful memories with them. We're not the sort of family to go off and do things individually - we do nearly everything together as we genuinely enjoy each others' company, so I have so many favourite memories.

My Mum. Anyone who could lead the journey she did with cancer and die with the grace, strength and dignity she displayed will always be my heroine. My husband's also my hero - he does so much for our family, above and beyond what other husbands/fathers would do and he is always my pillar of support. He has been through so much and showed such incredible strength and maturity. Seriously, I'd be a mental wreck if I had to deal with half of what he has, especially when he was a kid. He's an incredible human being.

We don't really celebrate Halloween here so I've never worn one, but I made up for it with all of the dancing costumes I wore. (I was a competitive dancer in my younger years)

Caramel, hands down.

Last edited by angiepangie; 05-09-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Since we had 67 entries, I got to choose two winners! Random.org picked #36 & #64 which turns out to be

kc33558

&

kendallt

Check your inboxes, ladies, for a PM from me!

Thanks for playing!
Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats ladies!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 05-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations
Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

gongratulations ladies
Old 05-10-2016, 11:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congrats ladies!
Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations ladies!

Old 05-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, girls
--
Mama to Albert
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congrats ladies!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:06 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations, ladies!!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Congratulations ladies!!
Old 05-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats you two!!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I am so excited!! Thank you so much!! Thanks for the sweet congrats from all!!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Whoohoo congrats ladies

Cheryl