Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-31-2020, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 01/31

Where did the month go? Time flew by. I'm longing for spring, which prompted these questions.
  1. What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area?
  2. Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer?
  3. Do you have snow on the ground now?
  4. What do you keep your thermostat at?
  5. What's your outdoor gear? Any faves?
Old 01-31-2020, 12:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area?
Crocuses are one of the first signs of spring coming around here. They are so pretty, a purple color. They are so noticeable after the dreariness of winter.

Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer?
All yr long. We have a covered porch off the kitchen so get out there at least a few times a wk to BBQ.

Do you have snow on the ground now?
No snow, all the snow from our big storms disappeared last wk but now they are forecasting 5" on Tues with an inch or two, here and there, in between. Taz will be happy. I guess I might be getting a few more snow pics after all.

What do you keep your thermostat at?
I always want it warmer than hubs does. He has an app and checks it, fiddling with it, turning it down so I go by the wall mount and inch it up again. I'm in the basement in my office a lot and it's cooler down there so wear a sweater or hoodie usually.

What's your outdoor gear? Any faves?
I love wearing gloves, scarves and hats. The warm soft feeling is so comforting. I love to bundle up. I never used to like wearing hats before but now that my hair is short, don't have to worry about ruining the style, I throw hats on all the time now.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Where did the month go? Time flew by. I'm longing for spring, which prompted these questions.
  1. What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area?
  2. Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer?
  3. Do you have snow on the ground now?
  4. What do you keep your thermostat at?
  5. What's your outdoor gear? Any faves?
1. Crocusses are the first ones here too. Purple and yellow ones. I have daffodils on the table inside.

2. Only in summer, but not often. Maybe 3 times a team

3. No, it's warmer than average here. We haven't had any snow yet this season and maybe we won't have any this jaar

4. About 20 degrees. Most people think it's cold in our house.

5. Winter jacket and that's it. I don't like scarfs and globes.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Daffodils and Crocus are already coming up and starting to show some color. Then we'll get tulips.

We LOVE to BBQ and use the smoker and we do it all year long. In fact tonight, I'll be doing a smoked tri-tip and putting it on top of a huge salad with candied pecans and cranberries.

No snow!! Currently I have my desk window open enjoying the 60* weather and sunshine. The forecast shows snow/rain tomorrow and the rest of next week.

Usually it's set between 66-70* between mid-October and mid-April. Off completely the rest of the year.

All about the hoodies. I don't actually own a jacket. If it's rainy and we're out and about I just throw on a baseball hat. I hate the feel of things on my neck and feels so stuffy with too many layers.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area? hmm.. I'm not really sure, although we have winter with -0.1% chance of snow, flowers here are all year round.

Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer? just in the summer.

Do you have snow on the ground now? nope, but on the upper part, I think they had 1% and it's on the news today.

What do you keep your thermostat at? we have a weird winter, some days it hot, some days it's cold so we either use the heat or none at all.

What's your outdoor gear? Any faves? fleece lined leggings, pants with shirt or long sleeved and my fave jacket and sneakers. When there's rain, I'm using my boots.

Last edited by cherrygutz; 02-02-2020 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:51 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area? Irises & tulips probably
Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer? Not in the winter, too much snow
Do you have snow on the ground now? Where I am currently living, it doesn't snow, but at home, yes. Lots of snow and will be there until April probably,
What do you keep your thermostat at? 68-71 at home. Here its Celsius & we do 20 auto
What's your outdoor gear? Any faves? Here I live in joggers, sneakers, t-shirts & a hoodie in the evening. At home, I would need winter boots, a winter jacket & hat and gloves.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area? I have no idea what they are called (I'm not a flower person).... I think they are referred to as Snow Bells? Little white things that look like bells and pop up in the spring even if there's still a little snow on the ground lol
Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer? Normally I BBQ all year long (but more so in the summer)... I ran out of Propane back in October and still haven't been able to make room in the budget to replace the tank..... sadly, it's been a very mild winter with little to no snow and not too many days that were super cold, so I totally could have been out there BBQ'ing all winter.
Do you have snow on the ground now? Not really. There's a few ice patches in the yard, but we haven't had much for snow at all this year, maybe like 3 storms and snow that lasted a couple days then gone. Super odd for East Coast canada..... I'm still waiting for a BIG 'dump' lol
What do you keep your thermostat at? No Thermostat..... we just have a wood stove with bad air flow so some days it gets so hot I can't stand it, and other days I can't get the darn thing to put off any heat even though it eats through my wood pile.
What's your outdoor gear? Any faves? I avoid going outside as much as I possibly can this time of year..... not because I hate the cold, but because I had the bulk of jackets, hate gloves, and REALLY hate socks! ha I go out on mild days where I can get away with a hoodie.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Definitely crocus & daffodils (my favorite!) Also my bleeding hearts start to come up!

We have a covered deck- so we totally bbq & use the smoker year round!

Only the big piles from shoveling sadly...

68 in the winter & 75 in the summer

I got a new northface coat for my birthday- love it so much! It's super long so when I sit at the hockey rink- it keeps my bum warm!
Old 02-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area? Daffodils are definitely the first around here.

Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer? We tend to do it whenever we get the notion, more in spring and fall than summer. Too hot in the summer, too muggy. We don't have a grill right now though.

Do you have snow on the ground now? No. We did on Tuesday, I think it was.

What do you keep your thermostat at? 67 during the day, 65 at night

What's your outdoor gear? Any faves? Other than Sloggers, nothing. LOL Sloggers are a necessity on our muddy farm!
Old 02-01-2020, 02:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area? I'll admit I don't pay much attention, but I looked up the crocus and we definitely have some in our yard that pop up early in the season. We also have tulips.
Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer? All year long, but more often in the warm weather months.
Do you have snow on the ground now? Thankfully no!
What do you keep your thermostat at? 71 when we are home and 65 when we are away.
What's your outdoor gear? Any faves? I have a lot of coats I rotate depending on what I'm doing.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

What's one of the first flowers of spring that bloom in your area? I think it's usually the bulbs. I've never paid attention.
Do you BBQ all year long, not at all or only in the summer? My hubby grills or smokes most of the year except during Standard Time, because it gets dark too early, and our patio does not have good lighting.
Do you have snow on the ground now? LOL! I live in Texas. That would be a big NO.
What do you keep your thermostat at? During the winter 71. We don't like being hot in the winter.
What's your outdoor gear? Any faves? I'm not an outdoors person, but I've got coats, jackets, and hoodies plus gloves and scarves. I love my new fleece jacket!
Old 02-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

daffodils and hyacinths are usually first.

Not usually.. I have an indoor George Foreman grill if we want burgers in the winter. I also use it for chicken and other things.

nope. rain. lots of rain.

wintertime we keep the heat at 70-72.

no faves here.

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow