Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Weightlifting Challenge Discussion Thread

Even though this is a bit late since the next challenge has been posted, I figured I'd start this thread since no one else had. What did you like most/least about the weightlifting challenge? Did you find it harder or easier than the first two challenges?

I think this has been my favorite challenge so far. Since I typically do a lot of layering/clustering in my pages, I just felt this challenge suited my scrapping style well. The hardest part for me was making sure I kept the majority of things within the top 1/3 of the page. I had to keep shrinking things down!
Old 07-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely not my fave. I didn't like that most pages looked similar, there was very little room for improvisation although a few pages ended up VERY creative. And I'm not a clusterer so that was hard for me! I'm looking forward to a more minimalist page for the new challenge!

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 07-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Definitely the hardest for me so far... I was pretty stuck with it, 1/3 is WAY less than it would seem! :-) Funnily enough it seems much less restricting when not confined to the top.

Last edited by adrianka; 07-13-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved it, it was hard making sure things were in the top 3rd, I kept second guessing myself and having to check constantly! I love clustering as well so that bit was easy for me
Old 07-12-2016, 04:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Even though this is a bit late since the next challenge has been posted, I figured I'd start this thread since no one else had. What did you like most/least about the weightlifting challenge? Did you find it harder or easier than the first two challenges?

I think this has been my favorite challenge so far. Since I typically do a lot of layering/clustering in my pages, I just felt this challenge suited my scrapping style well. The hardest part for me was making sure I kept the majority of things within the top 1/3 of the page. I had to keep shrinking things down!
Yes, this! The layering and making it top heavy was a piece of cake, but keeping it within the guidelines was really, really hard for me. I kept asking my hubby if it looked like I was within my 1/3.

Also, I don't journal very often, if ever, so that part was also hard , but I liked that it pushed me outside my comfort zone. Especially since the rest of the page was right up my ally.

I think my favorite is still the first challenge since it was a page that really pushed me to look beyond my everyday style.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:54 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm not really good at massive clusters, so that was the biggest challenge for me.
Not really happy with my shadowing either, I just got a new computer and all my preset shadows were gone, very annoying
Old 07-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was- by far- my favorite challenge yet. It was a bit hard to keep everything in the top 1/3 of the page though. I adore how my page turned out, too!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It was the first I had time to do and loved it as I live clustering and blank space, but my creative mind wandered and I went slightly off point until a kind sugar babe pointed this out to me so I could fix it
Old 07-12-2016, 07:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I read the directions and thought, "Oh, good-an easy one." But it ended up being my hardest one! I finally got something I was happy with on the 3rd attempt. I don't like making big clusters, and I stink at it! Some people can make gorgeous pages with that many layers, but when I try the photos are overwhelmed and it's a hot mess. I scrapped until it felt "done" to me, opened up a duplicate copy (just in case I hated where it went from there!), and then threw a bunch more elements on. I'm happy with how it turned out, but it was hard!
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I thought it was lots of fun! I just kept adding stuff and moving it around, but since everything had to be in a certain area, I didn't feel as stressed as I would have if I'd had to work with the entire page.

I agree there weren't a lot of ways to really be unique, though Brie's journaling shaped as a weighlifter sure was creative!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I think a lot of the pages ended up looking very similar. I found it very difficult to be creative especially because of the need to be symmetrical on the bottom portion
Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used the rulers and guidelines to make sure I followed the rules and stayed in the space they said to, so that part wasn't hard, but it was lol. I wanted to add more to the bottom of my clusters by adding scatters and have more leaves coming from the bottom, but I didn't because I wanted to make sure I stayed in the guidelines, so that was hard for me. The journaling part was hard for me too because I feel like I'm never good with words. I think the first challenge has been the best for me because I felt like a had a bit more freedom with space.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:25 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I liked it a lot. I liked it better than the first one. But like many ladies here, I found it hard to keep within the 1/3 of the page, since I always try to use as many space as possible. Also... I'm a template scrapper and I'm doing these challenges without templates so that's hard for me too.