Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife
Default Disney scrapping help

We just got back from a wonderful, total all-out, 16 day Disney trip. My DH is a photographer and took about 1000 PROCESSED pics. I have my photo pass with 700 pics. And, the candids taken with my phone.

I am SO overwhelmed. I need to get this scrapped, but I don't even know where to start! Its a good/bad problem!

Have you scrapped a Disney book? How did you approach it? Chronologically, or just scrapped what pics inspired you? I'm so overwhelmed, I can't get a page done!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped a lot of disney books, mostly from paris and one wdwtrip.most of the time 2000 photos, in wdw 4000 with my camera, photopas
and i phone photos
i look at my pics.
and make a list what happend first and wright down what i want to scrap.
and then follow the list to scrap.chronologically
I always match the background papers of 2 lo, s next to eachother, it dont mather of the theme on the lo is the same, the background is matching.
i know how many pages that i can use in my albums.
they start with 26 and i can add 8 to it, till 98.
so i know how much pages i have to scrap.
and then .
I always take notes on vacation that i can use later in my scrap lo,s as journaling.

Last edited by renatasluis; 04-21-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

it is so overwhelming getting started on vacation photos, isn't it! I've done it two ways... when we did Disney a few years back, I grouped things by time... what we did at 9 (breakfast), 10 (arriving at park), 11 (attractions, 12 (lunch), etc...

The second way I do vacation photos is by "topic" and pick the best photos... for example, we took a bus tour in San Francisco and had a ton of photos, so I broke down my pages by neighborhood... then if I had an left over photos that didn't make the cut, I did collage photos at then do the days.

HTH!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I scrap all my books chronologicly, including my Disney ones.
Like Renata said, I write down the topics I want to scrap and see if my photos fit on one page or if I have to make a 2page spread.
I also write a tripreport, so I don't forget the details.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

This is the biggest project I've ever done. I am not a chronological scrapper at all, I scrap whatever pic inspires me whenever. I also don't scrap with many pictures at a time, so I am struggling with that too!

I also have never done a book before, just individual pages. I'd like to get this done so I can get it printed asap!

Thanks for the input everyone!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did mine by park. Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom.

I made a separate section of all the character photos. I did not separate those by park.

I had mine printed into two photo books. In the last photo book after the two parks I included some other adventures of our trip to Florida -- places we ate outside of the parks, trip to the beach & tropical flowers I saw along the way & our trip to the Kennedy Space Center.

It's a big project but so much fun.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My wdw trip are printed in 3 books, to many photos.
doing a ireland trip now, 120 pages.
and a disneyland paris trip 58 pages.
it looks like a lot to scrap, but he one page at the time .
at first i dit it like you said, scrap whatever photo i liked, but at the end the pages didnt fit together and i had to many or to little pages for an album.
thats why i make a list now
Old 04-21-2015, 03:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When our family went to the theme parks in Australia, we came home with lots of photos too. I ended up using Janet Phillips' templates and the pages came together super fast, because I didn't have to embellish anything. I used paint bucket to colour fill the journal/title spaces, and kept the same fonts throughout the album. I love how it turned out:

Old 04-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

oh gosh I'm not a linear scrapper much but I love that book Jacinda..I have a couple trips to still scrap and I'm totally going to do it that way. Probably not as many photos but nice and clean

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-21-2015, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Chronologically is what I'd do. Maybe even project life style to get them done quicker.

My Disney album from Keira's wish trip in my pictures on fb, if you want to take a gander get ideas. https://www.facebook.com/vanessa.arm...7358424&type=3

Also check out our Pinterest boards, Sweet On: Disney for ideas & products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by nesser1981; 04-21-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Disney scrapping help

I pre planned my pages too, which helped me.

Like I made a category for each 2 page spread. Even if the pages were different themes, I used the same kit to pull them together.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've completed one Disney album, and am working on the other one right now. My goal is to get this 2nd one finished before our next Disney trip next summer!

I think the first thing to do, is to organize your photos. Mine are organized by day, than what we did. So my MK folder has about 20 additional folders inside it. These folders are numbered by the order we did things ex: 1 arrival, 2 Main Street, 3 Castle, 4 meeting Princesses, 5 Space Mountain....and on and on. I did this for each of the parks we visited (with those being in order also). And than I have 1 folder for traveling to FL and one for traveling home. I also have one for our resort and anything that happened there- swimming, the room, shopping, etc.

I don't SCRAP chronologically, but I do print my album in chronological order. I scrap by what new release there is, or what photos fit a challenge etc. Having all of your photos organized by day and subject also helps you to see how many photos you have, if you have duplicates (it happens with extra cameras and photopass), and to narrow down the best photos to use in your albums.

Have fun! Can't wait to see your beautiful Disney pages!
Old 04-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you all for your input! I think I'm going to organize my pics first then go from there. Maybe if I wasn't just staring at everything at once, it wouldn't boggle my mind so much! I love all of the ideas you've all shared!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
Thank you all for your input! I think I'm going to organize my pics first then go from there. Maybe if I wasn't just staring at everything at once, it wouldn't boggle my mind so much! I love all of the ideas you've all shared!

Looking at a small number at a time will really help.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Vacation photos can be so overwhelming! I scrap mine mostly chronologically. Each day gets one or two 2-page spreads with lots of photos on each. Sometimes I do Project Life style, sometimes more like Cindy's Snapshots templates. I also add in a few extra pages for things I want to scrap bigger, with just 1-3 photos per page. For example, our vacations are usually with family so I include a few pages for the best group photos. For WDW, the equivalent might be character meals or photos with favorite characters.

Another thing I do that makes a big difference for me is to decide right away how many pages I'm going to scrap (usually 20-ish) and what the theme of each will be. Otherwise I'd never be done and I'd lose interest in the project. Sure, some good photos don't make it in, but better a printed book with the very best photos than computer files that no one here would ever look at.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I totally organize my books chronologically, but I scrap them out of order. I try to organize my pictures and then I make a notebook highlighting how many pages I think a topic is going to need. I cross them out after I make them, so I can see what I still have left to do.

I'm completely behind in my Disney books, but eventually I'll get there! LOL
Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

good luck with however you decide to organize it! I hope you share your pages with us when you get them done.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

For our first Disney trip (with kids) I made one of the books online. It was pricey, and while I like it, I feel like I could have documented more. Our 2nd trip I did a PL style book. 'Project Mouse' as it's referred to on another site. I will definitely be using this method for our next trip!!

Gallery
Old 04-24-2015, 02:28 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

I scrapped all of my Disney pics by day (day 1, day 2, day 3, etc etc) which is how I divided them up in my Disney folder for all my pics..... I also have a "Disney" folder with all ofmy Disney inspired kits So even if we did something elsewhere while there (the beach, boardwalk, etc) I still stuck to Disney themed kits so my whole album just flowed BTW, I decided what photos on wanted on my 2 page spread ( I like my opposite pages to match) and then I found a template with the same amount of slots and stuck them in and used the same kit on both pages
Old 04-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So, I divided my pics based on "event", i.e. meeting Merida, Meeting Cinderella, and it seems to have helped my brain process this a little bit. Because DH and I were split up so much of the time (him with our son, me with the girls), between us we did a LOT of different things.

Once I did that, I found it easier to cope. I am going to need two pagers for most stuff, because I have amazing pics, and I want to use as many as I can! I just got my first two pages done, and I figure once I'm done the pages, I'll decide what order I want them to go in.

Thank you all for your help with this!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

smart thinking lady! sounds like you are on your way.....also if you get overwhelmed and feel you can't get all your journaling on them, I did a couple of spreads where I did a TON of journaling on one page so things wouldn't get left out
Old 04-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We went on a Disney Cruise last year. I scrapped a handful of pages, but have been debating throwing all those out and trying over again though.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am working on mine (10 days) and I organize it like this

1. The story on how we decided to go (page 1)
2. Pre-trip, airport, plane
3. The hotel, our room
Then like this
Since I did one park a day I´m working on
a. general pics about the day (double page)
b. A couple of pages of special rides (if I did the same ride several times on different day, I´m grouping them in just one layout)

If we did something special by night I made a layout about that too (like a Parade)
I make a double page about dinners
A double page about bed time
A page about goung back home

Whatever you decided, try to separate your pictures in folders and subfolders. That will help you too see a pattern

I also grabbed a notebook and made a journal in reverse with just 3 or 4 lines about what we did at each park. That also helped me a lot to visualize what memories I wanted to keep

Hope this helps
Old 04-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like a typical amount of photos to me. Seriously. I took 1500+ on our last 2-day trip to Disneyland, and I know of others who take about the same as you.

I've done albums both chronologically and by "land" - Frontierland, Fantasyland, Carsland... The album I'm currently working on is by "land", and it's been easy to keep things looking less frazzled looking (we hopped between the two parks both days). It looks kind of funny to me, because I'm used to doing everything chronologically. But it's working.

I also tend to put a lot of photos onto my pages. I love Cindy Schneider's templates for this, especially the ones with one larger photo and lots of small ones. I pick the best photo of the lot to highlight, then add the others to the page that helps to tell the story.

I only make one editing pass with my photos to delete the really bad photos. I don't spend precious scrapping time trying to figure out which ones I'll use. I don't plan anything out ahead of time. I scrap one page at a time and I look through all of the photos and then choose the ones that will work the best. Then when I'm all done with the album I go back and delete unwanted or unused photos.

I hope this makes sense and might help you out a bit. It's a system that works for me, so if anything I said helps you in any way, yay!

Good luck!
Old 05-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Guys, I've been working on this for over a week. I have exactly two pages done and I hate them

I may never get this done LOL
Old 05-02-2015, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

If you want to get them scrapped fast, you might want to do a photobook from Disney, Shutterfly, something like that and then take your time scrapping them exactly how you want to. You'd have the memories laid out and some journaling attached so you don't forget any details.

If you got the photopass, the same site you look at those pictures has photobooks, they won't be perfect, but it might help for a bit.

Once you finish the one you really like, then you can give that one to one of the kids and even print 2 more copies so that all 3 of them have one.

Last edited by nesser1981; 05-02-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I've completed one Disney album, and am working on the other one right now. My goal is to get this 2nd one finished before our next Disney trip next summer!

I think the first thing to do, is to organize your photos. Mine are organized by day, than what we did. So my MK folder has about 20 additional folders inside it. These folders are numbered by the order we did things ex: 1 arrival, 2 Main Street, 3 Castle, 4 meeting Princesses, 5 Space Mountain....and on and on. I did this for each of the parks we visited (with those being in order also). And than I have 1 folder for traveling to FL and one for traveling home. I also have one for our resort and anything that happened there- swimming, the room, shopping, etc.

I don't SCRAP chronologically, but I do print my album in chronological order. I scrap by what new release there is, or what photos fit a challenge etc. Having all of your photos organized by day and subject also helps you to see how many photos you have, if you have duplicates (it happens with extra cameras and photopass), and to narrow down the best photos to use in your albums.

Have fun! Can't wait to see your beautiful Disney pages!
This is me too.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post

then if I had an left over photos that didn't make the cut, I did collage photos at then do the days.

HTH!
OOOhhh! I love the idea of a photo collage page after the main pages have been made. Thanks for the idea!
Old 05-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used Cindy's Universal Album 2, deleted all the embellishments and then just used pictures & cards (mostly). It still took a lot of time, but wayyyy less time than if I'd tried to embellish and make the pages scrappy.
Here's the link to my flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/234366...7646858298104/
Old 05-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used Cindy's Universal Album 2, deleted all the embellishments and then just used pictures & cards (mostly). It still took a lot of time, but wayyyy less time than if I'd tried to embellish and make the pages scrappy.
Here's the link to my flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/234366...7646858298104/
Old 05-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

when we went to Disney, I had over 5k photos. I spent a week or two putting them in to daily folders. Once they were placed in to their daily photo, I put them in to sub-folders that were specific to that item, such as lunch at Chef Mickey's. If there were more than 100 photos, they had sub-sub folders with "character Mickey", "character Minnie", "food", etc. My Disney photos are completely organized that I can find most things/photos from our trip.

How did I scrap? I scrapped 100 pages, because that's an album for me. Once my 100-pages were done, they were sent to Winkflash to be printed/bound. But every once in a while, I will find a photo that I really liked and didn't scrap, so I'll put it in that child(ren)'s album, even though it isn't with the Disney album.

I tried to scrap every single character meet--that's what we did most and enjoyed. I believe I have each character meet in our album. At the end, I did a two-page spread with just a few of the characters that we met, even though there were over 25 photos total! I tried to scrap each character meal and a few highlights from the park. For the most part, that's what inside our Disney album.

We are getting ready to go to Disney again in January. While I'm excited, I'm quite nervous because I know what an undertaking it will be to organize the photos and start going through them, picking photos to scrap for our next album! I don't envy you, but wish you a lot of luck and patience! Take your time and don't get stressed scrapping those layouts. They'll come and when they come, you'll love them!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped a couple of Disney books. I do like an diary kind of book for everyone of them. The ones I have made from our Disneyland Paris trip wich is mostly like 4 days max will fit in one book. For our WDW trip of 15 days I have 4 books in the planning.

First thing what I did when I came back is go trough the pictures and remove the really bad ones. Then put everything in folder for each days. Day one... day two.... etc.. Then I started planning the pages so make a list like page 1 at the airport, page 2 arrival in Orlando, page 3 animal kingdom check in. Just go trough your pictures and plan every single one of them per day. Things like parades and pic heavy subjects will get a double pager.

When planning I will check how many days will fit in one book. So for us it was like 4 days a book plus a travel day or a less pic heavy day like a shopping day. Making them all kinda have them same amount of pages.

Then I will just start scrapping page by page. When starting to scrap i will go to the day where i left, check for the page to be made en then open de picture folder. Count the pictures I want to be on that page and find a appropiate template. I have them all labeled so if i count like 6 pictures I want to use I will do a search for a 6 picture template.

It's all in the planning.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Just like i do samantha