Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Any use a bedwetting alarm?

My son is 8 and the pediatrician recommend a bed wetting alarm to help train his brain to wake him up to go to the bathroom. He's like my DH. My DH wet the bed until he was 16. My son really wants to try it since he's ready to be done with the pull-ups. He's been dry about 50% of the time, so I'm hoping now will be a good time to give it a go to get him over the hump.

Anyone else used these products?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I went the bed for a really long time too. I have extremely vivid very real dreams and when I was a kid, I'd dream I was on the toilet and go in my bed. It felt so real! I had to focus my thoughts before going to be each night and tell myself to wake up if I dreamed I was on the toilet. Eventually I had a dream tha tI was on the toilet and instead of peeing in the toilet, I dreamed there was saran wrap on there and got all over me so I only peed a little bit. Now I have dreams where I sit on the toilet and no matter how hard I try, I can't pee, haha

Old 11-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cheyanne has wet the bed up until the past few months - she's 14 now. We tried the bed alarm but the only person it woke up was ME LOL - we tried it for about a month and she never woke up once when it went off. She finally has outgrown it but I know how frustrating it is!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have you thought about trying essential oils? There are a couple that have been known to help with bed wetting. PM me if you are interested or you can Google it just the same.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Cheyanne has wet the bed up until the past few months - she's 14 now. We tried the bed alarm but the only person it woke up was ME LOL - we tried it for about a month and she never woke up once when it went off. She finally has outgrown it but I know how frustrating it is!
Holy Cow...that's amazing. This thing is loud.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Holy Cow...that's amazing. This thing is loud.
Crazy isn't it!?! I was amazed, but she does really sleep like the dead. I swear the house up the road could hear it but not her! I still have to wake her up in the morning for school because we haven't found an alarm that will wake her - her brother was the same way until he joined the Marines - they got him up
Old 11-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Crazy isn't it!?! I was amazed, but she does really sleep like the dead. I swear the house up the road could hear it but not her! I still have to wake her up in the morning for school because we haven't found an alarm that will wake her - her brother was the same way until he joined the Marines - they got him up
My DH had a college roommate like that. He had an alarm clock that was like a freight train. I swear the kid would sleep through a jet landing on top of him. My DH had to physically shake his bed to get the kid up! He routinely set his own alarm clock about 10 minutes ahead of his roommates so the freight train didn't scare the dickens out of him!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:47 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Just as a thought, has your pediatrician considered sleep apnea as a cause for the bedwetting? It's a common cause of late bedwetting that is often missed. Symptoms include loud snoring, and daytime somnolence. Good luck!!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosanhelwa View Post
Just as a thought, has your pediatrician considered sleep apnea as a cause for the bedwetting? It's a common cause of late bedwetting that is often missed. Symptoms include loud snoring, and daytime somnolence. Good luck!!
Good question. He never mentioned that as a possibly. So either he ruled that out already for other reasons or ??
Old 11-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We used a Malem alarm for my son and it worked great for us -- stopped the bedwetting within a couple weeks. He is a deep sleeper but it did wake him up -- sometimes with our help at first.