Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-02-2018, 03:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Kellie! (joelsgirl)

It's February!!!!

So......how did your first month of PowerSheets go????

I did awesome on my daily goals, decent on my weekly goals, and um, yeah, not so much on the monthly ones...

So, for February I kept the same daily goals (walking, time with Jesus) and added in no eating after dinner. I broke my weekly goals down further (dividing updating our checkbook and updating our budget into two separate goals). And for those monthly ones....yeah...I only put like 5 down instead of the 10ish I had in January.

Let's do this!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well good for you keeping your daily goals & part of your weekly goals. You've got 11 more months to work on your monthly goals, right? ; )

So it turns out that PowerSheets did NOT change who I am as a person and I'm still not getting stuff done.

However, all the 30 pages of pre-work made me realize that I'm not so bad. So my new motto for 2018 is, "I do what I want." Like, I ended my Whole30 2 weeks early (Can we call that "advanced"??) because I do what I want.

Mostly, I just realized that I'm always trying to be better, but really I'm not so bad just the way I am. (I mean, I'm far from perfect, but maybe I don't have to be.) And since my OLW for 2018 is "satisfied", I feel like it only makes sense to be satisfied with myself.

If only I hadn't paid $65 for those PowerSheets...

Haha, no, really, I'm going to think through the handful of things I want to change (exercise, language study, better parenting) by using the things I know about myself, like the fact that I'm never going to exercise without someone else expecting me to show up & by having a language plan that does not involve me having random conversations with strangers (this is what all the experts suggest, but five years of NOT learning Filipino suggests that it doesn't work for me because I'm not going to do it.) to form a plan and take it step by step like the workbook says.

Anybody else have any luck with goals? Or have some great self discovery like I did?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's my daily motto, too, Kellie! Ha!

Old 02-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was JUST looking at the PowerSheets last night! I'm working on my OLW for this year but wondered if the PowerSheets would be more helpful. But then...I already use a planner & it looked like another planner so I'm thinking that might be too much...ha! I'm so indecisive.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
But then...I already use a planner & it looked like another planner so I'm thinking that might be too much...ha! I'm so indecisive.
Powersheets are not a planner, but they work in conjunction with the planner you have. They help you identify your goals and break them down into small steps, which you can then put into your planner to accomplish them.

Kellie...you sound like a Rebel (4 tendencies). You can do whatever you want, but only if you choose to do it. So you're on the right path, you need to keep reframing your inner dialogue.
Example...I'm going to workout today because I feel good when I workout and I like to feel good. Or I'm going to find one person that I can converse with because I want to learn this language.
You can do this!
Old 02-03-2018, 10:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love you so much, Kellie.

Yes, I don't think you're all that bad, either!