Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts: 03/13

Because of the health concerns all over the world, people are staying home more, being less socially active. So, that got me thinking about today's questions.....all about "staying home".
  1. If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day?
  2. Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for?
  3. Do you have a schedule for household duties?
  4. What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time?
  5. Where is your "comfy spot" at home?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day?
Yes....I love to have a jammie day. I have loose comfy jammie pants and big soft tees/tops. I have lots of pajama hoodies in varying thicknesses depending on the temperature. I also have many pairs of slippers too. I love to wear my comfy jammies all day. On most wkends I will laze around until close to noon in my jammies, playing on the internet and reading my book.

Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for?
Cleaning out the fridges/freezers is at the top of my list. I need to get in there and organize the food so I can see what we are running low on.

Do you have a schedule for household duties?
I'm really bad about that. I like an uncluttered kitchen/LR so always put things away, don't leave things out but I procrastinate about dusting and vacuuming. I also hate washing windows and I know we will have to pull out the double windows which is a PITA but every spring we do it so we can clean inside the windows.

What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time?
There are so many on my list but I do want to watch Amazon's Hunters soon.

Where is your "comfy spot" at home?
That's an easy one....my lazyboy chair. There is room for me and Taz to curl up in it and I've got a soft afghan to drape over us.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Absolutely. If I can stay in my fleece pants and sweatshirt all day it must be a good day!

Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for?
It seems this one is always laundry. It is always piling up whether it is clean or dirty. I hate it.

Nope. I kinda fly by the seat of my pants.

omg, so many, I have a watch list a mile long on Netflix. Right now I really need to see part 3 of Sabrina and season 2 of Sex Ed.

Definitely my front porch. Comfy chairs, outside cats, lots of plants, speaker, fridge with cold drinks, and nothing but beautiful country to look at. I sit out there a lot.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes I will wear pj pants around the house; my kids joke that "mom has to get dressed" if they want to go somewhere, which just means I have to put pants on.

No, not really. I do the laundry semi-regularly; I mean, I could fold it and put it away in a more timely manner.

No, I just have a list of things I make sure get done every week.

I'm re-watching Rizzoli & Isles right now. I'd like to see Knives Out.

My desk chair - it's my favorite spot.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day? I typically put on clean jammies after a shower... I like to be comfy as long as I can and only put on actual clothes when I leave the house.
Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for? we are planning to remodel the bathroom and I need to start by ripping off the wallpaper.... not looking forward to that, and hubby hasn't had a lot of time home lately so I don't want it to be sitting as a "half done project" for a long time.
Do you have a schedule for household duties? Not really. I typically have 2 house cleaning energy bursts... mid morning and just before bed..... and I really prefer to clean when no one is home (and am way more productive when no one else is around), so I do the bulk of my cleaning list in the mornings.
What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time? I don't really care for movies and we've pretty much watched everything there is LOL It's actually really hard to find something new to watch.... especially if it's something we are hoping to be able to binge watch.
Where is your "comfy spot" at home? My desk. It's off in it's own little corner, but it's open to be able to see the rest of the house so I can be on my own, but at the same time be with everyone.... plus it's by the biggest window and the wood stove, so it's really just the best spot in the house
Old 03-13-2020, 07:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day? Yep, I change clothes multiple times a day: out of my pajamas to bring the kiddos to school, back into comfy clothes, then back out of the comfy clothes to pick up the kiddos and when we're home it's back into the comfy clothes again.

Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for? A couple years ago I bought home a big tote of childhood photos and some from my Grandpa's time in the service. I really want to organize and digitize them but I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

Do you have a schedule for household duties? Nothing concrete -- just certain things every day at some point. Laundry is one I am either spot on - a little load every single day otherwise it's a giant mountain of it on the weekend. I wish I were better at not being so "all or nothing" about things!

What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time? Hubs and I have been watching the tv show Manifest together. He's got a weird schedule right now so we can only watch every other day and every other weekend so it'll probably take us a little while to get through it!

Where is your "comfy spot" at home? My fuzzy grey papasan chair. I wanted one my whole life but never got one for some reason. I think they just never fit in anywhere? I finally just bought one and I don't care if it looks funny where it's at b/c we never have visitors anyway! My whole family, cats included, love it!
Old 03-13-2020, 09:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day? yes, sometimes shorts and tshirt, anything comfy.

Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for? to bring the donation bag out. I don't know if it's the lack of time of if we just keep on forgetting to bring the bags to the car so we can drop it off, but I really need to drop them off now. I know it's not a chore-chore but so far this is something that I really need to do but kept on getting posponed.

Do you have a schedule for household duties? a flexible one and a daily one.

What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time? I love to watch NCIS (New Orleans, LA), Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Supergirl, The Flash, FBI, FBI Most Wanted, McGyver.

Where is your "comfy spot" at home? in the living room it is the corner couch and when I'm upstairs it's my computer chair and/or the bed.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day? Not unless I'm ill.
Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for? There are always chores I haven't gotten to. Sigh the joys of home ownership!
Do you have a schedule for household duties? We have housecleaners come in bi-weekly and I have a weekly chore chart for my older boys for garbage, recycle and dishes.
What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time? None.
Where is your "comfy spot" at home? My living room couch and my bed.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Uh YEAH!!!!! Who doesn't want to stay in comfy jammies all day!!!!

Nope!!! But I can never escape laundry so I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Just do them on the weekends since I work full time during the week now.

Anything I'm binging at the moment.

Now I have my bed, and my chaise sectional part of the couch

Old 03-13-2020, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes
Just like Kendall, I change clothes all the time from jammies/comfy clothes to work clothes, then back to comfy clothes when I'm back from work and to regular clothes (t-shirt & jeans/shorts) to kids' sports then back to comfy clothes again

I have a lot but I don't think I'll be doing it

Not really, I just do it when I feel like it but I don't feel like it most of the time
But I've been behind on our annual photobooks that I need to catch up so I might do that instead

I don't have anything on my watch list but I usually watch Korean drama on netflix when I have time

I have a second living room where we put this computer so it's kind of like a study room but since mostly it's my stuff so it becomes MY room

Old 03-13-2020, 11:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I actually put on our spring break schedule "get dressed or change into clean pjs"
I have a lot of sorting & purging to do...kids' school papers, my personal teaching materials. Hoping to have a chance to do that now!
I have in the past & will in the future, but at present, I have a housekeeper who does most of that
Eh...Fuller House, lol
My bed, I guess.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

yes, but not really jammies- usually leggings & sweatshirt. My real jammies are inappropriate!

I def think we're going to get to some deeper spring cleaning than usual. Definitely go through winter stuff (although it snowed this am- wth winter!?) and through the kids clothes/toys. Hubby is thinking about doing a deep clean on the garage to!

Yes & no- I do laundry every mon/thurs since I work tues/wed those are the days that work well for me & are about even for amount of laundry produced in this house! I also have a wonderful housecleaner that comes twice a month to do floors- sometimes bathrooms if I want. I usually make the kids clean their own bathrooms & wipe all doors/light switches weekly already- before this whole crazy virus thing.

We're for sure going to catch up on some dvr'd stuff. We just finished Ozarks on netflix & just started "you." We also have disney+ so I imagine a lot of movies in the next weeks as well.

Bed for sure. But I refuse to have a tv in our bedroom. To watch movies/tv, we have a super comfy sectional couch in the theater room in the basement.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If you have a day at home, do you ever wear jammies all day? Yes, but my "jammies" are a t-shirt & shorts, so it's not a big deal to stay in them all day. And I NEVER put on a bra if I don't have to.
Is there a chore you have been meaning to get to at home but haven't found time for? So many. My daughter's room is total chaos, but I'm always like, "Tomorrow..." And I want to paint my office, but I can't decide on a color.
Do you have a schedule for household duties? Yes, but I have never stuck to it.
What movie/TV show is on your "to-watch" list when you have time? I'm watching the Agatha Christie's Marple series right now; I like it because it is entertaining, but I don't feel like I have to set aside my life to finish it.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't like staying in jammies all day, but I have "comfy clothes" that I only wear at home - super baggy sweats & tshirts.

I have SO much unpacking to do!! I'm almost done with unpacking the kitchen, but every other room still needs to be done.

Not really. I have tried multiple times to be on a schedule, but it never happens.

I don't watch much TV, so not really.

I haven't found one yet. We're still unsettled - our bedroom should be ready for us to move into at the beginning of April, so hopefully I'll have a spot in there!